Ladies, please share your bags

I love my Overland Equipment Bayliss bag , but OE seems to be out of business. Here are the things that I like...built in wallet, big enough to carry sunscreen but not too big that I will make it too heavy (water bottle will not fit), comfortable strap, multiple compartments. The bag is 6.5x7.5x2.5 inches. I have had smaller which was great when we carried a second bag (diaper), and I have had bigger (too heavy with water bottle). It seems to be a little trial and error - make a list of things that you don't want to be without. I have to have hand gel, travel size wet ones (great after eating your sliced candy apple!), facial tissues, sunscreen (2 kinds) and lip balm in addition to money and ID. It just depends on your needs.

I would check out Baggalini (try The Container Store if you have one nearby) and REI (I like Sherpani bags, but I haven't bought one yet). I like LeSportSac, too, but they don't seem to have the organization. They are lightweight.

My park bag is actually a diaper bag. It holds a lot but doesn't take up too much space on rides.

gJhV2904uwPgNIrPAWswEB7plJ1oQCjlwcHO2PCpx3yPRBIBREA4VIy0UoMl3Hd849rtate8_9plqJVLrQWQDrSGx8Nc3v7T26tY9yxisv3sbL0SHI-4yBuWp6TgVsySERvJ6jn7y0wq1CyqTu980GxGHUGiAJoQ3GDIp2wHauj8ye6Rw6LuuW-Ul7pJ_Mylpo7Iznofod51kd6krEHfXUY1zvpej-Fuj7NBqNPn6KQaNa4H5W-TahWa13VvFtAvBYKoK2vJtsQbhVraRzFDm-gLqVUCNwoHTXt9XO_KIJRmIP1_erBna_z4Dse5SG-JxN9lwcZ20S38EiTgg9asOQ1BeAhP8DQs663eNw8l1WlG0YAbCQvQelW6Zc4e2CwWGRZUdF7o34qcjQzZcCaBsnHgL-ngBRqS4Pcwh0DsamU2t1LIglxFuTl_05b2CR1sjUJXdvQuQrf_aXuz_sUFJcCO4waXgE7DaxsJf3mthjZUzrv1w5T9VOc4ACnMPbn6_A3kqdVG3X2PVCmtHaUB45f_B7mYZ9brUIkJHbBnrP4_CR5vhjGcL5jWr1NjGHS2gUVQVCQrTrJ3ok6Z01yTqJFFez4I8qfUb5HLUmywNv9LI8p6dlE=w480-h640-no

Last edited:
I have an "Hipster/Alt Rock Belle" cross body bag that I had someone from Etsy create for me. I looooooove it! (and, of course, I can't find a photo of it right now)

IMG_0183.JPG I am not using a bag on this trip. First time with Magic Band so I think just my I.d.in my pocket.

If I did need a bag I love my Travelon bag. Cut proof strap, safety clasps lock the zippered pockets, RFID lining, similar to the one above.

I never carry any bag into a park. I don't want to be slowed down at bag inspections. I also don't find there to be a need for a purse on vacation, especially in the parks. For a few must haves... my phone, my Burts lip balm... I use my husbands cargo shorts, lol!! :flower1:
Last trip, I found that carrying only my Minnie Mouse cellphone clutch with some cash, my phone, and my id was all I needed and more often than not, I didn't have to go through bag check!

For my last few trips to Disney World I've been using this Dooney and Bourke Letter Carrier Crossbody, except mine is an older style and made from mustard colored epi style coated cotton.

Dooney-%26-Bourke-Eva-Crossbody-W-Med-Wristlet.jpg

It has served me well, as it's light, and I liked having the front pocket for any fast grab items. Last week after a moment of insanity, I splurged and booked a last minute trip to Disneyland AND purchased a new for-the-parks purse:

It's smaller, but I've been pining after a piece with this pattern for awhile, though in my day to day life I need a bag much bigger than this and am not a fan of the only larger piece in this collection. So I'm hoping this works out as my new at Disney bag and that it will still fit my park necessities (small wallet, small sunblock spray, cellphone, band aids, small bottle of ibuprofen, and a poncho for DW even though I've never used it).

I've got a Sherpani Zoe in an older style. Best park bag I ever bought.

I don't carry a lot, and this fits into my pocket (or hubby's cargo shorts) so we can skip bag check unless I have the big camera.
Holds my wallet, ID, keys and phone. Also my meds & lipbalm, with enough room left over to cram in an unopened poncho if I really think I'm going to need it.

About the only thing that won't fit in it is the autograph book.

This is the newer style - mine doesn't have the rfid shield, and mine might be a bit bigger
ZOE Crossbody Wallet

No picture, but I am down to a Vera Bradley "All-In-One" crossbody bag (I think that's a new name). My phone fits in the front pocket, my credit cards fit in the middle pocket and my sunglasses (barely) fit in the back pocket. If I bring a bigger bag I end up carrying everyone else's stuff.

We have our magic bands, but I prefer to have my hands free so I keep my passholder card and id, camera, sunglasses, migraine meds, bandaids, lip balm, blotting papers, hand santizer, kleenex, and a few ziploc baggies. It's not heavy, but I choose not to be without any of it. It saves hubby from having to be a pack mule so he just has his wallet, snacks,dry socks and ponchos in the backpack. I HATE having to go back to the car. I have used my Dooney Crossbody, but again, as much as I love it, after 10 hours it just plain hurts my neck.

Vera Bradley - Vera Tote. It is soft and the straps don't dig into my shoulders. There are outside and inside pockets, nice for separating sunscreen, Kleenex, sunglasses, etc. The bag holds a lot of stuff - water bottles, SLR camera, lightweight fleece - all at once.

I try not to carry a bag at all, but when I do I use a Baggalini Bryant Pouch. It holds my phone, credit card, ID, a little cash, a few tissues, my lip balm, and a lipstick-style portable phone charger. When I go through bag check, I actually put the phone in my pocket had have the bag open and ready to go. I often just get waved through without anyone actually looking inside the bag. This bag can be worn as a cross-body bag, a waist pack, or a wristlet.

On days that I don't take the Baggalini bag, I use a Voxkin lanyard phone case. I can put my phone, credit card, ID, and cash in it. My lip balm, phone charger, and tissues go in my pocket. A lot of times I'll actually put this phone case in my husband's pocket if he's wearing cargo shorts. I haven't had to go through bag check when wearing this.

Ten years ago I bought this Baggalini Journey Cross Body bag for our Disney trip. We carried a backpack and alternated who carried that or just left it in the stroller on a ride, and all my valuables were in this little bag which I kept on me. I have used it many times since. It is great because it has many pockets and I just love a well organized bag. But it is also a pain because it has so many pockets. I can't tell you how many times I have not been able to find something in there! The opposite of my usual well organized, lots of useful pockets kind of bag. So I am looking for a new bag as well and really appreciate all these suggestions!!

https://www.amazon.com/Baggallini-J...ni+crossbody+bags&refinements=p_89:Baggallini

Last edited:
I carry a Thirty One Organzining Shoulder Bag. Its a crossbody. I like it better than my Vera Bradley hipster, because the strap on the OSB is much longer. I have 3 of the thirtyone bags and they hold up really well. You can find them on ebay or through Thirtyone.
https://www.mythirtyone.com/product/3165

I'm with the bagless crowd. Hubby hates lines, and while I've generally not hated them, I've grown to resent the time I have to spend unnecessarily waiting. Cargo shorts and pants are the only way we go. I use an RFID blocking pouch for three or four cards and a bit of cash - CC/DL/GC plus some cash in case the system is down. Another pocket holds my phone in a baggie so that it doesn't get wet. Hubby carries a spare charging stick for the phone, or two if we'll be out all day, his own phone and his own wallet. No bags - here we come! We never wait at the front of the park, ever.

I like compartments for organization, lightweight and semi water resistant. Tumi Capri Crossbody
484785CRS_main

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!