leaving in 2 days...any suggestions???

katibelle

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

Here we are, myself, DH (married 13 years), DD 6 and DS 11, are headed to Orlando Friday morning.....we can't wait. We spent our honeymoon at Disneyworld, but have never been back. Whole new experience for the kids!

Here are our plans. Any suggestions? tips??

Saturday....Islands of Adventure...DD is EXTREMELY exicted about Dr. Seuss (to be honest, I (the elementary teacher) am too!:D

Sunday....Magic Kingdom....the whole day....PS at the Crystal Palace for a late lunch buffet....finish with the fire works.

Monday....MGM....PS at Sci-Fi for another late lunch....I know the food isn't supposed to be good, but DS has his heart set on it!

Tuesday......Universal Studios.....family vote was for the Classic Monsters' Cafe for our meal......and how scary are some of the rides....will the 6 yr old be frightened?

Wednesday.....NOTHING....just sleep and swim

Thursday.....Animal Kingdom.....Fantasmic dinner package for the late show *Mama Melroses

Friday....return to US/IOA

Saturday....EPCOT....character breakfast at Garden Grill...conclude with Illuminations

Sunday.....home again...but might try another character breakfast before leaving....any suggestions???

Hope this isn't too long.....any help would be great....we are dancing with anticipation.....it feels like the commercial around here where no one can sleep because they are going to Disney World.

OH, and I just discovered this web-site in the last couple of days....but WOW! what great info.

Katibelle

Make sure you get to AK early--getting everywhere early is a good idea (but you probably know that). I juest came back and went on the safari at 9:05 and was pleasantly surprised how many animals were up and about ...they were also CLOSE...I doulc have kissed a giraffe a rhino!

Also, I went to sci-fi dine in and was very surprised...it was my favorite dining experience. I had the apple honey walnut chicken salad sandwich and my boyfriend had the black forest ham sandwich...both were good---the chips were a bit odd. and we had some type of poundcake with berries for dessert---very good. Go with an open mind--I'm not sure I would order any exotic meals (I think of most of the places like that as Applbees--stick to things you know are hard to mess up) BUT do enjoy the surroundings. Also a lot of kids seemed to be drinking some glow in the dark kiddie cocktail and they were pretty pleased...kids also seemed to walk out with frisbees so i'm sure your children will like it ;)

also, if you want something to fo on your off day...i would suggest Disney Quest....it was a lot of fun...all indoors so you avoid the sun and heat (so it is refreshing) and a lot of fun...many of the games you could do as a family.

hope you have a great trip!

It sounds Great!! And have tons of Fun!!

Your days sound really long though. And that is extra hard on even well behaved kids,not to mention Adults!!

You will want to think about renting a stroller not only for kids, but to carry your insulated soda carrier,a batch of snacks[got to keep kids feed so they aren't cranky],and your Wal-Mart Britta sports filter bottles[florida water is stinky and tastes bad[and may make sulfar sensitive people sick[big debate here about whether it is the water, but in any case you will want to be safe,P.s. ice in cokes and teethbrushing!! ]and any thing you may buy[but you will want to shop at the Disney and Universal Discount Stores, at Belz Discount Stores,and Priemer Factory Stores,and Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores],buying one or two umbella stollers in Orlando, or taking a stroller,the airline will let you drive it right up to the gate,then they stow it,and when you arrive at your destination the stroller is waiting for you!![if you don't think you will need one,Check out the stroller posts over on Disney Family Board]

You don't say where you are staying whether on site or off?? If you are on site take advantage of Early Entry Mornings or E nights[this is a $12. per person ride bracelet that allows your family to stay late after reg. closing. Then you get to walk on 10 rides that have long lines in the day time] Also if you are onsite lots of families take a nap,swimming,lunch break at the hottest times of day then return to the parks after it cools off alittle.

If you are staying off site then go to the parks on days that are not Early Entry.

you will need

Fannypacks for all - to carry snacks and sunglasses and spending money

Travel sickness medicine,Meclizine HCI 25mg chewable tablets at Wal-greens over the counter just ask the pharmysist. and take them the night before you board the plane,[Adults one to two tablets and children 1/2 tablet]they are 24hr pills,so just take at bedtime each night of your trip and all will be free from motion sickness!!

Well Broken in Shoes- to keep blisters to a minimium and carry extra sox[so you have dry ones!!]and this is no time to be a fashion plate!!

moleskin for blisters and sissors to cut it

sunscreen - [the spray on kind works better than creme,also it doesn't get hot and run or get rubbed into little eyes!!]

2 gal. Ziplock bags - to pack clothes into outfits for kids[and you]pack sox,undies,pants,shirt, then it packs easier[you can squeeze out the air!!]and kids can get dress easier.

Sunglasses for all

Mistyfans - at Wal-Mart $7. they keep you cooler and they cost $18. to $20 in the parks!!

Bottled water

Canned sodas or Juice boxes or pouches

A collapsable Cooler -[sears has one on wheels with a handle like luggage] to cool soda,juice.and milk for breakfast in your room to safe time and money!!

Directions to Wal-Mart Super store,where you can buy 4ft sub sandwiches for dinnerand Aquafina[not bottled in florida] Bottled water, Soda,Juice and anything you forgot!

Directions to Belz,Priemer and Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores!![this will save you a ton of money!]

Well, thats all I can remember right now!!

Have a great trip!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :jester: :bounce: :cool:

Thanks for all the wonderful tips.....and the reassurance about the restaurant. Look for trip reports in 10 days!!

We just got back and let me tell you it is HOT!!!! Course we northerners aren't as used to it.

My family thought I was nuts for wanting to carry around big fan bottles but they were sure grateful once we got there! Animal Kingdom in particular is very hot - no breeze and no indoors with air conditioning. Get a fastpass for Kali and then get another one as soon as you can - it feels wonderful!;)

Have a great time!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter