Kind of embarrassing question

snowwite

DIS Veteran
Is there a product that would allow a person with urinary incontinence to swim at the resort?

Is there a product that would allow a person with urinary incontinence to swim at the resort?
Target and Amazon sell adult swim diapers. If children can wear them in the pool, adults should be able to as well...

If you google "adult swim diapers" some disposable and reusable options turn up.

Just to note... swim "diapers" are primarily designed to contain solids, pee will generally pass through. I suppose it may be something you'd want if you plan to spend any amount of time pool-side, in-and-out of the water.

If looking for protection under a bathing suit for while traversing to/from the pool/room and while sitting around the pool deck, have you considered reusable bladder leak underwear under the bathing suit? It might be more comfortable than disposable. I want to say they have swimwear as well. I'm not sure if it's Thinx.com or Knix.com No experience with the swimwear but DD uses the undies.

If looking for protection under a bathing suit for while traversing to/from the pool/room and while sitting around the pool deck, have you considered reusable bladder leak underwear under the bathing suit? It might be more comfortable than disposable. I want to say they have swimwear as well. I'm not sure if it's Thinx.com or Knix.com No experience with the swimwear but DD uses the undies.
Thanks I actually found those but was hoping to hear if anyone had a tried and true product.

Thanks I actually found those but was hoping to hear if anyone had a tried and true product.

Like our @lanejudy said, any product that will help with urinary incontinence is going to allow some (or all) of the urine to "wash" out in the pool, regardless of if it's reusable or disposable.

There is a company call Lil Helper that sells washable/reusable pads that work for everyone. They started off selling diapers, then menstrual products, and then someone used the menstrual pads for incontinence, and here we are. I have personally used their products and find them to be very well made, and easy to care for. Simply follow their directions for care.

Like our @lanejudy said, any product that will help with urinary incontinence is going to allow some (or all) of the urine to "wash" out in the pool, regardless of if it's reusable or disposable.

There is a company call Lil Helper that sells washable/reusable pads that work for everyone. They started off selling diapers, then menstrual products, and then someone used the menstrual pads for incontinence, and here we are. I have personally used their products and find them to be very well made, and easy to care for. Simply follow their directions for care.
Thank you so much.

Pools are chlorinated. Public pools are generally over chlorinated. Urination in pools isn't a rare occurrence. An accident isn't the end of the world. My comment might be different if an accident was very likely.

I have a family member that uses knix swimwear for menses control during water activities. Can confirm they work well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter