Key West - Western Union Schooner excursion

SeaSpray

Disney World fan since 1976
Has anyone been on the Western Union schooner? It looks like a great excursion, it got a pretty good review in Passporter, and I went to their own web site and the ship itself looks wonderful! I read the history of the ship, and I think DH will like it for that reason, and DSs and I will like it because it looks like a lot of fun, we've never been on such a big sail boat before, it looks like one of the "tall ships" that come into Boston.

Have any of you done this excursion?? It looks easy enough to book on our own, as opposed to booking it through DCL. We will definitely book our excursions from Cozumel and Grand Cayman through DCL, but I feel comfortable booking this one myself.

If you have any experience with this excursion, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks! :)

I think this is the excursin that Buckaroos Dad spoke highly of. I'm not positive though. Perhaps you can keep this bumped up until he returns and he can give you details. It seems like he posted a very detailed report of this excursion.

Sorry I was no help at all but I guess there's hope!

The western schooner was truely wonderful.. It has something for everyone... We took the sunset cruise and its worth 10 times the cost. The crew tell about the history of the boat and key West sailing. You learn a little about sailing the boat, they have a local mistrel play and sing folk songs, They fight off an "attacking" PT boat with a cannon, They released a dove like old mariners used to use to send messages back home. You get a wonderful view of the disney boat as you go by. The crew is nice and very Key West layed back.

The sunset view under sail was just breathtaking. The sunset sail was one of the highlights of the Western cruise for us. It has something for everyone.

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter