Ladies, please share your bags

I alternate between bringing my Dooney shoulder bag and my backpack. I don't love either option after a full day in the parks. I was thinking about maybe a cloth, cross body bag just so the strap is cloth. Please share pics of the bag you bring or the style you prefer. Also, if your willing, please share your Must haves. Thank you in advance for the cata mining because hubby is being ZERO help in helping me decide what to get.

I alternate between bringing my Dooney shoulder bag and my backpack. I don't love either option after a full day in the parks. I was thinking about maybe a cloth, cross body bag just so the strap is cloth. Please share pics of the bag you bring or the style you prefer. Also, if your willing, please share your Must haves. Thank you in advance for the cata mining because hubby is being ZERO help in helping me decide what to get.
Don't have a pic, but I typically carry a Disney cloth shoulder bag that has a cloth strap. Both roomy & comfy. I make a very conscious effort to not put much in it. Just my wallet, phone, a hairbursh & our ponchos, basically. Sometimes instead I just bring my tiny purse with leather shoulder strap, & carry a collapsible UV umbrella instead of ponchos.

My rule is: the lighter, the better. I do not pack water bottles or snacks. The few dollars saved is just not worth the hassle of lugging them around the parks all day.

Last edited:
For the parks I really love the Lesportsac hobo bag. Its lightweight and it has a nice cloth wide strap to wear comfortably cross body. It can be shortened to wear over the shoulder too.
I have two Disney print ones, IASW Share your Dreams and Minnie and Mickey Vacation Paradise.

ls-7520-p938_6.jpg

I recently invested in a Lo&Sons DSLR camera bag. By far the most stylish camera bag I've ever seen, and I found it to be super functional on my trip this weekend. I was able to carry all of my essentials, plus keep my camera and an extra lens secure and protected.

If you're not into the camera thing - I'm loyal to the Vera Bradley hipster. I'm amazed at the amount of stuff I can jam into that bad boy. I could fit my poncho, DSLR camera + extra lens in there blus keys, small wallet and chapstick. Although I don't recommend doing that - definitely doable.

I go bagless if at all possible. I only take my phone, cc and a small amount of cash, photo ID, MB on wrist or waist, glasses around my neck, sunglasses on my head and a cap. I get free water at the parks and rarely snack between meals so food is not an issue. In the spring months I wear capri pants with pockets that will hold the above. In summer I wear sundresses and have found a number of them with pockets this year. I carry an umbrella if it's just going to be a regular rain, I have a long clear plastic rain coat similar to the ones the CMs wear that I take if it's going to be an all day gully washer. It has pockets and after I've worn it through security, I can just fold it down really small and put in a pouch that I stuff in my pocket and will hang off a belt loop.

I never carry any bag into a park. I don't want to be slowed down at bag inspections. I also don't find there to be a need for a purse on vacation, especially in the parks. For a few must haves... my phone, my Burts lip balm... I use my husbands cargo shorts, lol!! :flower1:

My last two trips I've gone bagless with only a vera bradley lanyard and ID pouch. It holds my AP card, credit card, ID, a little cash, chapstick, and hair ties. My phone goes in a pocket or I just carry it in my hand (or toss it into a Disney bag if I buy something).

It makes getting into the parks easier (no bag check), and I don't have to haul anything around with me. I don't think I can go back to carrying a bag! When I did, it was a VB hipster.

Vera Bradley has a large assortment of nice cloth bags that are light weight. I have one and it worked beautifully. I'm the sort that will not leave the sunscreen behind and between that and a few other essentials I need a cross body bag that can hold a decent amount...

We use this baggallini backpack:

http://www.baggallini.com/backpacks/gold-cairo-backpack/CAI865-BG.html#start=10

Our fellow Disney friends call it the backpack of wonder for how compact it is compared to what it can hold. We usually bring our Brita refillable sport water bottle, both cellphones, compact umbrella(s), mycharge phone battery pack, small sunceeen stick, a couple of Disney ponchos, various medications, tissues, and the included wristlet with our APs, IDs, credit card, etc.

I really like this bag because in addition to being able to hold quite a few things, it has multiple internal compartments to help organize and the ability to be worn either as a traditional backpack over both shoulders or zipping the straps together to be slung across the body/worn on one shoulder. It is pretty darn durable too.

Vera Bradley has a large assortment of nice cloth bags that are light weight. I have one and it worked beautifully. I'm the sort that will not leave the sunscreen behind and between that and a few other essentials I need a cross body bag that can hold a decent amount...
I see many ladies carrying a Vera Bradley. I have never used one of her bags, but I hear a lot of people who swear by them and the idea of a soft cloth on my neck is much more appealing than one of leather or the seatbelt type material. What size crossbody do you use?

I see many ladies carrying a Vera Bradley. I have never used one of her bags, but I hear a lot of people who swear by them and the idea of a soft cloth on my neck is much more appealing than one of leather or the seatbelt type material. What size crossbody do you use?

I have this one:

https://www.verabradley.com/us/prod...5678G03?Ntt=VB-PDP-BAGS-CROSSBODY-BAGS-PDP-VB

I like it because it's roomy on the inside and can carry a lot. Depending on your needs it may be too big for you though; also this style doesn't come in Disney prints. I will note, when I got it I was hoping that the side pockets would fit a water bottle, sadly they don't :(

OK, so I was at the church thrift store and they had this one for $10. It was a steal but the crossbody strap is a wee bit too short for me. Do you think it would be blasphemous if I cut the strap and extended it with ribbon? It's a Vera Bradley in retired Greenfield. Not sure of the style but it's about 11x9x4.
s-l225.jpg

**This is not my picture, btw, just the same bag and only picture I could find online.

I use a Disney Vera Bradley Hipster. The soft strap is very comfy. I do fold up a small plastic bag in case of torrential downpours. It is very absorbent!

I use a Disney Vera Bradley Hipster. The soft strap is very comfy. I do fold up a small plastic bag in case of torrential downpours. It is very absorbent!
Yea, it does look like it. I was thinking about zapping it with some silicone spray just to waterproof it a tad since it's just going to be used for the parks. I keep everything in ziploc bags anyway, but I'd prefer not to add all the water weight.

IMG_3560.JPG

Mine is boring as heck but the weight and size are perfect, I can mix up the pins I put on it and it only cost me $6 on eBay. I've been using it for years.

I used to use a crossbody but they shift way too much for my comfort level. I was always shoving it behind me and adjusting the strap on my shoulder. Problems solved with this bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter