Last Minute Question about Dining at Alfredo's

B

BECAMOM

Hello Again!

I have a question to anyone who's dined recently at Alfredo's. My husband and I are having a late lunch/early dinner there at 4:00 to celebrate out 25th anniversary after an afternoon at the World Showcase. This will be followed by a 6:00 appt. at the Grand Floridian Spa for a facial and massage for both of us. Do you think that 2 hours is enough time to eat and get to the Grand Floridian for our appt?

Thanks!
Liz

... I'm not so sure. The problem might be that you'll feel rushed, what with having to get through the meal, then go to the front of the park, catch a monorail and transfer to ANOTHER monorail in order to get to the GF.

As I said, it's totally possible, but seeing as Alfredo's is a nice restaurant, and you'll be paying more than you might in some other venues, you might not want to feel as if you had to dash through your meal. And I don't know about you, but after eating a good meal (which you're sure to have there!), I couldn't even think about "dashing" anywhere... slowly meandering, maybe, but dash? No way! LOL

Richard

We love Alfredos and have never had bad service or bad food in the 7 years we have been going. I know there are mixed reviews and I guess a lot depends on time of day and tastes. That said, if you are on a dining plan or if you are (like us) the kind of folks who enjoy an appetizer or a salad and then the entree and maybe a glass of wine to celebrate then you don't want to be rushed as Richard mentione.

4 would be a nice time to dine here because the crowds would be thinner but if you have to hurry thru then you might not enjoy it as much.

Not to take anything away from Alfredos which we love but have you considered a later dinner at Palio? strolling musicians, great food, great wine, not part of mainstream Disney but still on premises?

Mama Quack

Definitely not enough time! Your dining experience will be too rushed.

To get to the GF, you must walk back to the front entrance of Epcot. Which could take 10/15 minutes doing a fast-walk. Then hope on the monorail to TTC. (Hopefully you time it right and a monorail is waiting) The monorail ride is at least 15 minutes -- and that is without it stoping for heavy traffic. (a slow done or backup at the TTC) Then you need to get on to the MK monorail. You may have to wait in line, and again if you time it right a monorail is waiting.

Bus is another option, but again timing and transfers are involved.

If you are renting a car that maybe a little faster.

Have you thought of a later dinner instead? You could dine at 8:30PM at Alfredo's. But you maybe zombies after the massage.

Could you do the massage another day?

Happy Anniversary!! 25 years congrads to you both!!

But I would like to say congratulations on your 25th how great.::yes:: :wave2:

I would say that if you really want to dine at Alfredos, then change your PS to 3:00. The trek back to the front of Epcot, the monorail ride to the TTC, and the Resort monorail to the GF will eat a lot of time. Two hours will definitely not be enough!

May I suggest having dinner after the massage someplace close to the GF? The Calif Grille is a wonderful place for a celebration.

You could do your world showcase day and Alfredo's another day and not have to rush from the back of Epcot to the GF.

Another plan would be to do Alfredo's for lunch. have your massage, retire to your room, and have room service for dinner. Sounds like a romantic idea for your anniversary.:hug:

Thanks to everyone for their good wishes on our anniversary. The concensus is absolutely right on, it would be way too rushed. I'll have to rethink the itinerary - but I do like the idea of room service after the massage!!!

I'll let you all know what I come up with - thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter