Knotts to Disneyland

So we have these travel passes we've never used that are good for two nights in selected cities. I finally turned one in months ago for Anaheim in hopes we could use it while we have our AP, and they called me today to book. I just got the email and they booked us for the Knott's Berry Farm hotel. LOL! That's barely even in Anaheim. So it looks like about a 15 minute drive. Is it best to take the freeway? Should we park in Mickey? We'll be going for rope drop.

Any input on Knott's Berry Farm? We've never been to the park. I do see that we could buy tickets for less than $50 a person. So the money we saved on our hotel room could get us a day at the park if we wanted. We're going to DL for my son's birthday, but we could go to Knott's the second day instead of DL. We have had AP since May and visited several times this year, and are going for a whole week in June, so it wouldn't be a big deal to only go to DL the one day.
Actually, that would be in Buena Park, not Anaheim. Knotts has been all about the trill rides for quite some time until just recently, now they are adding more shows, which is nice to see. So it really depends on your preferences.

• Check out the Mystery Lodge attraction at Knott's - very cool, not scary (IMO), and you'll be wondering "how'd they do that?".
  • Camp Snoopy for the kids is great. I personally love the background music, piano-based stuff from the Peanut's specials.
  • Be sure to visit Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant.
  • And Porto's Bakery, on Beach Blvd north from Knott's. Their Burbank location ranked #1 in the US for 2016, on Yelp. Usually crowded but the lines move quickly

We like Knotts Berry Farm hotel. that is where we stay when we visit the Disneyland resort area. it was fun to be basically right in the park, you can hear the people on the roller coasters from your room. Snoopy does character greeting in the hotel too.

Knotts has a snoopy/peanuts theamed kids area that is really cute. the kids will like that. they have alot of roller coasters, but some are more family oriented, so your 7.5 yr old might want to ride it with a parent, the pony express is one of the tamer coasters.

the also have family rides a log ride, a stagecoach, a train.

its a really neat looking park because there are roller coasters everywhere around you.
have fun
Check online for Deals on tickets, its usually cheaper to purchase online in advance. but if you are staying onsite, call and ask if they give you a discount/deal.

If Knott’s Berry Farm is replacing a day at Disneyland, it’s not worth it.
LOL. We have had 13 month APs since Memorial weekend last year. They would get 1 day at DL and 1 day at Knotts during that trip, but they also get to go to DL for 6 days in June and visited several times over the last year.

We like Knotts Berry Farm hotel. that is where we stay when we visit the Disneyland resort area. it was fun to be basically right in the park, you can hear the people on the roller coasters from your room. Snoopy does character greeting in the hotel too.

Knotts has a snoopy/peanuts theamed kids area that is really cute. the kids will like that. they have alot of roller coasters, but some are more family oriented, so your 7.5 yr old might want to ride it with a parent, the pony express is one of the tamer coasters.

the also have family rides a log ride, a stagecoach, a train.

its a really neat looking park because there are roller coasters everywhere around you.
have fun
Check online for Deals on tickets, its usually cheaper to purchase online in advance. but if you are staying onsite, call and ask if they give you a discount/deal.
Thanks for your thoughts. How do you usually get to DL from the hotel? We usually stay closer.

We love Knott's and it's the perfect park for one day to mix it up after a year of DL visits. It is very different from DL and there are a lot less employees and you will have to do more line management for yourselves on light days, but we really appreciate the differences and have a great time. The last two times we went it was not busy at all and we never waited more than 20 minutes (for Pony Express, my boys' favorite). We love the theming and historical value of Ghost Town, and the boysenberry snacks, and mostly the lack of crowds compared to DL lately. For food, last time my husband got the all-day dining plan ($32) and then got a meal every 1.5 hours to try all the different foods, and the whole family ate that way. Kind of crazy, kind of like tasting at the food & wine festival, but worked because there were no lines anywhere!

Thank you everyone for your input. I talked to my husband and I think we're going to go to Knotts one day on that short trip. Probably the Thursday, our son's birthday, so we can still access our room. Hours are short, but hopefully crowds will be low.

Does anyone know how rider switching works at Knotts? I'm sure both my husband and I will want to ride Ghost Rider with our oldest.

We've done rider switch at Knott's on big coasters and it's really laid back. We just went through the lines together, one of us went through the boarding area with our younger son, told the attendant, and waited at the exit, while one rode with the older. Then switch and other parent was allowed to ride (with older son going again if he wanted). No passes or special waiting areas or anything like at DL or Universal.

Knotts has those drink cups that you can refill all day for free after purchasing the cup which is a pretty good deal if you like soft drinks cost is around $11. We also like Knotts and this is not that far from DL. I have stayed in Buena park and drove to DL a few times. Restaurants that you should try in the area are Porto's like the other OP suggested. I believe there is a Farrell's there as well which I have heard good things about and we loved the Pirates Dinner Adventure show it was really fun for our family. I think they have specials on this as well on like Groupon etc.

We love Knotts! We went 2 years ago and chose to stay near Disney. We took the Metro bus -460 I believe. Picked up riuon the corner and dropped off right at DLR. I used Google maps to follow the bus. Super cheap and ran often!
We also went to the Medieval Times show a block or two walk from Knotts and there’s a Pirates show nearby too. Search Beuna Park for their tourist website.

We love Knotts!! For those that don't like it because it's not Disney...thats exactly why we do!! It's a totally different type of park experience. Old fashioned and a lot of fun. Sometimes it's the simple things we look for and Knotts is it! Chicken and boysenberry pie is excellent.

We often stay at the Radisson Suites across from Knotts. They have a shuttle bus to DLR but we usually drove the 91/5 to Mickey or to Toy Story.

We also went to the Medieval Times show a block or two walk from Knotts and there’s a Pirates show nearby too. Search Buena Park for their tourist website.
There is now a great bakery - Porto's - between Medieval Times and the Pirates show. Always a line, often a line out the door. You'll have a hard time picking just one item.

We enjoyed our day. I would like to go back in another year or two. It was nice to not feel crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!