Large Scale Light Art?

MegaWoman

Burner
It's been a loooong time since I've been to WDW, and this will be our first time camping at Fort Wilderness! We will be there Dec 28 2019-Jan 4 2020.
I know at holiday season there are campsites decorated by campers.
My question is: We make large scale LED solar powered light art, it's really fun, but REALLY big & bright....(We bring it to Burning Man in Nevada) is it too much??
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Stephanie

Most of our photos are on IG - not sure if I can post that here?
Not something I've ever dealt with. Hopefully someone here may have more experience with that than me. I sure hope you could set up one though. It sounds like it would be an amazing holiday display!

I have seen this guideline document, I’m just wondering if my art is too much? It’s really bright!
The best thing might be to call and ask. Maybe mention you'd shut it down at a certain time each night.

Has this been updated since it first came out? I remember when these rules hit the boards and recall a prohibition of no decorations higher than your RV.

Ah that will have to be my first question when I call, one of the pieces is a 10x14 light wall.......

Ah that will have to be my first question when I call, one of the pieces is a 10x14 light wall.......

Shout out to the board. I'm not around here much anymore so is the following comment still true.

Just realize its been reported that when you call the Front Desk at FW or really any resort you get a call center that may not even be in Florida so your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
Sadly we are soooo tired of lugging all our light art across the border in our RV I think we are going to scale it back. We have a smaller light wall & some projection mapping we are thinking of bringing instead. Need to fine tune some details.

Shout out to the board. I'm not around here much anymore so is the following comment still true.

Just realize its been reported that when you call the Front Desk at FW or really any resort you get a call center that may not even be in Florida so your mileage may vary.

Yes, it's still accurate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter