Let’s just say we could all use a little Happiest Place on Earth Right now! Update 3/4

Following and de-lurking to say hello! The view from your room was amazing! Sorry that you didn't get good service at Trader Sam's, we do enjoy a nightcap there once in a while after a long day at the parks.

Off topic but I was a Starbucks barista in college many years ago, and the benefits were considered really good back then, but they seem even better now!

Following and de-lurking to say hello! The view from your room was amazing! Sorry that you didn't get good service at Trader Sam's, we do enjoy a nightcap there once in a while after a long day at the parks.

Off topic but I was a Starbucks barista in college many years ago, and the benefits were considered really good back then, but they seem even better now!

Ok so I have NO idea what going on with the quote function......:crazy:

@CallieMar You were a barista?! Starbucks has been so good to my girls. The benefits are incredible. They are getting 100% free tuition to ASU, offered full insurance benefits as well as Bean Stock and 401 options. :woohoo: If I didn't love my career, I'd work for Starbucks.

:thanks: for posting and reading along.

Re-entry is proving difficult this time. Probably because I have no future plans. As soon as I have something I will let you know. I was working on it yesterday. My skills in Photoshop are getting better and better!

Hope re-entry is being more kind to you. :hug: Excited to see you in just a few weeks.

I'm still here :hyper: :wave2:

What a great day besides the horrific Trader Sams debacle. Never received your appetizers??? They should have comped drinks :mad:

Look at all those CL yummies popcorn::

Why would they take out the cut through in the GC? How much sense does that make?

When's the next trip???

I agree that Trader Sam's should have comped the drinks too. I know I am a serving snob because I did it for so long but this was just terrible. :( I wanted DH to love it. I think it's my first Disney recommendation fail.

Next trip is April! :woohoo: Joshua and I will get a few days before Michael and the girls join us.

They switched up security for the resort. Now all of DTD, DL & DCA are behind security screening stations. People in the structure go through security before getting on the Tram. There is one near the DLH just before the ESPN zone for DTD, and the one on Harbor Blvd hasn't changed. Now at the GC they screen you in the hallway before entering DTD. It's really nice cause there's never a line. However it stinks for PPH and offsite guests. There is a guy on the corner of the GCH and West St checking room keys. The GCH has different colored ones than the other two resorts now. He sends all non guests over to the DTD gate near the DLH. You can drive on if you're a guest or certain other select groups.

Thanks for that info! That's a bummer for PPH guests.

I've been lurking and reading your report. . . I'm so sorry to read about TraderSam's. We have so enjoyed going there on past trips. Sounds like they need to handle their lines there like they efficiently handle them on their rides throughout the parks.

That's a great idea. They could also live on the edge and have a normal wait/host/seating system. LOL!

@CallieMar You were a barista?! Starbucks has been so good to my girls. The benefits are incredible. They are getting 100% free tuition to ASU, offered full insurance benefits as well as Bean Stock and 401 options. :woohoo: If I didn't love my career, I'd work for Starbucks.

Yes! I even stayed on after graduation, and made it to Assistant Store Manager. This was over 10 years ago. They offered full health benefits for part-time employees (which was pretty much unheard of back then), the Bean Stock (I still hold some of mine and it's appreciated nicely!) and 401k. Free tuition is amazing and that is awesome that your girls are taking advantage of it! I finally left because I wanted to move into a more "traditional" office management role, but if I could have gotten into corporate I probably would have stayed.

Your next trip is coming up fast, you must be so excited! We have no plans to go this year so far, but 2018 for sure.

Joining in! Enjoying your TR very much! We also had a horrible November....I keep hoping this is a bad dream....but....anyhoo...

We will be at DLR in 63 days! We will be there for 10 nights. I was thinking about either a beach day at Crystal Cove or a day trip to Hollywood. Still trying to work out all the details and the best route to take.

Too bad about your date night! How disappointing.
We were not impressed with Trader Sam's in December. We were not able to find a seat. There was a couple at a 4-top just sitting there playing cards. I can't see us returning unless the seating arrangement changes.

Sooo sorry for the delayed update and check in but life has been bananas. I am currently on hold with DVC to transfer our July reservation at the GCV to anohter guest which is breaking my heart because we've never scored 4 in a row in the middle of summer but......

:woohoo: We are moving back to Southern California!!! :woohoo:
Long story and I won't bore you with all the details, mostly because most of them are still in the works, but after 24 years (this July/August) in Utah, we are moving home. :cloud9:

Joining in! Enjoying your TR very much! We also had a horrible November....I keep hoping this is a bad dream....but....anyhoo...

We will be at DLR in 63 days! We will be there for 10 nights. I was thinking about either a beach day at Crystal Cove or a day trip to Hollywood. Still trying to work out all the details and the best route to take.

10 days? :faint: How wonderful! We love Crystal Cove. If you need route help, let me know.

Too bad about your date night! How disappointing.
We were not impressed with Trader Sam's in December. We were not able to find a seat. There was a couple at a 4-top just sitting there playing cards. I can't see us returning unless the seating arrangement changes.

It really was. Trader Sam's has such potential but they have to tweak their system. Its just maddening.

Just started reading. Great report so far! Nice to see another Raiders fan!

:wave: and :welcome: How do you feel about their move to Vegas? DH is elated but I know feelings are mixed.

Sooo sorry for the delayed update and check in but life has been bananas. I am currently on hold with DVC to transfer our July reservation at the GCV to anohter guest which is breaking my heart because we've never scored 4 in a row in the middle of summer but......

Long story and I won't bore you with all the details, mostly because most of them are still in the works, but after 24 years (this July/August) in Utah, we are moving home. :cloud9:
How exciting!!

How exciting!!

Thank you! We are very excited to be returning!

Yay for living here!

And I'll be all moved too so we can spend our off time at the park!

:woohoo: Michael told me to stop whining about July. He said basically what you did: you and Alison are going to be at the park weekly so quit crying. :lmao: :blush: Hope you are having a fabulous :bday:

Having said that, I am working on an update.....

:wave: and :welcome: How do you feel about their move to Vegas? DH is elated but I know feelings are mixed.
Congrats on the move back! I am on the fence about it. They are an extremely fickle team, so I am not surprised. I am not even 40 and they have already moved 2 or 3 times in my lifetime!

10 days? :faint: How wonderful! We love Crystal Cove. If you need route help, let me know.​

I think we have changed plans I little bit from Crystal Cove. DD really wants to see some places in Hollywood. We are going to rent a car on Sunday, May 28 from downtown Disney (yes, on memorial day weekend!!) hopefully be on the road by 8:30 AM and head to the Griffith Park Observatory for a couple of hours, then see the Hollywood walk of fame and Chinese theater, and then head to a beach hopefully around 4 PM. I had really wanted to go to Crystal Cove and I had found an upscale Mexican restaurant that I wanted to try there, but I think that is out. So would you recommend any other beach besides Santa Monica pier before we head back to VGC around 8:00-ish that night? We will not be swimming, but I really want to see the sunset at a beach. Lunch and dinner are still up in the air. I thought it would be fun if there were some kind of soda fountain conveniently located to where we will be in Hollywood and then I wish there were a really nice Mexican restaurant along some convenient beach.

Any suggestions?

I think we have changed plans I little bit from Crystal Cove. DD really wants to see some places in Hollywood. We are going to rent a car on Sunday, May 28 from downtown Disney (yes, on memorial day weekend!!) hopefully be on the road by 8:30 AM and head to the Griffith Park Observatory for a couple of hours, then see the Hollywood walk of fame and Chinese theater, and then head to a beach hopefully around 4 PM. I had really wanted to go to Crystal Cove and I had found an upscale Mexican restaurant that I wanted to try there, but I think that is out. So would you recommend any other beach besides Santa Monica pier before we head back to VGC around 8:00-ish that night? We will not be swimming, but I really want to see the sunset at a beach. Lunch and dinner are still up in the air. I thought it would be fun if there were some kind of soda fountain conveniently located to where we will be in Hollywood and then I wish there were a really nice Mexican restaurant along some convenient beach.

Any suggestions?

Sounds fun! I haven't been to the Griffith Observatory in years. Sadly I am not super familiar with Hollywood/LA.

As far as beaches, we love Seal Beach. I adore Huntington Beach but not after dark. Newport Beach is also wonderful. The Crab Cooker in Newport is one of our favorites if you like seafood. Seal is easy and fun and parking is a breeze. If you are wanting Mexican food, Super Mex is our favorite. Its not upscale but its sooo good. They have them in Huntington/Sunset as well as Long Beach and then there are a few inland as well.

Look at the sign! It went up today! :hyper:

Attachments

• IMG_8142.JPG
    IMG_8142.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 18
Thanks for the beach recommendations! And good luck on getting a fantastic price for your house! Your yard looks so green that I have grass envy, lol.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

party: party: party: party: party:

We'll be there September 15-21, I hope we can get together at least once if not more :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!