Knott's Berry Farm - quick report

Delilah1310

DIS Veteran
Hi all. We just got back and spent a day at Knott's - thought I would share some observations and notes.

It is pretty close to the DLR area – maybe a 15-minute drive. I did have to have circle back around the park once as I was in the wrong lane for the parking, but that was user error. HA! We got there around 9:30 on a 10 am opening day – the first Thursday in August. We had already bought tickets online ahead of time, which I also recommend as the lines at the ticket booths were pretty long and I believe there is a discount for pre-purchasing.

They held us for a bit at Ghost Town, and the crowd seemed to get really antsy. When they let us in, people ran like crazy. We headed to the Ghost Rider coaster (the big wooden one) and when we got up to the loading platform, there is no one there to tell you which row to get in. So people just make their own lines. Obviously there were a lot of people in line for the front row, so that caused some confusion as they were all bunched there. And it was a little tricky if you were trying to stay even with the rest of your party in another row. But we managed. This was a great ride – fast and it was a good length.

We did NOT buy the Fast Lane pass option as it was about $100 each, but I don’t think we needed it. We didn’t wait more than 15 or 20 minutes for anything. We did some doubling back but that was because we were indecisive and also because the map was difficult to read – it was hard to tell on paper where the rides loaded.

We rode Ghost Rider, Pony Express, Bigfoot Rapids, Log Ride, Voyage of the Iron Reef, bumper cars, Montezuma’s Revenge and played some arcade games. We could have done more, but we were pretty exhausted (third day of overall trip and long, late night the night before). We left around 1 or so. The kiddie area – camp snoopy – was very cute. If you have little ones (like pre-school and maybe kindergarten age) you will spend some time there, for sure. Very shady in that area as well, it seemed. Xcelerator was down that day, so we never went back to the boardwalk corner of the park. And Silver Bullet is the dangling feet ride, which my kiddo was not ready to try.

Overall, we had mixed feelings about Knott’s. It was a cute park – if you have a Six Flags type park near you, I could describe this as a little more themed than those kinds of parks. Not Disney-level, but it was cute. Ghost Town especially had some fun with characters who lined the street. We wanted to go back before we left and play around a little more, but the pool was more compelling. But it was super hot out there – might have just been the temps that day, but for some reason it was just draining. Seems like you could probably get just about everything done here in about 5 hours or so.

Hope this helps someone. Please let me know if you have any specific questions and I will be happy to try and answer!

Thanks for your report. I know it was a while ago...but do you recall what happens if you have an odd number of riders? Just wondering if the odd person out would be riding next to a stranger, or next to an empty seat.

Thanks for your report. I know it was a while ago...but do you recall what happens if you have an odd number of riders? Just wondering if the odd person out would be riding next to a stranger, or next to an empty seat.

Knott does a rally bad job of managing riders in their coasters. It’s a real free for all. If you have an odd number and someone scoots in with you then, yes you would ride with someone. Otherwise, you would ride alone. I know that’s not very helpful but it really is a free for all. That being said, if you go Mid week during the off season, you will literally walk on every ride. We rode ghost rider four times in a row without even getting offf the train because there was no one in line. This was in early October on a random Wednesday .

Thanks for the info! We actually went today. DS (almost 10), and my 2 nephews (12 & 14) reported that they always had an empty seat next to them on the coasters. They had fun, but I personally...ugh, just don't like it there! I'm a Disney gal, what can I say? But I can see how the kids would enjoy it.

Thanks for getting back to me!

They don't do line management there at all unless it's super busy. We last went 12/11 and it was also empty, no wait more than 5 minutes all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!