Leaving Magic Kingdom after fireworks

Okiemom

Mouseketeer
i was thinking of transportation other than bus back to Pop Century after the fireworks. The grandkids will be so tired after the long day, I checked into Disney Vans to take us to hotel, but it looks like Lyft picks you up at transportation center. Wouldn’t that be a ways to walk?

Has anyone done this? We can do the buses, but I figure it will be a zoo with everyone leaving same time.

You can use the Minnie van service and get picked up from the MK, to get to TTC you would have to go my monorail or ferry - which at that point you should just use the bus

A Minnie Van can come directly to MK. Otherwise you could walk to the Contemporary and get picked up there by a Lyft/Uber/Mears. Mears is usually just lurking about.

You'll either want to just take the bus from MK to your resort or walk to the Contemporary and get an Uber from there

A Minnie Van can come directly to MK. Otherwise you could walk to the Contemporary and get picked up there by a Lyft/Uber/Mears. Mears is usually just lurking about.
Ok, maybe I didn’t read it right on Lyft. If it came directly to MK that might be an option

i was thinking of transportation other than bus back to Pop Century after the fireworks. The grandkids will be so tired after the long day, I checked into Disney Vans to take us to hotel, but it looks like Lyft picks you up at transportation center. Wouldn’t that be a ways to walk?

Has anyone done this? We can do the buses, but I figure it will be a zoo with everyone leaving same time.
Word of warning, there are very few Minnie Vans and a whole lot of other folks who think the same way you do, that it's a good idea to try to call them at park closing. They are VERY hard to get then. Odds are high you'll wait as long to get one as you will to go ahead and go to your bus stop, wait for a bus and ride to Pop. Trust me, I've tried several times and not once have we managed to luck into finding a Minnie Van at park closing. I mean, sure someone does, but it sure is not ever us.

You'll want to keep an eye open for Surge pricing with Lyft or Uber too, since that's still a prime time for usage in the area.

Also, realize that Disney does know that park close is high volume and usually sends a run of buses so yeah, there can be a lot of folks waiting but most of the time there are a lot of buses coming too. And they tend to use the extended buses for the big resorts (which is why they are at those far off stops, so there's room for the big buses)

just remember that any form of transportation you decide on there will many others who are doing for same reason. so there will most likely be a wait. unless you can walk on water there is no way to walk to TTC from MK

I know you said your Grandkids will be very tired but just sitting in the hub grass for 30-45 minutes after the fireworks are over is such a stress free, beautiful end to the day. I'll never understand why people join the mass of humanity on Main Street just to do the slow shuffle out of the park and wait for transportation.
Enjoy the sights, sounds and smells. Also, about 30 minutes after HEA, the short projection show Once Upon a Time plays.

I am not sure the exact time when we will leave the MK next week, but if it is around the time everyone else does, we are just gonna find a place to sit back for a while.

If it is a day where the park stays open after the fireworks, go on some rides with little to no wait while everyone else leaves from the fireworks and then leave. You will likely get back to the hotel at the same or similar time and you will have enjoyed rides instead of standing in line for a bus.

If the park closes with the fireworks, enjoy some of the shops and such or sit and people watch in the hub for a while, then leave.

Either way will be more relaxing than waiting.

Fireworks at 9:15, park closes at 10. Will probably make a dash at 9. Even though I haven't seen the new castle show, I am just not one for such. Am I making a mistake, should I really see the show or take that last hour to ride more rides and what not?

Fireworks at 9:15, park closes at 10. Will probably make a dash at 9. Even though I haven't seen the new castle show, I am just not one for such. Am I making a mistake, should I really see the show or take that last hour to ride more rides and what not?
Unless you have a significant reason to rush out yeah, I'd stick around. Crowds only drop that last hour. You can get in quite a few rides and the show is lovely

Unless you have a significant reason to rush out yeah, I'd stick around. Crowds only drop that last hour. You can get in quite a few rides and the show is lovely
Much more likely to do the rides then. I just have a hard time standing/sitting still to watch a show. In almost 24 years of marriage, me and my husband have went to about 5-6 movies total. But I have done several Disney On Ice shows though.

Personally, I didn't care for the fireworks show and definitely not enough to put up with the crowds. I would stay in the park, but go on rides during the fireworks and stay until park closing, take your time in the shops on the way out and the buses should have no real wait. Even if you see the fireworks, go ride Jungle Cruise and maybe even see the Tiki Room (if still open at that time of night) and such after thetfireworks before leaving the park

just remember that any form of transportation you decide on there will many others who are doing for same reason. so there will most likely be a wait. unless you can walk on water there is no way to walk to TTC from MK
:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter