Kobe Bryant --TMZ Reports He Died In Helicopter Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was pointing out that, by saying Glendale is "35 miles east," it implied that it was far enough inland to not be subject to poor visibility. When you are talking about coastal fog/clouds, 35 miles seems far enough away, but Glendale is not nearly that far away from the coast.

I never said that or was even thinking about where it was from the coast or what the fog would be like from the coast. I'm not a meterologist. I was talking about flying, following along the freeways, which is what fly girl was talking about.

Last edited:
I never said that or was even thinking about where it was from the coast or what the fog would be like from the coast. I'm not a meterologist. I was talking about flying, following along the freeways, which is what fly girl was talking about.

She said he was circling and may have gotten disoriented by the fog and you said "he was near Glendale, not Calabasas when he was circling." Which, to me, implied that you didn't think he could have been disoriented by fog in Glendale. But maybe I misunderstood why you made that distinction.

Sorry, sounds like I caused all sorts of trouble. 😬

I thought I had read he was waiting and circling around Calabasas, I was wrong. That was Glendale. My initial thought was he became disoriented while waiting for ATC. Oops.

Looks like he was given clearance to fly VFR, and follow the 101. From the ATC recordings I had heard he had no trouble there. But something happened later when he talked to ATC and they said they couldn't read him because he was too low. That was toward the end of the flight.

I read this article and it gives a great possibility of what could have occurred. It puts it into detail a lot better than I can explain, but this is the disorientation I was thinking about.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...copter-likely-succumbed-to-common-danger.html

I am not a basketball fan. I have never watched a game in my life. I have no idea why I’m taking his death so hard. Maybe it’s because he was so young? Because he really was the GOAT? Maybe because his daughter was with him? He died just being a dad. I can only imagine, right before they crashed, Kobe holding on to his daughter saying “daddy has you and I’m not gonna let anything hurt you.” He just struck me as a person that would keep calm, even if he knew what was about to happen. As a parent, the strength it took...I just...idk. I’m just having a hard time with it, and since this is the only form of social media I use, I thought I’d post my thoughts here.

I hope his wife, Gianna’s mother, finds strength and peace 💔

I am not a basketball fan. I have never watched a game in my life. I have no idea why I’m taking his death so hard. Maybe it’s because he was so young? Because he really was the GOAT? Maybe because his daughter was with him? He died just being a dad. I can only imagine, right before they crashed, Kobe holding on to his daughter saying “daddy has you and I’m not gonna let anything hurt you.” He just struck me as a person that would keep calm, even if he knew what was about to happen. As a parent, the strength it took...I just...idk. I’m just having a hard time with it, and since this is the only form of social media I use, I thought I’d post my thoughts here.

My hope is this all happened in a matter of seconds. No time for fear or terror.

Beautifully written.

My hope is this all happened in a matter of seconds. No time for fear or terror.

That’s my hope too. Or they were all somehow unconscious before the crash and never saw or felt anything. But, I have a vivid imagination. I’m also way more emotional thanks to my period right now. So there’s that. In any case, I doubt we’ll ever actually know the full story. I just hope that they are at peace

I’m not a basketball fan at all either, but obviously I’ve heard of Kobe. He was clearly loved and admired by many worldwide, and this accident is a terrible tragedy. I get that he was a superstar athlete so this is about him. People had a connection to him and are reacting with emotions over his sudden death.

That said, I think it’s important to remember that besides him and his daughter, seven other people died in the crash, including other children. Their lives were just as valuable and their families and friends are grieving just as much for their loss. I hope they do not become just a footnote to the Kobe Bryant story, overshadowed by his fame (like Ron Goldman in the OJ Simpson case). I feel sad for all the victims and respectfully wish peace and comfort to their families. May they RIP.

I’m not a basketball fan at all either, but obviously I’ve heard of Kobe. He was clearly loved and admired by many worldwide, and this accident is a terrible tragedy. I get that he was a superstar athlete so this is about him. People had a connection to him and are reacting with emotions over his sudden death.

That said, I think it’s important to remember that besides him and his daughter, seven other people died in the crash, including other children. Their lives were just as valuable and their families and friends are grieving just as much for their loss. I hope they do not become just a footnote to the Kobe Bryant story, overshadowed by his fame (like Ron Goldman in the OJ Simpson case). I feel sad for all the victims and respectfully wish peace and comfort to their families. May they RIP.

Excellent point. I should have mentioned them as well. It was a terrible tragedy and many families are suffering. I’m heartbroken for all involved

Sorry, sounds like I caused all sorts of trouble. 😬

Yes, it's all your fault. :lmao:Just kidding. :teeth: I think we are all trying to make sense of all this. Yesterday we heard different stories and possibilities of what happened. So we were focused on different details according to what different sources said.

Excellent point. I should have mentioned them as well. It was a terrible tragedy and many families are suffering. I’m heartbroken for all involved
This crash wouldn't a been a blip on the radar for most if Kobe Bryant wasn't involved. He is a household name and puts a familiar face on this tragedy. It doesn't mean most don't feel for everyone affected by this horrible accident

Not a fan of basket ball, but just heard the news today. My heart and prayers go out to his wife and the passing of their daughter as well.. Prayers to everyone else on board. He will be missed

They are all as important, and all the families are suffering.

While I am sorry for the other deaths. I don’t get the adulation for this accused rapist who sodomized that woman in Colorado and got away with criminal charges. He then paid her off in the civil suit to silence her.

in the era of MeToo, his actions were deplorable and the adulation for this man make me sick. To think he ever fathered children and daughters no less after what he got away with sickens me.

Good riddance. No matter how many things he did, he was and always will be a rapist whether charged or convicted or not!

Well whatever he may have or may not have done, his death left 3 small children fatherless. And a wife alone to cope with losing the father of her kids AND her daughter. That is sad...period. The man is dead and cannot defend himself. Let it go and just be sad for the awful terrible situation.

While I am sorry for the other deaths. I don’t get the adulation for this accused rapist who sodomized that woman in Colorado and got away with criminal charges. He then paid her off in the civil suit to silence her.

in the era of MeToo, his actions were deplorable and the adulation for this man make me sick. To think he ever fathered children and daughters no less after what he got away with sickens me.

Good riddance. No matter how many things he did, he was and always will be a rapist whether charged or convicted or not!

Yeah, I was shocked but not sad when I saw he'd died. My heart sank when they confirmed his daughter was with him, though.

I won't go so far as to say good riddance, but all of this hero worship of him is disturbing. He was a very flawed man and almost assuredly raped that girl and then let his attorneys slut shame her into silence. It's sick. The daily beast has a very through account of the event that I urge everyone to read. I hope Kobe changed his ways and, by all account, was a very loving father...but he was a vile person in the early 2000's.

I feel so bad for his wife and children. It seems like he was a good dad and involved with his children's lives. It's a very sad situation for his family and for all of the other families who lost loved ones as well. On Jimmy Kimmel Live, he devoted a whole show in remembrance of Kobe Bryant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter