Last Minute Trip - need advise

robind

DIS Veteran
Just found out that I will be going to Bangkok in two weeks, connecting via Tokyo. So, I decided to stop for a short trip to TDL. I am arriving in Tokyo on a Saturday around 2:15pm. I'm assuming I can get to my hotel (Hilton Tokyo Bay), check in and get tickets and be at TDL by 5:00. That will give me about 5 hours – first question, will that give me time to actually do anything or will it be so busy that I won't get to do much?
I'm planning on spending Sunday at TDS and then my flight is on Monday at 3pm, so I was thinking since the park opens at 9 on Monday I was hoping to spend about 2 hours at TDL and perhaps hit Monsters, since I doubt I'll make that on Saturday.

Does this sound like a good idea or should I do TDS on Sat and TDL on Sun?

I don't see anything about extra magic hours so I assume they do not have any?

Any other suggestions you can offer?

I like your plan: TDL on Saturday, TDS on Sunday. Just getting two hours on Monday doesn't seem worth the cost of admission though.

Enjoy!

I would not bother with going on Monday morning unless you don't mind spending around $30 for a couple of hours in the park. A 1 day ticket is 5800 yen ($65), a 2 day ticket is 10,000 yen ($112), and a 3 day ticket is 12,900 yen ($145). The dollar amounts are based on the exchange rate as of today. I would suggest buying a 2 day ticket rather than a Starlight Passport ($53) for Saturday and a regular ticket for Sunday. You will save a few dollars and only have 1 ticket to handle. The way the TDL and TDS tickets work is that you can only go into 1 park each day on the 2 day tickets. The weekends are really crowded. We waited over 2 hours for the Indiana Jones ride last year. We saw a wait of 3 hours for Pooh's Honey Hunt on the Wait Time Board. Study the parks online before you go and know what you want to do before you get there. Fastpasses will most likely be gone by the time you arrive Saturday. Enjoy walking around and seeing the parks. They are both beautiful and DisneySea is unlike any other Disney park. I would say do TDL on Saturday like you plan and TDS on Sunday. TDS has shows on the lagoon that are not to be missed! They take place throughout the day. TDL has a wonderful electric light parade at night. Don't stress about not being able to do everything. Consider this trip an appetizer and you can come back for the main course later! We went last year and had to go again this year, taking more family. Its a wonderful city and we love the parks!

Have fun!

Make sure that you stay until park closing - almost everything was a walk when we were there in May. In the last hour before the park closed, even Pooh had less than a 20 minute wait. Splash and other popular rides had a 5 minute wait time posted, but we were able to walk on.

Thanks for the info, I plan on taking a break mid-day and staying until close. After the last 2 days at WDW's heat, I'm not looking forward to the heat in Tokyo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter