Last minute planning questions

mAlien13

Down with Disney
Hello, all! :goodvibes The day we leave gets ever closer, and I am running into questions all the time, about new stuff that we haven't experienced before or old things that have changed or I've forgotten. As I try to tighten down our plans, I was hoping someone can help me out with a few of them.

1. Does anyone know how long the Jedi Training Acadamy lasts? I can't seem to find the info listed anywhere. Does every child participate or is it like the Sword in the Stone?

2. I can't remember, when the parade time is listed as 3:30, does that mean it starts at 3:30 or is that the average...I seem to remember that the PoD started at IASW at 3:15 and ended at the RR station at about 3:45. Is this the same for all parades? Also, is the Xmas Fantasy parade about 1/2 an hour?

3. Are the lines at POTC really vicious since the makeover? Is it a FP attraction? It's one of our favorites, but we've never really experienced waits at the WDW one, and the DL one was closed when we were there in April.

4. How long does the firework show last?

Thanks everyone. I'm getting so excited, it's so close now!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

mAlien13 said:
Hello, all! :goodvibes The day we leave gets ever closer, and I am running into questions all the time, about new stuff that we haven't experienced before or old things that have changed or I've forgotten. As I try to tighten down our plans, I was hoping someone can help me out with a few of them.

1. Does anyone know how long the Jedi Training Acadamy lasts? I can't seem to find the info listed anywhere. Does every child participate or is it like the Sword in the Stone?

2. I can't remember, when the parade time is listed as 3:30, does that mean it starts at 3:30 or is that the average...I seem to remember that the PoD started at IASW at 3:15 and ended at the RR station at about 3:45. Is this the same for all parades? Also, is the Xmas Fantasy parade about 1/2 an hour?

3. Are the lines at POTC really vicious since the makeover? Is it a FP attraction? It's one of our favorites, but we've never really experienced waits at the WDW one, and the DL one was closed when we were there in April.

Thanks everyone. I'm getting so excited, it's so close now!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

1) id say around 20-30 min. they pick randomly. Your best chances is wearing a Jedi T-Shirt, or being really really want to be a Jedi, like jumping with your hands up when they who wants to be a Jedi

2) Christmas Parade is shorter than PoD, mainly because PoD stops like 4-5 times to do the "welcome" song. Christmas parade does not. THe 3:30 parade will start at IASW, and the 6:30 parade starts at Main Street. I think the parade is around 30-40 min to pass and such.

3) Its been popular. THe line actually goes out the door and waves around next to the bridge. There is no FP for it.

4)id say 15-20 min... maybe more with the wonderful snow! :P

mAlien13 said:

While Albort gave you great info, I thought I would throw in my thoughts since I just got back.

1. The Jedi Academy chooses children from the waiting area (by the ropes). They seemed to choose those who were enthusiastic. They do it several times a day so if you don't get picked one time, you can try again.

2. No idea on the parade as they didn't have it while I was there.

3. The lines at POTC while we were there were virtually non-existant. The first time we went on, it looked long but it moved so quickly, we never stopped moving. The make-over is great by the way.

4. The fireworks were about 8 minutes long and the snow lasted for about 5 minutes after that.

Thanks so much for the info, Sthronds. :thumbsup2 I hope you had a wonderful trip. Are you planning on doing a trip report?

Also, I wanted to ask another question...I can't remember how long Fantasmic lasts...does anyone know?

Fantasmic is about 20 minutes. There is usually a 9pm show and then the fireworks start at 9:25pm so Fantasmic needs time to end before they start the next one. If you see the first show, you can stick around the Rivers and watch the fireworks, and they even make it snow over there.

Also don't let the Pirates line scare you too bad! Both times last month it was past the entrance to Riverbelle Terrace and it took us less than 10 minutes to get in a boat!!

We will be there at the same time, I hope we have great weather and it's not too crowded! December 2004 at this same time was wlak ons!!! Here's hoping!

Andrea

Sthronds said:
1. The Jedi Academy chooses children from the waiting area (by the ropes). They seemed to choose those who were enthusiastic. They do it several times a day so if you don't get picked one time, you can try again.

Also, if possible, try to have your kids standing close to centerstage. The two times we watched the show, the Jedi Master seemed to pick more children in the center or near center than off on the sides.

Albort said:
1) id say around 20-30 min. they pick randomly. Your best chances is wearing a Jedi T-Shirt, or being really really want to be a Jedi, like jumping with your hands up when they who wants to be a Jedi

2) Christmas Parade is shorter than PoD, mainly because PoD stops like 4-5 times to do the "welcome" song. Christmas parade does not. THe 3:30 parade will start at IASW, and the 6:30 parade starts at Main Street. I think the parade is around 30-40 min to pass and such.

3) Its been popular. THe line actually goes out the door and waves around next to the bridge. There is no FP for it.

4)id say 15-20 min... maybe more with the wonderful snow! :P

My Husband & I will be at DL for the 1st time on Sat., Dec. 16th. I have a question, what does "IASW" stand for? Thank you in advance! ::MinnieMo

sebfigmin said:
My Husband & I will be at DL for the 1st time on Sat., Dec. 16th. I have a question, what does "IASW" stand for? Thank you in advance! ::MinnieMo

Its a Small World...

And good date, thats when Matterhorn starts running :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter