Ladies, what is your favourite shoe to wear in the parks?

Safari23

Mouseketeer
I need to buy a new pair of shoes for our trip in June. I'm thinking a lace up running / walking shoe is the best choice. I may also buy a casual sandal as well. I was looking at the crocs swift water as a possibility. I want to see them in person though, not sure if they're that stylish.

Any suggestions on a running shoe? I want something stylish that I can wear with shorts and tees. What's your favourite to wear in the parks?

I was just looking into this about 30 minutes ago, so I'd definitely like to follow this post. However, I do really like Sanuk Sandals. They are made from Yoga Mats so they are really comfortable and I think that they're pretty stylish. I will say that I've never worn them in the parks, so I'm not sure about park functionality. I'm a person that stays at the park from Rope Drop to Fireworks, so I'm looking for something that will work all day long. I've worn them to a 7 hour day trip to the Zoo and didn't have any problems though, so I'm hoping that I could make them work for the parks.

I got a pair of Saucony Cohesion (not sure of the exact style number on them). They are lightweight, cool, and my feet hardly hurt the whole 3 and a half days we were in the parks. They hold up well too. My 4 year old has Saucony shoes (they are the only ones that make an extra wide width for his size), and they have held up through all the rough and tumble play he has put them through.

There are several threads in this forum on this very topic. Do a search -- the same shoes get recommended time and time again (reliable classics that work!). Since everyone's foot and stride are different, it's important that you try on the shoes and, if possible, walk a little on different surfaces (i.e. not just carpeting) before buying. If you have a good running store or walking shoes store near you, they should be able to assess your size and stride to help fit you with a brand and style that will suit you well. Make sure to break in your shoes before your trip and also to buy good wicking, arch supporting socks to bring on your trip. (We love Smartwool brand, but there are others that are very good, too.) Bring more than one pair of shoes so that you can switch during the day -- this will alleviate pressure point build up and help amazingly during your trip.
All that said, we love Keens (lace ups, mary janes, waterproof sandals). For us, that brand has worked consistently well over the years -- for plantar fasciitis, high arches, narrow feet, hip and knee problems, etc. Other DISers will jump in with what works best for them. Know your feet and their unique needs. Then try on different shoes to see what works best for you. Good luck!

I generally wear my Saucony running shoes because they are the most supportive, but in summer when it's really hot I often wear these, too - they are super comfy: https://amzn.to/2vzLMyR

I've worn every type of flip flop, sandals, casual shoes, and finally my work out shoes this past December and those were my favorite! I LOVE Sanuks , especially the yoga mat, but man my feet killed at the end of the day. My Nike Lunar Epics were amazing with the ankle support and cushioned heel! Definitely have to break them in, however. Every foot is different though :)

I always wear tennis shoes and workout type (but still appropriate) clothes. I think tennis shoes can be completely stylish, especially the bright colors these days!

... Every foot is different though :)

This is SO true! It doesn't matter how cute a shoe is on someone else or how well a shoe works for someone else. The trick is how well the shoe works for you! And there's no way to know this until you know your feet and their issues and try on the shoes to see how they work for you.

Saucony Guide or Brooks Ghost work for my feet. The Asics I used to wear are now made too narrow in the toe box for my foot. I also love Keen Whisper sandals. I agree with theluckyrabbit that breaking them in, good socks, and switching them out are really important. Happy feet can make a big difference in your day!!

Saucony are great for a running shoe for the parks. I also find the Skechers GoWalks to be very comfortable. They are the only shoes I've ever made it through a whole day with no pain with. For sandals, I prefer hiking-type sandals. I have Teva and Chaccos, which are great sandals with a strap so they won't fall off on rides. Skechers has some that are similar. They're comfy, too, but not as nice looking.

I switch between Ascics and Sketchers Go Walls for my Park days. I can do days on a regular vacation in Sanuks but I just can’t do full open to close park days in them - my knees hurt too much.

I also wear the Sanuk yoga mat flip flops! My feet would get too hot in my normal running/workout shoes, and for some reason those hurt at the end of the day.

My feet, and ankles get so swollen. I thought I was wearing good arch support Sole Flip flops. I’ve bought a pair of crocks clogs in Dec, on my last few days in WDW, seemed to help with heal pain. I’ve since bought a pair of Crocks Shimmer cross band slides. Both have cushion heel. On reading the boards someone mentioned Oofos flip flops so I bought a pair on Amazon. They are super squishy. I’m going to try them at the parks next week, along with both prs of Crocks. The Swiftwater look good too. I tried on at store.

Last week I wore a pair of Nike Free trainers. I swapped them out with a pair of Clark sandals. My suggestion is to swap out and mke sure they are broken in.
We ended up walking 20km a day

I’ve had the best luck with sneakers that have memory foam. I’ve worn nikes, sketchers and adidas. The adidas were the most comfortable and are more casual than sporty looking so they looked more in place with a dress or skirt. I think
they were called cloud foam or something? I also agree that alternating shoes at least every day is key. Good luck!

I wear flip flops unless it's pouring rain. They're UnderArmour, don't know the model as I've had them for years, but they're thin and flat. I hate shoes and they're just like walking barefoot (as God intended us to do :cutie:).

If I am forced to wear shoes, I wear either a Merrill hiking shoe or Go Walks Sweet Jams. Both shoes are wide across the toe box yet have a normal heel so they fit my duck-feet well.

I need a cushioned flip flop with a slightly higher or chunkier heel so its not totally flat. Any ideas?

I alternate between Fit Flop brand flip flops and Asic's running/walking shoes. I have severe foot problems(plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, Achilles tendonitis) and Fit Flops are one of the only brand of sandals I can tolerate.

I alternate between Fit Flop brand flip flops and Asic's running/walking shoes. I have severe foot problems(plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, Achilles tendonitis) and Fit Flops are one of the only brand of sandals I can tolerate.

Same. I LOVE my Fit Flop Surfa sandals. I have three pairs! They can go MILES in the parks without pain, but I do hate how dirty my feet get when I wear them. I will wipe them down with a Wet Ones wipe a couple times during the day.

Lately, I have also been wearing Skechers Go Walks in the parks and they hold up really well to long days and lots of miles. Shockingly well, I think. I never thought I'd be able to wear these in the parks due to my foot issues, but they are surprisingly comfortable. I just bought a new pair with mesh uppers so they keep my feet nice and cool without socks. Love them! A

I wear Brooks running shoes when I know I will be doing SERIOUS miles (more than 5-6 in a day). But, most of my park days are 5 hours or so and only about 5 miles of walking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts