• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

L&M rental reviews

juliette

Crazy for DISNEY
I am so confused what should I do. I have read from mosuesavers that it not a good company. But I really want to hear from you guys who have dealt with them on your vacations.

I rented from them twice last year. Great service, nice car, no problems. Bring proof of insurance if it's your first time renting from them. I would not hesitate to rent from them again.

We rented from them twice last year and have a ressie for February. Both times we had brand new cars (van and fullize) at the price quoted with no hassle. We did bring proof of insurance, if you don't they will charge you the mandatory insurance charge.

So far so good!
TJ

had no problems with either rental. Lst trip I had a ressie through them and the car didn't fit the family needed full-size they had no problem with me not using my ressie.

I would recommend them to anyone.

:cool:

I can only relate to you the bad experience we had last year. We had reserved two minivans for 10 people last Spring and when we got there they only had compact cars left. They said that customers had kept them out longer than they were supposed to. They had a take it or leave it attitude. We left it, walked over to Avis and got what we needed. And, much to Avis' credit, they didn't gouge us at all. We were travelling with 4 adults, one teenager, two 12 year olds, a 7 year old and two 5 year olds along with two car seats and at least a thousand bags:D
In addition, part of our 10 day trip included 7 days at Vero. There was just no way we could've made the trip in 4 compact cars. (their solution)

I could have forgiven them if they had tried to accomodate us somehow........like making an arrangement to switch the cars the next day or shuttling us to our hotel that night. I don't think they had any reciprocal agreements with the other car agencies either. When we got home, I tried several times to email them and also sent a letter but never heard a word back.

Even though it was such a bad start to our vacation, and we thought we were in the middle of a Seinfeld episode, it worked out despite L&M. Now, we can laugh about it but at the time........no one was laughing.

My advice would be run..........don't walk.......... away from the deal that looks too good to be true. But, if you want to chance it, make alternate reservations. You can always cancel them if you get what you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter