Legoland hotel vs beach resort

MarBee

DIS Veteran
Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels? I’m pricing out an April trip and the hotel is about $300 more for the weekend than the beach resort.

We’ve never been to Legoland at all. It would be DH, myself, and our 7&8 year olds.
Should we go for the weekend or stay off site at a resort and drive in for a day? If you think it’s worth a stay, would you do hotel or beach resort?

Any advice or tips are welcome!

We just got back from a trip yesterday.. my kids loved it most of our trip was centered on seaworld but we got the go orlando pass for three days. For 130 each it had unlimted attractions including legoland. It made it really affordable to take them to legoland plus a whole bunch of other attractions. We stayed at Sheraton vistana resort we paid 300 for 4 days. I just wanted to let you know about orlando go pass. It's on groupon right now.

Have you seen pictures and descriptions about what happens at the hotel? It is totally bananas, and would be a lifelong memory. That is why it is so expensive. The beach resort has some cool elements, and for many it may be the better place to stay. But the hotel is full-on Lego immersion to the nth degree.

That said, Legoland alone without either resort would be incredibly memorable for 7 & 8 yos. Only you can decide if the hotel element is worth the major increase in cost.

Do a search on this forum for other Legoland tips.

I personally despise Legoland, but my kids LOVE it. But I will say that the hotel was the best part of the Legoland experience. We stayed one night with the early check-in and late check-out. The room was nice (was the Lego Friends theming for my daughters), the food was OK, and the activities were pretty good (which was nice since the parks close so early).

We have not stayed in the beach resort, but I am not sure I would spend $300 more for the hotel... it's less convenient to get to the park, but not bad.

I wish they still had the early park access for hotel guests...

We have only stayed at the Beach Retreat. It's right behind the Publix that is across the street from the park-- less than a mile. If you are driving, you get the same parking privileges as guests in the hotel, and you can use the hotel security check. With those perqs to the Beach Retreat, I couldn't justify the higher cost of the Hotel. The Hotel does offer a lot, but the Beach Retreat had plenty to do when we were not at the park. FWIW, we did not feel like we were missing out on anything by not staying at the Hotel.

Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels? I’m pricing out an April trip and the hotel is about $300 more for the weekend than the beach resort.

We’ve never been to Legoland at all. It would be DH, myself, and our 7&8 year olds.
Should we go for the weekend or stay off site at a resort and drive in for a day? If you think it’s worth a stay, would you do hotel or beach resort?

Any advice or tips are welcome!
We stayed at the hotel that's on site last year. It made it super easy for a lot of reasons. About the hotel, the food was OK. Staying so close made going to the park and any park break unbelievably easy. Forget something in the room, walk right back. Want to use the bathroom in the room, walk right back. It's just right there at the park entrance, we could look down below our window and see it. They loved the pirate themed room and bunk bed. I thought it was cute, it's not over the top. My kids loved the pool, it's not much of one but they still liked it. I loved the grounds, lake on the back and you can get a smores kit, we didn't. Now, neither of mine did any of the night activities in the hotel, nor care to. The food was fine, not great, in my opinion. I felt a little lacking or bored at night, a little confined, as compared to say a larger hotel or obviously a Disney resort, can't say way, I think maybe because the park closes so early, and then it's just - there's the hotel. No where to really go except right there, unless you have a car. I mean the pool, sure, and walked the lake loop by the hotel. The lobby felt a little small. We did two days in Legoland, so overall I was glad we stayed there at the hotel on site. We spent a lot of time in the waterpark. I've never stayed at the beach resort, not sure if we'll go back again to the Legoland park mainly because mine are about aged out of Legoland.

We have only stayed at the Beach Retreat. It's right behind the Publix that is across the street from the park-- less than a mile. If you are driving, you get the same parking privileges as guests in the hotel, and you can use the hotel security check. With those perqs to the Beach Retreat, I couldn't justify the higher cost of the Hotel. The Hotel does offer a lot, but the Beach Retreat had plenty to do when we were not at the park. FWIW, we did not feel like we were missing out on anything by not staying at the Hotel.
Could you do the master build classes, etc, at the main hotel if you wanted to?

My family has stayed at the Legoland Hotel about 4 times lol and we only have 1 small child (8 years old) in our party. The hotel is so adorable and my son absolutely loves it. Breakfast is included I think at both locations. He has done the master build class twice and both times he got to take home his creation. He says the pajama party is lots of fun too. For a quick weekend getaway there is a ton to do in Legoland and with the hotel right there at the entrance it makes it so nice to return to the room. We have wanted to stay at the beach resort as well it looks just as cute. I don't think you would go wrong either way. We have also done the trip staying at the holiday inn which was great too, it just makes it even more special staying onsite in my opinion.

We are currently staying at the Legoland beach retreat resort until Aug 2nd if anyone has any questions I can try and answer.

Could you do the master build classes, etc, at the main hotel if you wanted to?

Yes, you can participate in all the activities at the hotel if your staying at the beach retreat. We visited the hotel this morning and I asked this. The only thing is you will need a car or plan to walk since all the activities are in the evening when the bus to and from the park stops or running is running on a limited schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter