Laundry when staying in a studio

jkins77

Earning My Ears
We are not DVC owners but have rented through members and are looking forward to a nine night split stay between BLT, VWL and BCV (all studios, so no in room laundry). I know there are laundry facilities at each of these DVC resorts, but I'm confused as to whether I can access them with just my room key (magic band?) or am I out of luck because I'm not a DVC member with a special card? Thanks.

Great! I guess what I more specifically wanted to know is if it's free to use or $2.00 a load like at non-DVC resorts? Thanks!

Great! I guess what I more specifically wanted to know is if it's free to use or $2.00 a load like at non-DVC resorts? Thanks!
The machines are free, but you will need to bring your own detergent or buy some out of the vending machine.

I know the BWV and Kidani laundry rooms are not secured. I'm told that some machines at other resorts look like they require quarters, but will run without.

Keep in mind that there are usually only 2 washers at the dvc resorts (except okw). Hopefully if both are working (our last years stay at the bcv only 1 worked during our entire 2 week stay) you might be able to snag one and it's not easy. It took us a couple of days during our last stay in May. My husband ran up with that laundry about every 15 minutes and finally got one. It took us most of the afternoon to get 1 load of wash done that day, but we were desperate since we were into day 10 of a 2 week stay and things weren't looking good. We sat at the villa pool waiting. Not sure if first thing in the am is a better time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter