Legoland FL help please!

Mmw37

Mouseketeer
We'll be heading down in Jan 2018 with our 2 boys, who will be 6 and 2.5. My older one has been begging to go to LLFL for a couple of trips now, so I promised we'd hit it this time. We're new DVC members and will be staying in the villas from Sat-Sat, and I was planning on checking out Sat morning and heading to LL. I thought we'd splurge and stay in their onsite hotel, and do the park all day Saturday and again Sunday morning before flying out. It looks like hours will be 10-6 and the water park will be closed.

Any advice on room selection, dining, etc.? I'm thinking we'll wind up renting a car and maybe fly in/out of Sanford if it's cheaper (there are direct flights from where we live). We're going to start our trip MLK weekend, so this will be the weekend after. I'm assuming it shouldn't be crazy busy. Any need to buy their front of the line passes or can we walk on most rides? My older boy was Kai from Ninjago for Halloween last year, and I know that ride is newer. Do they have anything like rider swap for things my 2 y/o can't ride?

Well, this may not be much, but all I can add is that: we felt the park was pretty awesome..the rides were all themed and surprisingly fun and I expected puny/lame rides...does that make sense? lol. Be very mindful of the time because some attractions had lengthy wait times and we found that we were not able to do everything in one day, however, I know I read you are doing 2 days..I kinda feel like that would be too much for my family. We need something in the middle. However, you have itty bitty ones so you will probably benefit a great deal to just taking your time for 2 days. Miniland is definitely something you don't want to skip, your boys won't be overly excited but you and the hubs will be impressed. The hotel will likely be PACKED...i wasn't that impressed and totally expected more to it. Just a lot of paint murals on the wall and a disco elevator. Dining..we only did park fast food and it was terrible. Have a great time, I think it is super cute. Costco has cheap tickets.

Last edited:
oh wait..i don't see your gender...so either you and the hubs or WIFE will be impressed. Sorry about that

You are thinking of flying out from Sanford on Sunday afternoon.

Please check your Time for getting to Sanford .... ( Work backwards )

Departure time ... Check in Time ....... Return Car ........... Drive from LEGOLAND .

Note From LEGOLAND onto Hwy 27 then to I-4 takes about 45 min

Then from I-4 ( Hwy 27 ) to Sanford VIA TOLL Road 417 will take an hour

( I-4 HAS Huge road works going through Orlando ( Universal Studios. to Altomont Sp. )

Will you have time for Sunday Morning Visit ?

I'm female with a husband :)
Haven't gotten so far as even checking flight times yet, so I have no idea what airline we'll be flying. Our choices from where we live are typically fly Allegiant, drive 2-3 hours to fly SW, or pay $450+Pp for a flight with layover(s) that takes all day. I've made no decisions on flights or airports, Sanford is only a possibility because we won't be using DME. We'll figure all that out when travel is closer. Definitely looking for more info about the park and hotel though!!

We spent two nights at the Legoland Florida Resort last August. We stayed in the hotel, the new beach things they have were not open yet. I thought the hotel was fantastic!!!! It is still my kids favorite. It is super close to the park. The rooms have a great set up to give parents privacy and my kids loved the bunk/trundle beds. There was an in-room scavenger hunt the kids loved. And the nightly lobby activities are awesome. (especially with the bar within view of where the kids play) Sign the kids up for a expert builder class. I wish we had done one each night.

The amusement park was nice. We have Sesame Place near us and we thought it was similar to that in level of theme-ing and thrill but LL is bigger. The thrill rides were at a nice level for my (then) 10, 8 & 5 year old. They were fine for me too. We were there in the remnants of a hurricane so it was empty. Everything was walk on, so I can't comment on lines. The water park was open when we were there it was fine but you aren't missing anything spectacular.

We thought food was lacking both at the park and the hotel. The hotel has 1 buffet restaurant and you can order food in the 'lounge'. The breakfast buffet was included and was fine for being free. We had one dinner at the same buffet restaurant and regretted it. The next night we went out and found a local place and enjoyed that.

I posted a trip report that goes into more detail. Our first two days were LL followed by Uni. https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...-trip-report-august-30-–-september-6.3565589/

Thanks for the trip report link. I haven't had a chance to read it yet but have it subbed.

not to hijack this thread but we are in a similar situation as the OP.

We are headed to Legoland Labor day weekend. We will be driving in and staying at an offsite hotel in winter haven (on points no switching there). We are moving up to WDW after a one day visit (staying over). We will be at the park on a Sunday. It feels so odd to be headed somewhere that I can't find ooodles of trip/touring plans for. Right now I am debating the waterpark with only one day. For reference my DD is 6 but way more into Ninjago and Nexo Knights than Friends. Right now I know driving school is a priority and since it looks like long waits will build, I am guessing we will hit that first. I would appreciate any thoughts anyone else may have.

Since everyone says the restaurants are bad, any luck with what is local? I like trying non chain restaurants.

@HHMcG we are big PSU fans too. Just finished your Legoland portion of your report. The hotel sounds awesome but I can't justify not using the free hotel we have. I actually had the Igloo place on my list of potential places to eat! Now if only I could get an upgrade so we could have a convertible for our rental car, it would go great at a drive in......well maybe not in the heat of september.

We'll be heading down in Jan 2018 with our 2 boys, who will be 6 and 2.5. My older one has been begging to go to LLFL for a couple of trips now, so I promised we'd hit it this time. We're new DVC members and will be staying in the villas from Sat-Sat, and I was planning on checking out Sat morning and heading to LL. I thought we'd splurge and stay in their onsite hotel, and do the park all day Saturday and again Sunday morning before flying out. It looks like hours will be 10-6 and the water park will be closed.

Any advice on room selection, dining, etc.? I'm thinking we'll wind up renting a car and maybe fly in/out of Sanford if it's cheaper (there are direct flights from where we live). We're going to start our trip MLK weekend, so this will be the weekend after. I'm assuming it shouldn't be crazy busy. Any need to buy their front of the line passes or can we walk on most rides? My older boy was Kai from Ninjago for Halloween last year, and I know that ride is newer. Do they have anything like rider swap for things my 2 y/o can't ride?

Thanks for the trip report link. I haven't had a chance to read it yet but have it subbed.

not to hijack this thread but we are in a similar situation as the OP.

We are headed to Legoland Labor day weekend. We will be driving in and staying at an offsite hotel in winter haven (on points no switching there). We are moving up to WDW after a one day visit (staying over). We will be at the park on a Sunday. It feels so odd to be headed somewhere that I can't find ooodles of trip/touring plans for. Right now I am debating the waterpark with only one day. For reference my DD is 6 but way more into Ninjago and Nexo Knights than Friends. Right now I know driving school is a priority and since it looks like long waits will build, I am guessing we will hit that first. I would appreciate any thoughts anyone else may have.

Since everyone says the restaurants are bad, any luck with what is local? I like trying non chain restaurants.

We are passholders and visit LL several times a year. We absolutely love it; it is just right (size- and intensity-wise) for DS4. We are going next month to spend his fifth birthday at the new LL Beach Resort.

@Mmw37, at the time of year you are talking about, I don't think you'll need the front of the line passes. Your longest lines will be for Ninjago (which is pretty cool) and the Dragon roller coaster. Most lines have a pen where kids can play Lego while parents stand in line, which makes lines more tolerable (at least for the kids). I've never stayed at the LL Hotel, which is right next to the entrance; the biggest complaint I've heard is that it's noisy.

@dalmatian7, the park and waterpark in just one day is a bit of a challenge. There are several splash pads throughout the park, so make sure to bring the kids' bathing suits. Grown-ups will just have to deal with the August in FL heat. There is one Chima ride that douses you pretty heavily with water; just keep in mind that in August in FL the humidity will keep you wet for a lot longer. The best way to do driving school (along with flying and boating school) is to head straight to the back of the park and work your way forward. This is generally my best advice by way of a "touring plan." BTW, you can't find more specific touring plans on LL (like you can for WDW) because they aren't that necessary. The park is much easier, slower-paced than other parks in the area. If you want to make a plan, check out a park map online and plan the rides you really want to do by park section from back to front of park. Food is universally bad throughout the park. There is a Publix right across the street. We get Publix subs on the way in to the park and eat them for lunch. I really can't suggest any local places. There's a Perkins and Ruby Tuesday within walking distance of the park (though I wouldn't walk it-- the parking lot is dangerous).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter