leaving tomorrow and forgot Dr. note for GAC

kimba

Mouseketeer
Can someone confirm for us that we can still get a GAC for my 5yr old DS who has autism even without a Doctor note? I forgot to get him to write one and now it is too late. Can I just explain to them his issues or have it written down to hand to them?

Originally posted by kimba
Can someone confirm for us that we can still get a GAC for my 5yr old DS who has autism even without a Doctor note? I forgot to get him to write one and now it is too late. Can I just explain to them his issues or have it written down to hand to them?

They are not allowed to ask for nor read any doctor's note.
It is against the laws of the ADA.
You tell them what you need.

As McCall said, a note from a doctor is not required.

You must have him with you when you go to thew Guest Services at whichever park you go to first. You will have to explain not his diagnoses, but what his needs are.

Skipping lines completely is not an allowable request. Some things are using a stroller as a wheelchair, avoiding noise, need to avoid prolonged lines, etc. It might allow some use of an alternate entrance or use of fastpass line without fastpass.

The GAC will be valid for the user and remaining members of the party, but not more than six people in total.

It will be valid at all the WDW parks rthrough your date of departure.

I've been getting a GAC from Guest Services for a few years now & have never had to have a doctor's note. I just explain to the CM what I have had in the past on my GAC & briefly why I need it. No problems! CMs have been very helpful.

We got back just over a week ago. We got a GAC at MGM for son who has autism without a Dr's note. (We looked very frazzled and kids were running all over the Guest Services office, so that may have unintentionally helped us.)
Don't worry about it, but get the GAC it was a great help!
Have fun.

We just got back from a long trip to WDW.
We got a GAC in MK without a doctor's note.
Like the others said, just be prepared to explain what sorts of difficulties you will need assistance with. As Cheshire Figment mentioned, you don't need to go into detail about a diagnosis (although the CMs will undoubtably be familiar with autism, not all people with autism have the same needs).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter