Leaving Sunday, Need Assurance

maddiezoots

Earning My Ears
Tell me I'm being paranoid. Tell me we should still go. Tell me its the best place on earth. I am so afraid :( It would be one thing if it were me and my husband, but it is me and my two little ones. I keep thinking I shouldn't put them in harms way. Has anyone else cancelled?

We flew to wdw only 6 weeks after 9/11. I was scared then, but we got on that plane. But now I'm even more worried...

Would you still go?

I agree...if I could go right now, I would.

I have three children and I think it would be good to get out of the war mode.
Kids and parents, too need to have fun!

Lisajl

Well maddiezoots, that makes two of us. We're leaving on Friday, and I have to admit I'm nervous. But as of this moment, we are still planning on going. We too were at WDW around a month after 9/11, and we also were nervous then too. We watched a lot of news on that vacation, but we still had a nice time. I guess we will do the same this time. Hope you guys have a good vacation! :D

Go - you're probably safer at WDW than anywhere. Remember, our government consulted with Disney after 9/11 with regards to security and crowd control.

We leave 3/29. Can't wait!

Now, if it were a trip to my local Six Flags - no way in heck!

You have to be comfortable with your own decision. I say go to Disney and make wonderful memories with your children that will
last a lifetime. There are no assurances in life no matter where you are, or what you are doing. Rely on your faith, keep your eyes open, and have a great time with you kids!

Please go - and enjoy your trip. I guarantee you that once you are there you will no doubt forget your fears and concerns. The magic will envelop you and you will have a wonderful time.

If I could go back right now, I would do so. We came home last Sunday night. Don't let the world condition take this wonderful opportunity away from your family. Do you know the song "The Prayer?"

"I pray you'll be our eyes, and watch us where we go...
And help us to be wise in times when we don't know...
Let this be our prayer, when we lose our way..
Lead us to the place, guide us with your grace
To a place where we'll be safe.
I pray we'll find your light, and hold it in our hearts
When stars go out each night,
remind us where you are.
Let this be our prayer, when shadows fill our day...
Help us find a place, guide us with your grace
Give us faith so we'll be safe."

Go on your trip. Have faith. Be safe.

GO!!!
We leave in 14 days... there is no thought in my mind of cancelling our trip. Look on the bright side... It is usually a busy time at WDW but with travel being slow- think shorter lines (LOL)! Just think of the excitement on you kids face when you get worried. Have a GREAT trip and forget about the "real world".

Maddiezoots, I feel for you! Try to keep in mind how short the first gulf war was...perhaps things will bcome resolved soon. You are right, it is so hard when it comes to the safety of your children. Especially LITTLE children, who can't run or have their wits about them. We have three under age five, so I understand. Having said that, we are still going in May. We were scheduled to go ON Sept. 11, but postponed for October, that worked well for us. You have to do what you feel comfortable with, but do remember that even if you DO go the great probability is that you will be fine. I do NOT believe WDW is "safer" than anywhere else, common sense tells you it would obviously be a target, but the likelihood, IMO, of anything happening is still small.

I agree with what deirdrefitch said. You need to be comfortable with your decision and there are no assurances in life no matter where you are, or what you are doing. Disney, I believe has taken every possible precaution to assure the safety of their guests. If you truly feel your family is in danger, don’t go.
Otherwise, what kinda of message will it send to our children about the world we’re living in if its not safe enough to go to Disney. Would it be safe anywhere? It would be like the terrorist have won. Having children myself, I understand your feelings. I would give it a second though too. But when it comes down to it, it’s your decision. Best of luck
-Kim
PS I can feel the terror in your post, isn’t that what “they” want?

Disney is a wonderful escape! It's a great place to go and live in the magic and fantasy for a few days. We're heading down there ourselves in a week and can't wait. :)

I can understand your fears, we do live in uncertain times, but a vacation could be just what you need. Remember that the security is tighter than ever now. I say go and have fun!

We are going on March 29th! I am very nervous ( My mother sent me an e-mail begging us to reconsider which freaked me out!) However - something bad could happen anywhere-even at your local mall. We can't let them scare us! Keep in mind that it took years to plan 9/11 - and we were not as security conscience as we are now. Now that we are all very aware - and have many strong security measure in place -I think we are as safe at wdw as we always have been. GO GO GO unless there is a very specific warning from george W to avoid travel to this area--Have a magical trip and God Bless America.

Also all of these posts have been a comfort to me and are giving me to confidence to go --Thanks!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter