Left over snacks!!

tangledmermaid

Earning My Ears
Inevitably we have a tonne of snacks left over from our holiday and only two days left on plan before they're of no use. Last year we bought a few bags of pretty dismal sweets to take back home but a few days ago I popped into big top treats and thought I'd much rather take a bunch of their delicious snacks home with me! Would I be able to have the snacks bagged so that they last the trip home? Obviously I'm not going to eat seventeen (yes, SEVENTEEN left) rice crispie treats in one go.

Thanks x

We have visited main street bakery and they have nice already wrapped Mickey rice krispie treats on a stick that are a snack credit. We have taken quite a number home with us on several occasions and they have survived the flight fine. I'm sure that if you asked them to wrap things or put them in a box they would be happy to do so.

Gosh, we had 30 snack credits left one trip (4 of us). We obviously didn't work the DDP very well that trip :sad2:. I stopped by Main Street Confectionary and got some nice wrapped snacks, and then stopped by the Contemporary Resort and they have a great snacks counter in one of their gift shops (can't remember what it's called). Anyway, they had some great selections and were so kind to box them up securely for me, and put them in a nice big bag. I was able to have that bag be my "carry on" on the plane 8-).

Oh, also another time I had a couple credits left and used them to buy bags of trail mix and mints in a little tin - just in any resort gift shop. They made great teacher gifts!

I always get rice krispie treats with mine they last fine and are a great way to stretch the holiday
The kids like to choose sweets with theirs though.

Anyway, they had some great selections and were so kind to box them up securely for me, and put them in a nice big bag. I was able to have that bag be my "carry on" on the plane 8-).

Did they 'last' as long as the wrapped ones did? I know the wrapped ones have a date of about a year on them but my boyfriend seems to think the fresh ones won't last as long.

Did they 'last' as long as the wrapped ones did? I know the wrapped ones have a date of about a year on them but my boyfriend seems to think the fresh ones won't last as long.
I wrapped them up and placed them in a freezer bag in our deep freezer once we got home and settled (about 24 hours later). We enjoyed them for 6 months and I thought they still tasted great! There were some chocolates, caramels, peanut butter cup and cookies. The Krispie treats we ate within a few days of getting home rather than trying to freeze.

The wrapped rice krispies we brought home lasted quite a while, several months at least. No alteration to the taste at all.

Rice Krispie treats from WDW do not last long enough at my house to worry about expirations!

Thank you all for your help. We ended up popping to candy cauldron in Disney Springs and getting a bar of chocolate each, some cookies and the rest rice krispie treats. The most expensive ones, naturally 😅

We were at Disney last week and had 7 snacks left as we were leaving the last day. We were at MK, so I went to the Main Street Confectionery and got goodies from the case (not pre-wrapped). The CM put each in a little paper wrapper and then all into a Disney shopping bag. I just took them on the plane like that, but as soon as we got home, I put everything into a big Ziploc. So far, the things we have eaten have still been very fresh.

I always plan to bring home snacks by having a variety of ziplocs in the hotel room to pack things for the trip home. It just makes things easier and they take up very little space on the trip down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!