Leaving luggage at a different resort (not where you are staying)

MaidMarian444

Mouseketeer
Hi, we are trying to strategize the best way to make an 8:40 am ADR at Grand Floridian on our first day arriving at WDW, staying at the Beach Club.
Our WDW stay starts on a Sunday and we are spending the previous night (Saturday night) at an off-site hotel 25 minutes away. We have a 6 yr old and an 8 yr old.

Would it be possible for us to Uber to the GF with our luggage on Sunday morning and leave our luggage at the GF while we eat breakfast and then as we tour MK? Then we could go back to GF, get our luggage and head to Beach Club and get into our room.

I am worried that Ubering from our off-site hotel to BC, then getting another Uber to GF will be too time-consuming for this slowpoke family and we'll miss our 8:40 breakfast.

I've also thought about renting a car on Saturday, driving it to GF and parking with our luggage in the car, then letting my husband skip MK and take the car after breakfast back to the BC, storing our luggage, then returning the rental car to a nearby agency with free shuttles back to the resorts or park. But that also seems too complicated.

Anyone else have any ideas or know whether we can leave our luggage at GF even if we are not staying there?

Thank you!

Hi, we are trying to strategize the best way to make an 8:40 am ADR at Grand Floridian on our first day arriving at WDW, staying at the Beach Club.
Our WDW stay starts on a Sunday and we are spending the previous night (Saturday night) at an off-site hotel 25 minutes away. We have a 6 yr old and an 8 yr old.

Would it be possible for us to Uber to the GF with our luggage on Sunday morning and leave our luggage at the GF while we eat breakfast and then as we tour MK? Then we could go back to GF, get our luggage and head to Beach Club and get into our room.

I am worried that Ubering from our off-site hotel to BC, then getting another Uber to GF will be too time-consuming for this slowpoke family and we'll miss our 8:40 breakfast.

I've also thought about renting a car on Saturday, driving it to GF and parking with our luggage in the car, then letting my husband skip MK and take the car after breakfast back to the BC, storing our luggage, then returning the rental car to a nearby agency with free shuttles back to the resorts or park. But that also seems too complicated.

Anyone else have any ideas or know whether we can leave our luggage at GF even if we are not staying there?

Thank you!

Why don’t you just check in on line, then all of you can take an Uber to the BC and drop off your luggage with bell services, then continue on (by your Uber) to the GF?

Why not make a breakfast ADR at BC or another Boardwalk area restaurant?

One Uber ride with luggage, leave at your resort, after breakfast bus to MK.

Or, quick easy breakfast, one stop at BC to drop luggage, bus to MK and plan a late ADR there around 10:30?

Lots of options without too much criss crossing & without splitting the group

Last edited:

You can absolutely leave your luggage with bell services and pick it up later. I've done this at the Poly and also at WL. There was no problem. They give you a claim check, which you may lose, then you'll describe your luggage, and they'll find it, because they're that good.

You should be totally fine doing that. You’re staying at a Disney hotel so either way they’re watching your luggage and you’ll be tipping whoever helps you...so the guys will be more than happy to help you! Plus, they aren’t going to make you miss your reservation or take your bags to the restaurant! Once they check your bags, they’ll be safe til you come back for them.

I’ve done this type of thing in the past...for example, the last time we were at Disney we stayed at the contemporary and had a Ohana breakfast before heading to the airport. We brought our bags with us from the contemporary, checked them with the bellman at the Poly and then picked them up when we called for our Uber. It was no problem at all.

I've done this a few times most recently at the CR on our arrival day having brunch at the CA Grill and staying at the Boardwalk. You won't have any issues. Seems like you have a nice start to your vacation and it would be a shame for anyone to miss out. Have fun!

Why not make a breakfast ADR at BC or another Boardwalk area restaurant?

One Uber ride with luggage, leave at your resort, after breakfast bus to MK.

Or, quick easy breakfast, one stop at BC to drop luggage, bus to MK and plan a late ADR there around 10:30?

Lots of options without too much criss crossing & without splitting the group
I should have clarified, this is the first Sunday in December and character breakfasts are booked to the brim! We're in a party of 8 (the other four-person family is in same predicament as us, staying off-site on Saturday night) and we were lucky to snag the one we have! We do plan to keep looking if a breakfast ADR opens up a little later in the morning or a Crystal Palace lunch.

I would uber all to BC, one adult gets out with the luggage and goes to check in, storing luggage. Rest of family continues on to GF, in the uber. Person dropped off taxis to GF. Maybe 15 minute gap. Hell, maybe the Uber would wait for you to check in..

They'll probably even transfer your luggage to the Beach Club. They do it when you do a split stay. It's worth asking, for sure.

I should have clarified, this is the first Sunday in December and character breakfasts are booked to the brim! We're in a party of 8 (the other four-person family is in same predicament as us, staying off-site on Saturday night) and we were lucky to snag the one we have! We do plan to keep looking if a breakfast ADR opens up a little later in the morning or a Crystal Palace lunch.
I did this last trip. Went to breakfast at O’Hana, left our luggage with the Bellman then picked it up later that day .

I can't confirm whether storing your luggage at a different resort is permitted, but if its not, I'm not sure how bell services would know. We stored our luggage at Art of Animation (where we were staying) last week and they just took my name. Didn't ask for any reservation details or look anything up before I left. So I think you'd be fine to store it at GF. I personally would take my chances rather than stopping at BC first, which just adds time to an already early morning. The only benefit would be its one less stop you'd have to make later in the day.

Thanks for all of the helpful responses, these boards are great.

Would we we have any trouble getting into MK if we don't stop first at our hotel?

Another question is would we have a better chance of getting our room preference if we stopped at our hotel early before heading into the parks?

Would we we have any trouble getting into MK if we don't stop first at our hotel?
I believe you'd need to complete online check-in if your tickets are part of your package. But if you do that, no reason to stop at your hotel first. We did this last week - took an Uber to our resort, dropped our bags, and headed straight to the park. No issue with the tickets that were part of our package, and we did complete online check-in.

Another question is would we have a better chance of getting our room preference if we stopped at our hotel early before heading into the parks?
No, it makes no difference. Rooms are assigned days in advance. Just make sure your request is noted on your reservation by calling in advance. You can also select additional options during online check-in, as well as notate your arrival time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!