Last minute holiday - Orlando and Crystal River

MrsDanielle

Mouseketeer
Recently booked a last-second holiday to Orlando, arriving early afternoon on Jan 4th & returning home on the 11.

Our plan is as follows: our plane is touching down in Orlando (MCO)@ 11:00 a.m. local time. Figure we should have our rental car and be on the road no later than 12:30, but who knows! We are spending the first night in Crystal River, as we have booked a manatee tour for the following morning. My question really pertains to that first day, and figuring out what we can actually do/have time for. It takes approximately 2 hrs to reach Crystal River from Orlando. I've checked out various things to do in the Crystal River area and most activities seem to shut down before 5:00 p.m.

So based on this, should we focus on getting to Crystal River (we're staying @ the Plantation) and just relax, or should venture into Orlando, and head to Downtown Disney, or something similar for a few hours? It'll be just myself and the DH, and we're both chalk full of energy! So in a nutshell, what would be the best use of our time?

Note: this will be a Disney-free holiday, as we have purchased tickets to a few of the other Orlando parks. The first day may be our only opportunity to visit Disney...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter