Leaving things in strollers while on rides?

I know when you park your stroller in a certain area when you go into a show, but is it possible to lock your stroller to something?

When we are at Six Flaggs last year we chain locked (bike chain/combo lock) the stroller to something when we had to leave it behind.

I am not so worried about what we leave behind in the stroller. It's the stroller itself. It's on the expensive side. I thought about buying a cheap one just for our trip, but DS loves his stroller.

I've bought some things (shiney stars) to glue to the stroller and I like the idea about the metallic ribbons (will go buy some today) and I can't find a name plate w/DS's name or I would do that too).

What else do you all attach to your stoller?

FYI...the purple star ribbon is on a wire, and can be found at most Dollar Trees or Party City. It looks soooo good! Also, re: the personalized nameplate, we bought a blank one at Walmart - it looks like your state license plate. We ended up buying a blank one because they didn't have our DD's name, and the blank ones have abc stickers in them. But, I used pretty abc stickers from the scrapbooking section at Walmart! And, then we drilled holes in the front of the childs tray to hang the tag. Too cute! :p

cinjam,

You cannot attach your stroller to something at WDW because the cast members have to move them sometimes.

BUT people have brought those chains and attached the chain to each wheel of the stroller so that it's useless because it won't roll and work properly.

Thank you for the great suggestions (blank name plate & chaining the tires). I am headed to Walmart this afternoon.

Well for the first time last may someone stole my DD mister fan off (was tied on to the stroller) the stroller
so yes people will steal. We have had other trips w/o trouble.

We basically never left anything that would be too difficult or expensive to replace. Working on the assumption that thievery exists at WDW, but isn't rampant we generally did not leave wallets, cameras and camcorders, or a beloved lovey. We did occasionally leave bags of purchases-- not cheap, and we would have hated to have them stolen, but the risk was worth being unencumbered on the Tower of Terror.

We had a stroller "stolen" years ago at Disneyland. Now, I quote that because it may have been a case of mistaken identity. So many strollers look alike and someone may have simply taken it by mistake, left it somewhere, and returned for their own. However, that's the "benefit of the doubt" side of me. Since then, I haven't left anything on a stroller that I didn't mind losing forever. Also, I use the rental ones at the parks since it isn't worth stealing (makes it easier on the trams, buses, boats, etc) My youngest is 6 now so thank goodness I won't have to deal with that issue anymore. Good luck to all of you who still have to - been there, done that, feel your pain.;)

We had the whole stroller disappear once in Toontown. Disney replaced it because we had the stroller receipt. On our last trip we had just rented the stroller at MK and then saw Dopey as we passed under the bridge. We parked the stroller and stood in line for his autograph. Suddenly DH says, isn't that our stroller that man is walking off with? It was. I ran after him and grabbed the stroller back. No apology from him.

On the other hand we have left replacable, cheap items in the stroller with no problem. When DS was 18 months old he pooped all over himself and DH on CoP, his diaper leaked. DH had to buy a new shirt and DS got a whole new outfit. We left the dirty ones in the stroller in a plastic bag we got with our new purchases. No one tried to steal it:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter