Lei Welcome at Aulani

kcormier

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if they still welcome your arrival at Aulani with a Lei? If so, do you know what time they do this...I assume they aren't up all night! We land in Honolulu at 6am, and then will head over to the resort. If they don't start doing that welcome until later in the morning, I will kill a little time before arriving at the resort because I definitely want to start my trip at Aulani with an appropriate welcome! Any insight is helpful!

We were at Alulani in April and arrived around 1pm and were each given a lei. It was a lovely way to start our vacation.
I'm pretty sure that they do this for all new arrivals, regardless of what time you get to the resort as they are staffed for 24/7 arrivals.

We have arrived before 9am and received leis and beads on our trips last November and June. I don't know what time they start, but maybe someone who has checked in even earlier will chime in.

It was either a bell service person or valet that provided us with leis when we arrived around 10 or 11 PM so I think they try and catch everyone no matter what time they arrive.

We were just there two weeks ago...we arrived around 10 or 10:30 pm and we were presented with leis on our arrival. They are such a nice touch! The only downside was that the females received flower leis and they don't last. The leis the males received were some type of nut so they are still great!

I'm sure I'm the exception; we arrived around 4 PM. The guys took care of the car and luggage while the ladies went into the front desk. The front desk was surprised no one had met us and called one of the CM's from the welcoming desk to help. Meanwhile, here come our husbands with their nut leis around their necks. We did then receive orchid leis. My advice would be, don't be in a hurry to get out of your car and inside.

We arrived at 230 pm and did the on-line check in prior to our arrival! This I highly recommend! We were greeted with Orchid Lei for the DW and 12 year old DD, my 5 year old DD received a necklace with a small Menahuni, and my 10 year old DS and I received Macadamia Nut Leis. It was a very nice touch after experiencing a flight delay of 3 hours and arriving a little late to the resort!:beach:

If you check in online, they will ask your expected time of arrival, and then they will have your welcome packet along with the nut and flower leis ready for you when you exit your car. LOVED that they were so prompt at all that! Best service desk in the whole DVC system!

Do the online check in and you never even go to the front desk, someone will meet you when you get out of your car with leis and your welcome packet. Our greeter walked us over to the overlook of the valley and explained the location of things then sat us down and when through our packet with us. After that we were directed to our room. This was a great first impression of the property and it only got better from there! Have a great trip-Aulani is awesome!!!!

PS try the strawberry pie at Monkey Pods across the street-you won't be sorry!!!

Erika

Aulani is within a gated area. That means that the car needs to enter a gate and stop by security and you need to tell them where you are going. If you have a reservation with Aulani, they ask for names at that gate, so by the time you arrive Aulani's main entrance, they know who you are exactly, and there will be staff waiting for you there with leis.

It doesn't matter what time you arrive, you will get the lei welcome. You definitely don't need to wait for the lei time to start.

In addition, you can make your own fresh flower leis at Aulani. It is at the Pau Hana room, and it is free. I highly recommend this activity!

Aulani is within a gated area. That means that the car needs to enter a gate and stop by security and you need to tell them where you are going. If you have a reservation with Aulani, they ask for names at that gate, so by the time you arrive Aulani's main entrance, they know who you are exactly, and there will be staff waiting for you there with leis.

It doesn't matter what time you arrive, you will get the lei welcome. You definitely don't need to wait for the lei time to start.

In addition, you can make your own fresh flower leis at Aulani. It is at the Pau Hana room, and it is free. I highly recommend this activity!

Interesting! I wondered how they were so quick with meeting us at the car with our packet and leis!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter