La Hacienda New Year's Eve Dining Event

LadyNia

Mouseketeer
This is a review of the New Year's Eve Dining Event at La Hacienda de San Angel at the Mexico Pavilion in Epcot. My husband and I just attended this event 12/31/17-1/1/18. There weren't any reviews of this event when I booked it and hope that by sharing my experience others can decide whether it's right for them.
We arrived at the restaurant around 8:45 although it officially began at 9:30. We were hoping to get a seat by the windows for the fireworks. However, we later found out that seating is pre-assigned. We were allowed in the restaurant and seated around 9:15. As we walked in a mariachi band was playing. They played throughout the evening and took requests. They were amazing and created a very festive atmosphere! The tables had New Year's Hats and beads. We were excited about these because we had missed the hat and noise maker distribution earlier in the day.
We had a table towards the back of the restaurant, but had a decent view of the fireworks. Our booth was slightly raised and faced the windows.
The menu was displayed at our table which was nice. We did not have the menu during booking of the meal.

upload_2018-1-3_17-9-22.png

Our waitress introduced herself and handed us our welcome margaritas. By the way, our waitress was absolutely lovely the entire evening.
upload_2018-1-3_17-11-18.png

The margaritas were so good! My husband doesn't drink so I had both his and mine.

upload_2018-1-3_17-12-33.png
The sea bass ceviche was the first course served. We each received a serving. It was served cold and was tasty. At this point in the meal my husband was worried that every course would be this small and that he would go hungry.

upload_2018-1-3_17-14-43.png

The next course was the duck tamal. The sauce was amazing! This was a really great dish that we both enjoyed. My husband wished we could have had seconds. Neither of us had ever eating tamales, but now we think we've been missing out.

upload_2018-1-3_17-17-12.png

Then came the calamari. This dish was to share, but as you can see there was plenty to share. I really enjoyed the sauce the calamari was served with. My husband did not eat this dish. A shot of tequila for each of us was also served with this dish.

upload_2018-1-3_17-19-34.png

The main course was beef and lobster served over mashed yucca. It came with chorizo and Brussel sprouts. This was all so very good! The lobster was definitely spicy. I usually don't eat spicy foods, but the spiciness of this dish was really balanced. I was served a glass of white wine with this meal.

upload_2018-1-3_17-23-33.png

The chocolate tart was probably the best part of the whole meal. Also, I didn't get a picture before biting into it. The tart was round when it was served. The filling in this tart was light and fluffy and not too chocolatey. It was absolutely perfect! I then proceeded to google Chocolate Abuelita Tart in the hopes of finding a recipe for a dessert similar to this.
The dessert was also served with a shot of espresso liquor.

Once the meal was over we were given noisemakers and champagne to ring in the new year. Below is the view we had of the fireworks from the table. I told my husband that this view was better than the view we had for Illuminations earlier in the evening.

upload_2018-1-3_17-28-58.png

Overall, we had a really nice time at this meal. We were able to go to the various New Year's Parties at Epcot beforehand and we were able to have a nice meal and sit for a few hours before the fireworks. The staff was really nice, the food was good, and the view was decent. The restaurant manager even went around before the fireworks and made sure that everyone had a view for the show.

Thanks for writing your review! I had considered booking this but there were just too many unknowns to take the chance - maybe next year!

wow, thanks for this review! I wasn't even aware they had these things but it is a bucket list item for me to go to WDW 12/31-1/1 at some point. Thanks again! Do you remember the price by any chance?

Thank you for this review. I'm going to Disney for New Year's this year and not sure yet what I'll be doing for the night. This looks great. Did they happen to say the assigned seating was the order it was booked? I wonder how people got the up front window seats.

wow, thanks for this review! I wasn't even aware they had these things but it is a bucket list item for me to go to WDW 12/31-1/1 at some point. Thanks again! Do you remember the price by any chance?
It was $280 per adult including tax and gratuity. There was a children's price but I don't know what it was.

Thank you for this review. I'm going to Disney for New Year's this year and not sure yet what I'll be doing for the night. This looks great. Did they happen to say the assigned seating was the order it was booked? I wonder how people got the up front window seats.
I don't know if seating was assigned based on order in which it was booked. I booked the event in late August but I think reservations were being taken from July onwards.

Thanks so much for your review. It looks amazing! We ate there early (~5pm - I think they did one seating with the regular menu) and saw them setting up. That’s expensive but the crowds were so intense I think worth it to have a nice comfy place to sit for 3 hours- even without food & drink, which all looks delicious! Will definitely keep in mind for next time. Thanks again for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter