Key West/Sunset Key - has anybody done this?

Jet

Earning My Ears
I just heard that guests of the Key West Hilton have access to a private island, Sunset Key, which is a 10 minute boat ride away. Has anyone been there?

I've heard it's beautiful and has a great man-made beach. Just wondering if it would be worth it to use my Hilton points to book a room so we could head over for a few hours. It seems there's not a ton of stuff for kids to do on Key West, so maybe this would be a good option.

Looking for any input!!

Hello Jet,
This is Shirley - Sunset Key is an awesome island - it was man-made a few years ago and yes it is worth the points as long as it is reasonable that is. The sunset is worth seeing - to try and describe it - well it is impossible - it is different every night - it seems like you can almost hear the water sizzling as the sun goes down - Key West doesn't have much entertainment for children unfortunalty - You are most welcomed to information I have on Key West - all you need to do is mail me an 8" enveloped with about $3.00 stamps on it and self addressed - it will give you some insight as what to do and where to go while in my hometown.
You can drop me a note at snelsonbrown@aol.com
Always
Shirley

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton last year and took the boat over to Sunset Key. It was an additional $10 per person. The beach is nice, but nothing special. It was very windy when we were there, so we did not go in the water. Looked like there was some coral on the bottom of the water. At the gift shop (where we bought the tickets for the shuttle), they asked if we were staying in the resort, which made me wonder if we could go over to the island even if we were not resort guests. There is also a restaurant on the island, right next to the beach. You may want to call the hilton directly to see if you have to book a room to go to the island, or if you can just pay the $10 per person to go over to the restaurant and beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter