LAX or Santa Ana

I base my choice on price and schedule. I'd do whatever is cheaper or has better flight times and is a direct flight. If it is the same, I'd pick Santa Ana (John Wayne) because it is closer. We are flying into Long Beach in August because it was a lot cheaper than the others.

Given a choice I would pick Long Beach first, then Orange county/ santa anna, and LAX last.

Santa Ana is by far the best, I'd go there even if it cost a bit more. It's nicer and easier to deal with, also much closer. My second choice would be Long Beach, I don't really care for the airport but it's on the small side and closer than LAX. LAX is just horrible and I wouldn't go there unless I had no other choice. It's very busy and theres always some kind of problem when I fly from or to there.

im the opposite of everyone else, but that may be as i fly in from Canada. Lax always seems easier to deal with and i get way more flight options and its always cheaper.

I've always flown into Santa Ana, and it is SO easy! From the time we get off the plane, we can be at Disneyland in under an hour (even with picking up a rental car, unless they are REALLY slow!).

However, it is usually more expensive. I see Long Beach is usually cheaper. How long of a drive is it from there? Do you have the traffic headaches you get when trying to make it to LAX for a flight?

We flew into Santa Ana and out of LAX. We made this decision because of the flight times. There was only 1 flight home out of Santa Ana and that was way to early in the morning for us. LAX was easy to get to, returned our rental car there and came home. We had no issues with either airport. Santa Ana is really close to DL. LAX was about a 30 minute ride. We left our hotel
1 1/2 before the flight and had plenty of time.
Hope that helps.

santa ana is super easy.
If renting a car get onto 55 and get in the carpool lane(assuming you are not alone) and keep on 5 north and it takes seriously ten to fifteen minutes, and you take Disney Drive off of 5 north carpool lane, and you are right there. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Santa Ana, Long Beach and Ontario are all reasonably close, small, convenient airports. I would try all three first before choosing LAX. Most likely any cost savings in going in and out of LAX would be eaten up with the additional transportation costs to get to Disneyland as well as the lost time.

We flew into LAX last summer and I didn't care for it at all. It was too busy for me. I didn't care for the drive to Disneyland either. This summer were flying into Long Beach. I'm hoping that its much better (I've heard that it is).

The last time we flew into the John Wayne Airport was many, many light years ago....like 18 years to be exact. I don't remember too much about it other than us exiting the plane onto the tarmac. I had never done that before.

Hope that helps. :)

kittysmommy said:
However, it is usually more expensive. I see Long Beach is usually cheaper. How long of a drive is it from there? Do you have the traffic headaches you get when trying to make it to LAX for a flight?

The drive from Long Beach is super easy. You can get on Wardlow right out of the airport. Wardlow becomes Ball Rd. Even taking those surface streets its about 1/2 hour drive, at 9 am on a Monday. YOu can take the hwy and cut some time off. We tried the freeway on the way to the hotel. There was construction, which lead to poorly marked exits. We ended up lost for about 1/2 hour. We took Ball / Wardlow back to the airport. It was so easy, my husband was upset that we did use that route to begin with.

The airport is about 15 miles from DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter