Kohl's luggage

blackpearl77

DIS Veteran
I'm looking to get some hard side luggage from kohl's - 50% off sale going on right now on luggage with 30% off coupon with kohl's card. Wondered if anyone has bought a hard side from kohl's and what brand did you buy? I was looking at the samsonite and american tourister brands. Is the luggage at kohl's not real - just made for kohl's or is it authentic? I looked up the kohl's samsonite and american tourister ones on samsonite/AT website and they weren't found on there. Just wondered if anyone has them and how they held up? Any cracking? I've always had soft luggage but wanted to try hard side. Thanks!

I've just finished shopping for some hardside luggage and I found Kohl's to be priced high, even with 50% off (always is) and my 30% off. I did better at Marshall's/Homegoods and was able to get Samsonite there also. I just found Kohl's price to be inflated over the other "discounters" which is basically what Kohl's is selling versus new season stuff.

One thing Kohl's is known for is marking things up before they offer their discounts. I have found new price stags placed over original tags that were far less.

I bought some samsonite hard luggage from them last Black Friday. We’ve used them three times this past year (flying, so they’re handled rough) and they’re still like new. I noticed this Black Friday they’re offering another pretty good sale with a mail in rebate as well. I think the sale we hit was any size, $30 after rebate.

We bought hard sided Samsonite luggage from Kohl's last year. Sometimes brand names will make lower priced products to sell specifically at stores like Kohl's, and Samsonite is one of those. Ugg and Michael Kors do this. Lots of brands do.

We found the quality to be very good and its held up well in the 4-5 times we've used it while flying over the last year. We have a Samsonite outlet store near us and one of the styles was also available there, so they are legit. I can't speak to whether the quality compares to an expensive one you'd buy from Samsonite.com, but I have to assume they're made in the same place with similar materials. And for the price, if we get a good few years out of them, I'm happy.

One thing I will recommend is buying them in person in the store. I ordered online and one of them had a huge dent in the side of it when we opened it. No idea how it happened. We took it back to the store, but it was an online only item so I had to get on their courtesy phone to speak to customer service. They were going to refund me at the store and then ship me a new one, but they were out of stock. They weren't offering me anything on the phone other than a refund (not even a raincheck), so after standing my ground with the manager in the store, they finally let me even exchange it for a different one that was the same price. It was pretty frustrating, so I've learned to just go to the store for purchases like this!

I think the luggage from Kohl's is perfectly good quality, but I agree with the poster above that you should check out TJ Maxx too because their luggage prices are really great. We've bought our last several pieces from TJ Maxx.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter