L & M Car Rental

walter

DIS Veteran
This probably has been asked numerous times, that being said, has anyone recently rented a car through L&M and would be willing to offer their experience. I just checked their rates for Jan-Feb 2004 and they are much better than their competitors. Thanks!

To save you the clicking and searching and waiting I have copied this from another post.

"A big problem with L&M is that occasionally they refuse to honor your reservation. Not my experience, i have never used them, but The Dis boards have lots of accounts of this."

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

L&M also often try to give you a intermediate car when you rented a "full" size car (switch and bait). They, L&M, consider a full size car that most other car rental agencies in MCO consider an intermediate size car. I recommend renting a car anywhere else onsite at MCO.

Walter don't forget to read my thread as there are some people that haven't had any bad experiences...I feel if you are prepared with L&M you don't get as much run around...make sure you have the Declaration page of your insurance not the card....

Also, I have read many posted that other companys don't have true Full sizes any more much to the shock of the renter....I rented from National in Dec 2002 and the Full size we got would never be a Full Size car in my definintion....They swore up and down it was though....

I've rented twice from L&M and will do so again this week. I'm almost glad that some people won't use them, the lines stay short that way. I have never had a problem with them but I go prepared.

Used L&M last summer for a minivan. Saved a lot on two weeks. They were very fast getting out of the terminal and we had no problems.
Bob

We have not used L & M, so I cannot speak about them personally. But if you decide not to use them and still want the same rate, I recommend that you try Priceline. You can specify an MCO rental agency. We use L & M as a price basis and bid below that, and so far we've gotten what we wanted four out of four times (twice we ended up with Avis and twice Alamo).
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We reserved two vans (4 adults 6 kids) from L&M last Spring (about 10 days before Easter) They did not have them available when we got there and offered us 4 compact cars instead. They didn't apologize or try to make alternate arrangements like getting us to our hotel and having us pick up the vans the next day when they were available. This certainly would have been acceptable to us. It was apparent that they didn't have any agreements with any of the other on-site providers either. They never answered my follow-up emails or the letter that I mailed to them. To me, this experience was the ultimate in poor customer service.
Some people might have luck with them but I could never trust them during a holiday season or for a late evening pick-up.
If you decide to rent with them, make a back up car reservation if possible. (one that can be cancelled without penalty)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter