Late ROFR

disneywv

Earning My Ears
Friday marked day 31 for RFOR on a BLT contract. I called the broker who said they hadn't received notice from Disney yet. Monday will be day 34. Does it mean anything they missed deadline?

There really is no deadline they have till closing but its generally 30 days or less.

In the threads I've been seeing it seems they can go as long as ~40 days.

Friday marked day 31 for RFOR on a BLT contract. I called the broker who said they hadn't received notice from Disney yet. Monday will be day 34. Does it mean anything they missed deadline?
The deadline is the closing date stated on your contract, not 30 days from when you submit it.

So, does that mean, if you close on day 31, if you haven't received ROFR waiver, that Disney will honor the deed and title changes?

Searched, and I think I found the answer to my own question.

From: https://www.disboards.com/threads/purchasing-dvc-rofr.3702803/

13.1 of the Declaration of Condominium, at least on the SSR one does simply day that DVD must be given at least 30 days notice before closing. It says that DVD MUST give notice in writing before the proposed closing date if it wishes to exercise ROFR. It also says the owner can sell if no notice is received before the closing date.
So the notice period is entirely within the sellers control. If it gives DVD the 30 days notice of the closing date and DVD doesn't reply in that time, then DVD only gets 30 days and the seller can close, seller does not have to wait for any notice of waiver of ROFR.
If seller gives DVD 50 days, DVD has 50 days and so on.

So, if you haven't received ROFR waiver, I would think you can try to move on with closing as quick as possible, but than it takes a while to get estoppel anyways. It seems title company doesn't want to proceed to Estoppel step until the ROFR waiver is received. I guess in theory, if you get estoppel early in the process, and have closing paperwork all prepared and ready to be signed, you can just close 31 days after sending in the ROFR paperwork to DVC.

Great3

Last edited:

Day 34 and i got a response. Disney took the contract. That makes 2 that haven't passed ROFR in 2019.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!