Kidani & BLT CMs were amazing dealing with my corrupted DMX account

rlk

DIS Veteran
We just returned from an eleven-night trip split stay trip. We have done split stays before without problems, but our luck ran out this trip. We had 1 night All Stars Sports, 3 nights at Kidani, 1 night at BLT and then back to Kidani for 6 nights. We also had the dining plan for all the DVC resort stays. Something went awry as soon as we checked into Kidani the first time. The CMs at Kidani said my account was corrupted and IT had to recreate it. Actually, throughout my stay, Disney IT had to recreate my account three different times. From that first full day, I had to spend at least two hours per day at the front desk or at Guest Services at a park.

My experience was very frustrating, especially having to waste over 12 hours of vacation time, not being able to enter a park due to no ticket being linked to my account, missing out on some night time entertainment and having to interrupt dinner to continue working with managers to try to fix the issues. What made it bearable was all the amazing CMs at Kidani and BLT! I worked with several different managers at both resorts as well as various CMs and they were all exceptional.

My account is having issues and IT has a ticket on it. They say I won't have any issues on our trip next week but we'll see......

The more you move, the more reservations especially with the dining plan, the greater the chance of something going wrong. Nice that you acknowledge the CM's for helping you but I wouldn't be so nice. True that they only work there but Disney's a multi billion dollar company and they robbed you of your vacation time because they don't want to pay to fix their reoccurring IT issues. NOT NICE DISNEY!!!

:earsboy: Bill

We just returned from an eleven-night trip split stay trip. We have done split stays before without problems, but our luck ran out this trip. We had 1 night All Stars Sports, 3 nights at Kidani, 1 night at BLT and then back to Kidani for 6 nights. We also had the dining plan for all the DVC resort stays. Something went awry as soon as we checked into Kidani the first time. The CMs at Kidani said my account was corrupted and IT had to recreate it. Actually, throughout my stay, Disney IT had to recreate my account three different times. From that first full day, I had to spend at least two hours per day at the front desk or at Guest Services at a park.

My experience was very frustrating, especially having to waste over 12 hours of vacation time, not being able to enter a park due to no ticket being linked to my account, missing out on some night time entertainment and having to interrupt dinner to continue working with managers to try to fix the issues. What made it bearable was all the amazing CMs at Kidani and BLT! I worked with several different managers at both resorts as well as various CMs and they were all exceptional.
Sounds like a nightmare! So sorry that you had to go through this. Did they compensate you for this?

The more you move, the more reservations especially with the dining plan, the greater the chance of something going wrong. Nice that you acknowledge the CM's for helping you but I wouldn't be so nice. True that they only work there but Disney's a multi billion dollar company and they robbed you of your vacation time because they don't want to pay to fix their reoccurring IT issues. NOT NICE DISNEY!!!

:earsboy: Bill

Sounds like a nightmare! So sorry that you had to go through this. Did they compensate you for this?

It was a bit of a nightmare, especially when they had to recreate my DMX account for the third time in 4 days. There were so many issues, that I can't list thenm all. I believe they did a nice job of compensating us, but nothing gives back time. Again, I think I would be more upset if I didn't feel that every CM and Resort Manager tried to go above and beyond for us.

We were upgraded from a BLT standard view to a lake view. It was a nice gesture, even if I didn't get to spend much time in the room. My account issues seemed particularly bad while at BLT. The one night at BLT was an issue from check-in. I finally sent my family to the room while I worked with the front desk and IT. I only left the desk to go with my family to Chef Mickey's to eat with my brother's family. At dinner, I received a call from IT asking me to go back down to the front desk. I quickly finished up and left my family to eat their dessert. This was the night we planned to walk to MK to see HEA, but I was stuck working with Disney IT. We did manage to run up to TOW for the fireworks. After the fireworks, I once again had to continue working with the front desk. When I left the desk, they said everything should be fine.

Well, the next morning, I was denied entry to HS. They said I had no ticket media connected to my account. Once again a 2-hour stint at HS guest services.

One manager at AKV- Kidani gave us one day comped tickets. This allowed us to go to a park on our last day (we had 10-day park hopper tickets). At Kidni, they also comped us a Star Wars dessert party as well as 3 extra fast passes for each day of our trip. The fast passes were great, but due to the high level of crowds and our having to spend at 1 -2 hours at Guest Services in the parks most days, we didn't use most of the extra passes.

One benefit of all the issues with my account caused us to get a bunch of our dining credits back from our first 3-night stay at Kidani. We gifted some of those to my brother and his family. The dining plan also got screwed up. I imagine as Disneynutz states, split stays with split dining plans can be complicated. At one point they had me as an adult and the rest of my family as 3 infants.

I have to make a call to DVC to continue to fix my account, I just need to take a two week break first.

I don’t know why they didn’t just pull the tickets off MDE and give you cards.

Split stays...no such thing to them. Each reservation is it’s own thing. Dining on one shouldn’t interfere with another. So there’s nothing inherently complicated about having several reservations in a row.

Honestly they’re just making up excuses for something that went wrong in their system.

Split stays...no such thing to them. Each reservation is it’s own thing. Dining on one shouldn’t interfere with another. So there’s nothing inherently complicated about having several reservations in a row.

Honestly they’re just making up excuses for something that went wrong in their system.

I agree. So far so good with my pretty corrupted MDE account. An old magic band worked for direct to room at CCV and no problem getting into the parks with that magic band two, which is one that I can no longer see on the MDE online account. I move to Jambo House today and will see how it goes. Unfortunately I just have bad luck at a AKV with magic bands working even when my account was not corrupted so I'm not holding my breath but I'm hopeful.

We will see, but I think that they're running into things with MDE that they had not planned on or foreseen.

My issues continued when I returned home. Several days of photopass pictures were not on my account. I'm sure the days that were missing were linked to my account before the last recreation of my MDX account. After another long phone call with a manager, working with Disney IT, who, by the way, is still working on my MDX account, all my pictures appeared later that evening. It looks like now I have photopass access for a year even though I do not have an annual pass.

I mustered up the strength to call DVC member service yesterday. My points are all screwed up now too. The CM I spoke with said I had points in holding because I canceled a reservation on March 30. No, Disney IT was doing I don't know what to my reservations.Hoping everything will fall into place without me having to put any more energy into phone calls or emails. I am fried!

At BLT, they finally gave me a card to get into my room, but by the time I actually finished with the front desk, they got my band working.

My account is having issues and IT has a ticket on it. They say I won't have any issues on our trip next week but we'll see......

I hope you do not encounter the issues I had. At least IT has been working on your account already(which could be a good or bad thing:headache:).

I hope you do not encounter the issues I had. At least IT has been working on your account already(which could be a good or bad thing:headache:).

Initially had MB issues at AKV. Absolutely nothing new for us there. My band worked initially to get me in the room then stopped. Nieces worked to get us up the elevator but wouldn't for the room. Then band didn't have charging - ie the credit card disappeared. Everything seemed ok yesterday and all this was after things "just worked" at CCV.

Your mix up on the points as a large part of why I didn't and don't want any work done on the account now so I'm thankful we're getting what we need so far. Still it was an extra 30-45 minutes or so dealing with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter