Le Cellier, October 5.

Cannot_Wait_4Disney

The Colombo of Cippolini.
Yeah I'm wayyyyy behind. Sue me. I took another trip in the mean time. At my rate, you'll get those reviews in August. And if you compliain it will be September. I'm not Burger King. You get it my way.

We had ressies at 6:50. We spent the day at Blizzard Beach, then went to the hotel to change and got there about 6:40. We waited 10 minutes and got right in. The place is fairly small, which explains why it is such a hard get. It's also up there in price and is only one credit. We were on the meal plan. They make it up to look like sort of a wine celler. And we got seeted fairly close to the kitchen, but in a section where the tables weren't so close together. We liked that. Our waitress was really sweet, explained everything and was very attentive. Again we didn't experience any of the bad service others have reported.

On to the food.
For drinks we were able to get a smoothie!!! Big plus. But you only get one. But they let me change over to a soft drink after the smoothie was exhausted. Yeah baby!!!
For appetizers, I got the shrimp Cocktail. The shrimp were of nice size and there were about 5 or 6 of them. Not all that large an amount. The size of the bowl however, dwarfs the food and makes it look like a smaller portion than it is. The Wasabi slaw was good too. It wasn't as spicy a sauce as the description makes it out to be. It likely won't be too spicy for you unless you hate spicy.
BIL got the beef barley soup. Bad move. It was nothing special. Campbells tastes about the same.
Wife got the shrimp too. She loved em.
I'll do the kids stuff seperately.

For entrees, because we'd been pigging out all week, I decided to get the 7 oz fillet with the maple BBQ sauce. The Wife got the same. It was a very good filet. But the filet itself was not quite as good as the filet we got at Maya Grill. They were both cooked as ordered. If you're worried about the sauce on a steak don't be. It was a nice tangy sauce that went just fine on the steak. It wasn't like the overly sweet Hunts or Kraft you buy at the store. This went well on the fillet imo. Plus it was a rather thin sauce more along the consistancy of steak sauce rather than the thick stuff.
BIL got what IMO was an outstanding 14 oz strip. I must confess that I prefer the flavor of the strip to the filet even though it's not quite as tender a cut. And this strip didn't disappoint. There's no way I could have eaten the 14 oz cut though. I just wasn't hungry enough even after doing a water park all day because we had loaded up on food prior. And I don't like to waste food so I ordered the 7 oz and was not disappointed in that either.

For Desert, the Wife got the Ice cream with the strawberries and balsemic. She reported it was not to her liking. I tried it and must admit I didn't care for it either. The flavors clashed rather than contrasted if you know what I mean. I had the Creme Brulet. I must admit I'm not the biggest fan of it, but this was very good as that dish goes. BIL got cake and it was just OK.

The Kiddo got a salad for his appetizer, which I ended up eating. It was a nice salad for a kid's appetizer I thought. I wish they'd have had something else as he wasn't going to get the cheddar cheese soup.
He also got the 6 oz steak. Can you see my ears turning red and steaming. Someone just violated my pet peve. This steak was an insult to the kiddo. It was a sirloin of lesser grade. ARRRRRRRRRRGH!!!! Please don't insult the kids. Don't patronize them. They are just as capable as adults of enjoying the same quality meals you serve them. I ended up sharing my steak with the kiddo and picking out the good parts of the kiddo's steak. For desert he chose the Ice Cream wihich was well ice cream.

Service. The service was excellent the whole night. Food came promptly. Service was friendly and efficient. She definitely earned her tip. We were out of there in about an hour and a half so we got out of there before Illuminations.

Value for the money and/or credit.
We found it well worth a credit. I certainly would go there again. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Some of us will change a couple things we order, the kid won't be a kid next trip, and I'm going to save room for that 14 oz next trip. That was yummy. I found it enough to eat, but only because we got the appetizers and deserts and I was rather looking to eat on the light side. So it was well worth a credit. This is the one that finally knocked Chef Mickey's off the #1 perch. It ended up #2 on the places we ate that trip behind Spoodles, which had a wonderful calamari appetizer.
Value for the money. Here I think is where I would probably not suggest Le Cellier. The steaks are over $30 when all is said and done. The portions are a bit small and the little sides you get with them are small as well. I just don't see paying $30 and having to order another $15 of appetizer and desert, or having to buy a burger somewhere else to fill up. There is the 14 oz but it too is lacking in the portions on the side and not everyone wants 14 oz of steak and 2 oz of sides in their meal. I'd have liked to see more of the sides. Sure 7 oz of steak should be plenty. But put a decent amount of other stuff with it. I got maybe one spoon ful of potatoes. So I do not suggest Le Cellier if one is paying. I found other places more reasonable for their dollar costs that were certainly almost as good. Again don't take this the wrong way. Le Cellier certainly was good and we loved it and suggest it. But save it for a trip on the meal plan or get lunch.

All in all it was a wonderful experience with just the few problems, which were easily overcome.

Hey at least you write reviews! I always mean to, but just end up reading other peoples! Great review, thanks for sharing ;)

Thank you for your great reviews! I just read your review of the Biergarten and am catching up on your other reviews. Hmmm ... I love a filet, but I might change to the 14 oz strip. We're going at the start of our trip ... plus we'll have just been to Chef Mickey's the night before and I always get the filet there.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter