"Kids complete meals" vs. "kid's picks"

dreambound

Lover of sugar-coated sugar-filled sugar
Looking at TS menus, what does this mean for the dining plan? Can we choose from either the complete meals or kids picks for our kids? Here is an example:

Tony's Town Square

Menu Date: August 2007

For Guest age 9 and under

All meals served with choice of 1% milk, bottled water, or juice

Kids' Complete Meals

These menus items include one serving from each of the five food groups

Pizza with mozzarella and diced chicken (optional), served with veggies and brown-sugar apples $7.49

Grilled Fish of the Day with whole grain pilaf, veggies and yogurt parfait $7.49

Kids' Picks
Choice of 1 Appetizer, 1 entree and 1 dessert - $7.49

Appetizer

Carrot and Celery Sticks with Ranch Dressing OR Garden Salad

Entrees

Spaghetti and Meatballs

OR

Macaroni and Cheese

Soft Drinks Available Upon Request

Desserts

Fruit Cup OR Ice-Cream Sundae

I hope my question makes sense. I've seen a few TS restaurant menus like this and I'm a tad confused. We are on the 2007 plan, btw.

Thanks!

Yes, you pick either the complete meal or the pick a meal. With the pick a meal, you then pick one app, one entree and one dessert from the list.

FWIW - Many places will let the kids mix and match. For example, my DS8 ordered one of the complete meals at Sci-Fi but they let him substitute the ice cream sundae for dessert instead of one of the sides that came with the meal. I don't know if all places do this, but it can't hurt to ask at the individual restaurant.

It depends on the server. Some places were totally accomodating and let kids mix and match. Other places were totally by exactly what was on the menu. In some places with slower service like Le Cellier not only were they very strict with the menu we also had to really argue with the waitress to bring out the app for the kids with the adults apps. My kids were happy with carrots and apples for apps but they didn't want to sit there with nothing while the adults all ate apps. Same would go for desserts with the preplated meals, my kids want their dessert when the adults are having dessert.

Yvonne

It depends on the server. Some places were totally accomodating and let kids mix and match. Other places were totally by exactly what was on the menu. In some places with slower service like Le Cellier not only were they very strict with the menu we also had to really argue with the waitress to bring out the app for the kids with the adults apps. My kids were happy with carrots and apples for apps but they didn't want to sit there with nothing while the adults all ate apps. Same would go for desserts with the preplated meals, my kids want their dessert when the adults are having dessert.

Yvonne

Our service at Le Cellier was not slow, and was very accomodating. The children mixed & matched from the kids "complete" meals or the kids menus, and he asked if we wanted the children's "appetizers" before. (one had cheese soup, the other had carrots & celery)

On the same lines as the OP question, if there is a child's item that has (add $2.00) beside it... like the steak at Le Cellier, is that included or do you pay OOP? Not that I really care one way or another, I was just wondering!

Ala cart for cost for kids portions? My son is 2 and only eats a couple bites of a couple things. We don't need an app, main course and dessert. How much are some of the popular items?

On the same lines as the OP question, if there is a child's item that has (add $2.00) beside it... like the steak at Le Cellier, is that included or do you pay OOP? Not that I really care one way or another, I was just wondering!

When we went in Oct, we were never charged for the additional $2.00 to get a kids steak. We would have gladly paid it, just weren't charged for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter