Kimonos forced me to pay them $700

Jolissi

Earning My Ears
>:(Tried to make a reservation for Kimonos at the Swan Hotel for my group of 14. They told me I must spend over $700 before tax and tip if I want to eat there. Since when does a restaurant tell you how much you must spend to eat there? Anybody ever experience this?

Were they booking you as a private party in a private room instead of just a regular reservation? That's what it sounds like.
They never mentioned anything about a private party. After speaking to the kimonos employee I Looked into the restaurant a little closer and realize it’s small from some comments on the Internet. Maybe they just wanted to push my large group out so they would not have to reject people coming in to dine there because it’s full

I've run into this at home (Atlanta) when I've wanted to make reservations for 12+ at popular restaurants and popular times. They $50/per person deposit sounds about what I have encountered. Many restaurants do not have such deposit requirements, so just pick a different one.

When I went to the swolphin site it indicated for private parties. So it would appear you have not booked a dinner adr, but a private party. Sound right?

I've run into this locally when booking a large group, they don't want to block several tables for folks to share appetizers, etc..

When I went to the swolphin site it indicated for private parties. So it would appear you have not booked a dinner adr, but a private party. Sound right?
I was directed to kimonos directly from Disney dining. The employee at kimonos never mentioned anything about it being a private party. I cancelled my reservation and took my money elsewhere. I have 5 kids in my party that don't eat that much The beauty of Disney is the variety of places to chose from. Thanks for your sleuthing.

The sushi is amazing at kimonos. Have you been there? It is more of a bar/lounge than a restaurant to me.

>:(Tried to make a reservation for Kimonos at the Swan Hotel for my group of 14. They told me I must spend over $700 before tax and tip if I want to eat there. Since when does a restaurant tell you how much you must spend to eat there? Anybody ever experience this?

Kimonos does not take reservations unless you can guarantee a party of 12 or more. The minimum to guarantee a reservation for a group like this is $50/pp. Frankly, that's nothing at a sushi restaurant and Kimonos is definitely worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!