Knott's Berry Farm...when is the Fast Lane worth it?

bc7ate9

DIS Veteran
We are planning our first-time visit to Knott's Berry Farm on Monday, April 10. We will be there from open till about 6 pm. The crowd calendar I found online says "Yep, it will be packed" that day. Would it be worthwhile to purchase the Fast Lane pass? It's my husband and I and my 14 year old cousin (who will definitely want to ride all the big rides).

Any other tips for first timers with 8 hours to spend in the park?

The fast lane worked really well for most rides for us. However, they are not all that great with line management. The fast lane for Silver Bullet was awful. You do bypass most of the line, but when we were there, it was one horrendous mess on the loading platform. There was no one directing traffic. If the park is going to be busy, you'll get your money's worth.

The fast lane worked really well for most rides for us. However, they are not all that great with line management. The fast lane for Silver Bullet was awful. You do bypass most of the line, but when we were there, it was one horrendous mess on the loading platform. There was no one directing traffic. If the park is going to be busy, you'll get your money's worth.
Thank you! We are going the Monday before Easter so I'm guessing there will be lots of people...

We didn't get our fast pass until a few hours into the day. So maybe you can start out without one and then decide if you want one later.

If the Boysenberry Festival is on then you should get Fast Lane. When the park is really packed (and it really will be while the BF is on) you still can't get on all the rides, even with Fast Lane. That's because unlike Fastpass in Disneyland, there is no-one loading any of the rides, it's just a free for all. We still waited for half to three quarters of an hour for several rides even with Fast Lane while BF was on. The next time we came we got FL but didn't really need it because the park wasn't packed. Still saved us time tho.

If the Boysenberry Festival is on then you should get Fast Lane. When the park is really packed (and it really will be while the BF is on) you still can't get on all the rides, even with Fast Lane. That's because unlike Fastpass in Disneyland, there is no-one loading any of the rides, it's just a free for all. We still waited for half to three quarters of an hour for several rides even with Fast Lane while BF was on. The next time we came we got FL but didn't really need it because the park wasn't packed. Still saved us time tho.
Wow. That sounds really dangerous...

We went to Knott's the Sunday after Thanksgiving last year. Like you, we only spent the one day. While it was "Yup, it's packed" on the crowd calendar, it had rained heavily the nighy before and continued to lightly sprinkle until late that morning. This made for extremely low crows for us (woo hoo!). Our longest wait was Ghost Rider at 5 mins. Like a PP said, maybe you can start the day and add the pass after you see what the crowd situation will be? I will say I was blown away by the lack of loading instructions from staff. It was basically a free for all on all the big rides.

There was not a whole lot of people the first few hours of opening. I would try to get as many big rides in a possible during that time. I had my boys look online before we went to see what rides they would be interested in. After we left the park, we shopped the Marketplace shops. We got lots of yummy treats for later that night. We loved our first visit to Knott's, our family has decided it is now a must when we visit Disneyland. Have a great time!

I am planning on visiting next spring - likely in April so the Boysenberry Festival will be on. Was the BF crazy on weekdays as well? Thanks!

I am planning on visiting next spring - likely in April so the Boysenberry Festival will be on. Was the BF crazy on weekdays as well? Thanks!
It wasn't crazy during the day on the Monday we were there. The food booths mostly didn't really have lines. We left by 5 pm, though, so maybe it got busier in the evening.

We were there on a weekday and it was crazy packed. It was Spring Break time though as well as boysenberry festival time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter