Le Cellier Dining Review

Haley R

DIS Veteran
We ate here on Saturday for lunch and everything was delicious. We checked in around 12:25 for our 12:30 pm reservation and were seated shortly after. We were put at a two person table with a booth because it was just the two of us. The tables are really close together so if that bothers anyone just keep that in mind. The parties on either side of us were probably within 2 feet away. It's also very dark in the restaurant for anyone with vision impairments.

Dh and I started by ordering the cheese soup and sharing it. It was absolutely delicious and we loved getting the free bread to dip into it. Our favorites were the sour dough and pretzel bread. We both ordered the filet as our entree (me-medium well and Dh-medium). I normally would get medium, but I'm pregnant so I just went with medium well to be on the safe side. It comes with mushroom risotto and this was my first time ever eating risotto. I think that was the best thing I ate there! It was so creamy and flavorful. My steak was a little charred on top and didn't have a lot of flavor so that was my only disappointment. When you're paying that kind of money you expect a pretty good steak. Dh said his was fantastic and after trying mine said they tasted completely different.

The waitress was mostly attentive and refilled our bread. She didn't ask for drink refills though so that wasn't good considering we paid for drinks. She finally asked at the very end of our meal which isn't super helpful.

The main reason we ate here was because we bought the annual passholder gift cards where you spend $100 and they give you $10 to spend at select restaurants. We bought $1000 so we had $100 we could use at a restaurant. Normally, we wouldn't eat at this expensive of a restaurant, but since we had the gift cards it was a no brainer. They also let us use the AP discount which was great!

Overall, most of our food was very good and the dining experience was decent. I don't think we will be back, though, just because of the cost. There are lots of other places we haven't tried yet and we will do those first. IF we did go back, we both said we could get just the soup and be satisfied.

Attachments

• IMG_5583.jpg
    IMG_5583.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5582.jpg
    IMG_5582.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5575.jpg
    IMG_5575.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5573.jpg
    IMG_5573.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 35

I'm curious as to how the AP $10 bonus is given. If you buy 3 $100 gift cards do you get a gift card loaded with $30 or it is in some other form?

We went to Le Cellier every visit, until, the last time we were there, the server rushed us through our meal So fast, I really believed she didn't want us there. Main courses arrived before starters were finished, dessert orders expected to be taken while we were eating main courses...
Plus, all the food was wildly over salted. This had not been the case the previous times, but it was all bad enough that it hasn't even hit my radar for this trip. It had been a favourite, so it's nice to hear a good review!

I'm curious as to how the AP $10 bonus is given. If you buy 3 $100 gift cards do you get a gift card loaded with $30 or it is in some other form?
They will send you emails separately with each one having $10 on it. So we got 10 different emails. Our server was very happy that we had them printed out so she didn’t have to use my phone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter