Last Minute Trip - Decision made

omniscientmommy

DIS Veteran
So we booked our flights this afternoon for 3/25 - 3/31. We are debating staying on site versus off site. I know we really need to make a decision quick. My husband hates using the buses(but we could) and will never ride the gondolas, and not just bc they seem to break down a lot. Now I figure if we Uber/Lyft we are going to spend anywhere between $250 - $300. I've looked at hotwire/priceline, talked with DVC rentals, and also have spoken with Dreams. I did price out a rental car which is just as much as Uber/Lyft plus we'll have to pay for gas. If you stay off site for a low cost, like we are trying to be cheap, maybe $110ish/night where do you stay. We typically have stayed off site at Windsor Hills but with the rental car, gas and the unit we're looking at spending $1,800. So I'm just thinking would it be worth it to stay off site at a cheap hotel or tell DH to suck it up and stay on site?

Personally I love the Disney bubble and the buses in the morning(or on the way there) don't totally bother me, I figure it's really the afternoon(leaving) where we have our issues so we could always just take an Uber back from the parks. Also if anyone has experience with the buses at off site hotels?

My family always stayed in Davenport. Have you considered a Moderate or Value resort that’s linked with the Skyliner? If this is something that you would consider.

We will be there about the same time as you (3/28-4/2) for a budget friendly trip. We are staying at POP because a friend who stayed there recently said the Skyliner is a "game changer" for POP - we are looking forward to it.

We will be there 3/21-26 and originally I had booked a room at Movies with Disney. However, I was able to find a room through a third party at Sports for $100 cheaper so we moved over. No renovated rooms but that does not really bother us. It is a busy time with all the spring breaks so rooms are booking up fast and prices are rising so I would book something quickly. There is nothing like staying on site and getting picked up by Magical Express. Enjoy your vacation.

We always stay at Sheraton vistana on idrive.
I really like the really nice rooms for a low price.
We get two bedrooms living room and a full kitchen resort with a pool slide etc. For 200 a night. Even Taking uber we still save money... and get dropped off at the door..
3/8-3/14

If you download the Travelocity app, you can get 15% off your first reservation through them with the code MOB15 :)

I looked at good neighbor hotels and such. DH and I had a long talk and he decided that staying onsite at a value was good and he'll deal with the buses.
I just checked your dates with the spring discount and no availability for any of value resorts on Disney website

undercover tourist has All Stars Sports at $166 a night

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter