Kona Cafe Question

You get everything that is included in the description of the entree. If there are items listed in a separate section of the menu, often called Sides or Accompaniments which include a price point, you would have to pay OOP if you order any of these.

Thanks!! You used to get a side like potatoes with your steak but I haven't been there in a while. I'm not a fan of the interesting looking greens it comes with so I might try for a different ADR. THANKS again!

If you don't care for the side that is listed with your entree, many restaurants will let you substitute a side that is listed with another entree.

Thank you all for your answers! We dropped it and found a different ADR to try out!

Thank you all for your answers! We dropped it and found a different ADR to try out!
Dropped it, oh no. Kona is one of our favourites and in our experience the most accommodating place at WDW. In the past we have substituted sides and even ordered the Bread Pudding from Tambu Lounge (the 'Ohana stuff). :)

We have loved Kona in the past as well but the new menu just didn't work for us this time. We may be back but not this trip.

We used to love Kona Cafe but when we went last August we didn’t enjoy it. Food ok but atmosphere terrible. It didn’t help that we had a man sat near us with no shoes on, his dirty feet on the seat and eating with his hands. I do think shoes should be obligatory. Shame really as we used to enjoy it.

I must say in all the years we have been visiting Walt Disney world this was a first for us.

Billy1- I used to love Kona Cafe too, but the last two times this year, dinner in January and breakfast in September, the food experience was not that great. Bummer.

@BridgetR3, where did you end up booking instead? :)

@elsbit we did something totally different and chose to have breakfast that day instead of dinner so we switched it to Whispering Canyon. Our trip is coming up VERY soon and options were super limited. I did not notice the menu change when we originally booked these at 180+ days out or else I would have chosen something else. I just happened to stumble upon a review of it last week and noticed that it had really changed since our last visit there last year. It sounds like we made a good choice to move it at least for now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter