leaving dog @ best friends pet kennel while park time?

firemanx

DIS Veteran
anybody use the kennel while perusing the parks we will have our own car & staying @AoA picking him up after finish parks bringing him back dropping off morning has anybody tryed this successfully?

I hadn't even see that they day care. But I haven't looked in a while, we board our guy at home
The kennel company is a good one.
They are nationwide, a franchise
You may look for one near you and test them out
While the workers are obviously different the policies are the same and they should have a similar type of worker from location to location.

I haven’t personally but I know a few have mentioned it over on the Camping boards if you wanted to head over there for info/reviews.

Is AoA a resort that allows pets?
They do offer boarding for the day but I think you need a reservation for it. They allow pet drop-offs an hour before park opening and you have up to an hour after park closing to pick your pet up.

Is AoA a resort that allows pets?
They do offer boarding for the day but I think you need a reservation for it. They allow pet drop-offs an hour before park opening and you have up to an hour after park closing to pick your pet up.
Yes, in the little mermaid section

We used them in August while waiting out Hurricane Dorian. We were staying at Riverside, so it was close and convenient to the kennel. We wanted a long day in the parks without worrying about going back to the room to walk the dogs. We called with very little notice and they had availability only because of cancellations due to the hurricane. I would call well in advance to make sure they have availability.

We dropped them off in the morning. They ran a comb through their fur to check for fleas right at the door. I also had their vet papers which proved their vaccinations. We have 2 standard dachshunds, and they were able to share a kennel. The CMs took them back and that was that. We elected to have them bathed while we were there, and that was an additional fee. We picked them up at the end of the day. We had a long day in the parks and the dogs were happy when we got there.

This was the first time we stayed with dogs in our room, and it will probably be the last. Not that we don't love our dogs, but Mousekeeping will not enter your room to service it unless you call them and tell them that you're taking your dogs out for a walk. And just because you call them and tell them you're removing your dogs, don't expect them to be right there to service your room. They will get there as soon as they can, but it may take more time than you anticipate. They give you a door hanger with Pluto on it which denotes a dog in the room. There are also a list of rules for having your dogs with you which was given to us at check in.

Have a great trip!

We have used Best Friends more than once. Left our with them in July 2018 for I think 5 days while we enjoyed the parks with the DS, DDIL and grandkids. They are fine, no problems, they did call me one day because of a little diarrhea which they said was common, just wanted to give him some pumpkin food that seemed to help that, had to have the ok from us to do that. Must have all vaccinations including the flu, which were we live is not a big thing and very rare so had to look for a couple of vets that had the vaccine to give. ETA: We are leaving him there again this October when we go to WDW.

Yes, in the little mermaid section
Wow I’m glad you said that! Didn’t realize it was only certain rooms. We’ve never stayed in Mermaid (just Cars and LK); we’d need a suite or two rooms.... Do you know what areas of the resort your pet is allowed to go (obviously leashed)? Is this info actually published on the Disney website somewhere?

Wow I’m glad you said that! Didn’t realize it was only certain rooms. We’ve never stayed in Mermaid (just Cars and LK); we’d need a suite or two rooms.... Do you know what areas of the resort your pet is allowed to go (obviously leashed)? Is this info actually published on the Disney website somewhere?
it's on the main page of AoA
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/r...n-resort/?CMP=ILC-DPFY17Q4wo1012171018170005Chttps://origin-dscribe.s3.amazonaws...nimation-resort-pet-policy-card-daar-0218.pdf

apparently the Cars section is also pet friendly now, when they first started this back in 2017 it was only LM

We've used Best Friends before for day boarding.

Pros were that the dog seemed to have fun and he was well looked after, as evidenced by detailed notes about his day and touring the facility. (They had a play yard out back with kiddie pools and playthings.)

Cons were that they wanted to give the dog a "flea bath" even though the flea comb at intake indicated no fleas or flea dirt, AND we had documentation that he was on a flea and tick pill monthly. They put a lot of pressure on us to sign the paper authorizing the flea bath but we refused (since there was no need and there is such a thing as toxicity from too many chemicals). The other thing is that he developed kennel cough (despite having the vaccination) and had green goop coming out of his eyes a day or two after visiting. I would have some eye ointment on hand as it's hard to get it when down there without a vet visit. I felt bad the dog got sick, too, and couldn't have felt well on the car ride home.

apparently the Cars section is also pet friendly now, when they first started this back in 2017 it was only LM

Now I’m wondering if what the front desk CM at AoA last month told me is accurate. She stated that only one building was pet-friendly and that was in the LM section by the jogging path. There were several dogs barking for hours and being walked around our building in an uncontrolled way despite our building supposedly not being the pet-designated one. She didn’t mention the rooms over in the Cars section.

I asked and she said it was possible to request a non-pet building but it doesn’t seem like there is clear guidelines and enforcement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter