Laundry . . . Do you fold

I do but my underwear drawer shares a space with some of my perfumes and socks. I use the drawer dividers from IKEA, and folding the underwear keeps them neatly in their own space. Also makes it easier to find the ones I'm looking for.

Last edited:
Nope and they rarely make it to sock and underwear drawer either. I toss them into the clean laundry basket to be sorted later. Usually the sorting consists of finding socks and undies when you get dressed in the morning.

I'm glad my house isn't the only one where people sometimes get dressed from clean laundry baskets! Most everything gets folded, but putting it away can be a whooooole other story all together.

I fold DH's underwear & organize his by color, brand, & pattern. Not because he asks me to do that... he'd probably rather they just be tossed in the drawer, but I like to reinforce to him how nice organization looks. LOL!

I just toss mine in my drawer.

I fold our 2 DSs' underwear & put the stacks in their room for them to put away. I don't organize theirs by color or pattern.

I put DD's underwear unfolded on her dresser, & she puts hers away however she wants to.

I think, maybe, it's because guy underwear is easier to fold than girl underwear?

Yep I fold them! But then I make my bed everyday too!

And yep I had days of the week underwear when I was a kid NFLDERS:)

You think our mothers checked them, to see if we were changing to a new pair each day?!

AND, a question for children of armed forces parent(s) if you fold, make your bed, and/or are neat in general; Do you think this came from their time in the service?

Last edited:
Yep, I fold....
Doesn't have to be perfect... But, wadded up wrinkled underwear???

I actually am neater and cleaner, I think, than most people.
My better clothes get pulled from the warm dryer, shake the wrinkles out, and folded or hung.....
I set the dryer so that it doesn't over-dry, then I just turn it back on for a few minutes when I am ready to pull out the clothes.

nope-never even knew people actually did that LOL- they get shoved into the "underwear drawer"- and socks just get tossed into the sock drawer, I don't match them up.

my husbands and sons yes, but mine have no structure so no. I stopped folding my sons socks as well since he has all the same kind. I have better things to do.

Yes. I fold underwear. Always have. I also pair everyone's socks. After clothes are washed, dried and folded/hung up they go right up into our rooms and get put away.

Yes, but I hang most of my own clothes. Everyone has their own quirks about how they want their stuff washed/dried/folded and we do our best as a family group to do what everyone else prefers. Not always perfect, but all laundry is folded and at least carried to the owners room. Mine is put away 90% of the time, DD20 leaves her stuff all over in questionable piles, DH still has open moving boxes on his side of the bed (we moved in a year ago) and DS24 puts his stuff away...

Oh don't have that stuff. Just good 'ol cotton Hanes. ;)

Maybe this is it, the person I was talking to is a guy (wears boxer briefs). There is much more to those than mine.

Is it sad that I've got more of that than my standard work/everyday seamless type? I'm a sucker for the pretty things at VS and then I found La Perla which was bad...I love all those pretty things; gives me so much confidence. I also wear the pretty stuff for major work things. It's like armor!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!