Knott's CA March 7 / 8 Event and crowds

xenon2000

Mouseketeer
I am trying to plan a last minute trip to Knott's and I like staying at the Knott's Hotel with the breakfast package.

Seems everyday between now and March 15th are completely available, EXCEPT Friday/Saturday the 7th and 8th. Where literally the whole hotel is booked for every room for any party size of 1+. I called them and they said there is a "Hotel Event" for those 2 days. I should have asked what that meant and if it affects the crowds at the park or just the Hotel.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any information about this?

Which means I may choose Saturday the 15th instead as the Hotel is available that weekend. BUT, that weekend appears to lead into many Spring Break times. Yet I am thinking that Saturday the 8th and the 15th may be similar for crowds either way at this point. Any comments about that either?

I called the hotel back today as I noticed a few rooms opened up. The person I spoke with mentioned there are a lot of conventions and one large group coming in this week. And not only will the hotel and Amber Waves be extremely busy this Friday, Sat, Sun (7, 8, 9th); he is also expecting the theme park to be much busier than usual. Of course until a lot of Spring Breaks start.

So I think I am going to avoid the 7,8,9th if I can. Anyone know what conventions are going on in Orange County this March?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter