Laundry . . . Do you fold

I didn’t use to, but it takes up a lot less space in the dresser if it’s folded.

We don't have dressers. Everything from jeans to t-shirts gets hung up in our closets. Socks and underwear have their own cubby.

Laundry care taker here and of course I fold shirts, pants, socks before placing in draws with occasional underwear folding. Suitcase packing requires rolling of underwear and fold/roll for other items.

I fold everything if in a folding mood. That's about every other time I do laundry. If I don't fold it stays in the baskets and I grab if from there when needed.

Nope only time I would do that is when I roll them when I'm going on vacation for space reasons. They just gets thrown in a drawer otherwise.

Socks do get paired together and thrown in a drawer. I have a separate drawer for those single socks that crop up way to often if you ask me.

My husband on occasion folds his boxers..if they make it to the closet..but more than likely they will sit in a 'clean' pile on the bed in the extra bedroom. He doesn't hang clothes very often either. I'm not the best though at getting every item in the hamper every single time (well neither is he lol).

I fold my husband’s boxers but not my super hot 100% cotton full coverage granny panties.

I’ve been married a long, long, long time!

No.
ETA - I do match up socks as they come out of the dryer. I also fold as I take out of the dryer. Well somethings. Not underwear. And not shirts that I will hang up.

I do. I don't think it NEEDS to be folded, but after reading Marie Kondo's book, the only "category" of stuff I managed to tidy up was my clothes, and I followed her advice for how to fold stuff when I reloaded/reorganized my dresser afterward. I love the look of my two columns of underwear all folded into little packets, so I've kept it up. (Along with folding everything else, but with other things I do sometimes get sloppy with how it gets shoved into the drawer.)

I agree it doesn't need to be folded, but yes, I fold my underwear before putting it away in the drawer. Granted, the underwear might sit in the laundry basket for several days before I get around to folding.

I fold my socks, too. I'm proud of the fact that I have NEVER EVER lost a sock.

You should be! How is that even possible? Unless...you don't own a clothes dryer?

Sure, I own and use a dryer. I just keep track of my socks from hamper to washer to dryer to drawer.

I gotta be good at something since I'm a failure in so many other aspects of life. :D

Yep, I fold underwear. Not really sure why, probably my mom did it so I do it too.

I have a funny story about folding. Years ago I worked at a job where I had to be in charge of a bunch of smart, older women who had decades more experience than I had. Luckily they were all sweet and helpful and kind and a breeze to "manage", now that I have more experience in the working world I shudder to think how badly that job could have gone. Anyway, we were all working closely together on a project, standing around and talking while we worked and we talked about the sometimes silly lessons that parents feel they have to impart on their kids before they leave the nest--all of these women had kids already in college or close to going away to college. So one woman talked about her mom teaching her the correct way to fold towels, and how she wanted to teach her daughter the same thing. So I laughed and said that my mom had done the same, but that she had also insisted on teaching me how to fold a fitted sheet. Now, I'm looking down at my work while I'm talking but as soon as I said this there was this stunned silence and I looked up into the faces of these women, they were all staring at me with rapt attention. Then one said, "Can you teach us?" I don't remember exactly how old I was, I was in my early 20s and that is the first time I can remember having this great deal of respect for my mother (because I guess I had grown out of that teenager phase where we all think our parents are lame and don't know anything important), and I can thank the wonderful ladies I worked with for that :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter