land/sea or sea/land?

maps

DIS Veteran
i see that with the land/sea package that you have to do disney world first and then the cruise. is it possible to do it the other way around? (the timing works out better for me)
thanks

i've never done it (we only did land/sea on our first cruise) but I've heard that many people find they do better booking it on their own (or with the help of an agent like Dreams Unlimited.

We added on two nights at VWL using DVC points after our 4 day cruise last May and it worked out great. We already had AP's so didn't need the other extras of a package.

Look around and I'm sure you'll find something that is a perfect fit for you.

you can do it either way. The four day cruise is sea first and then three days at the parks, the three day cruise is parks first for four days and then the cruise for three. Four day cruise leaves on Sunday and the three day on Saturday. We did the land/sea for our first cruise (all sevens after that-too short ) It was nice to relax after running at the parks for four days.

We preferred to do the parks first then rest our aching feet during the cruise. It would have been too much for us to relax on the cruise then hussle in the parks. JMO! :cool:

Definitely better doing the land first. You are bushed after all of the walking & planning & crowds. Being on the cruise after WDW is relaxing & non-stressful. Then you go home feeling great!

Originally posted by dclwdwlover
Definitely better doing the land first. You are bushed after all of the walking & planning & crowds. Being on the cruise after WDW is relaxing & non-stressful. Then you go home feeling great!

I think this is especially true if you have done a cruise before. We left the Poly for the AK on Thursday morning. We spent a few hours at AK and then caught the bus to the port (you have to pre-arrange this after hotel check-in. Its all very smooth).

When we boarded, that was our first cruise experience. We spend a lot of time exploring and getting to know the lay of the land. When we do our next land and sea in Feb, we know exactly where we want to go and what we want to do.

I second or third (or fourth) the comments about doing the cruise afterward. We were able to kick back and relax a bit more then.

And you can sometimes find basically the same deal for cheaper by booking it on your own. We just booked far enough in advance to where it was harder to get a better discount even if we'd booked it on our own.

We just returned from a land/sea package -- 3 days land and 4 days sea. I just want to mention that with the 4 day cruise, our land was still first. Our package went from Thursday to Thursday, rather than Sunday to Sunday.

I liked the idea of doing the land first and then the cruise, but didn't like the Thursday to Thursday at first. However going back to work on Friday wasn't as bad as I thought since I knew it was just that day and then the weekend! And then Monday wasn't even as bad since I had done some of the catching up on Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter