Let the Wookiee Win: An August Solo Adventure! *Updated 11/17*

I think we've got our share of snow here currently, but I'm sure hoping for a good dose of Florida warmth! Hopefully I don't hit a cold spell or too much of a rainy spell!
I'm SO over the snow and winter in general! :laughing: When do you leave for your trip? Have a fabulous time!!! :goodvibes

Excellent, you won't regret it!
I am SO excited!!! Thanks again for your advice! :thumbsup2

We've gotten a total of almost 3 ft. of snow in the last week and right now they're saying more this week
Ick!!!

seriously looking forward to Disney in TWO WEEKS :cheer2:
YAY!!!!!!!!! You're getting so close!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Hi stranger! I've been dealing with computer issues so haven't been around for a while but everything is fixed and I'm back! I'm all caught up on your family trip, which looks amazing!! How cute are your niece and nephew??

Keys to the Kingdom tour booked!!!
Yay! This is on my bucket list for sure. We have done Marceline to Magic and Behind the Seeds. Both were excellent and well worth the money.

In addition to these, I have Sci-Fi booked since I missed that on my August trip (did 50's Prime Time instead) and also have a first for me, Kona Café because... Tonga Toast.
Love Sci-Fi! I have it booked for my August trip with my niece and know she will love it too! Kona is awesome even if the service can be a bit off sometimes. But Tonga Toast is always worth it. I have it booked for August too. Great minds think alike!

We ended the night with Pirates, again swapping out groups. I remember waiting for the rest of the group who was in PotC and seeing a Photopass photographer without a line and jumped at the opportunity for a sister + GiGi photo :goodvibes
Love the picture of you with your sisters and niece!

Looking forward to hearing more details of your May trip! :)

Hi stranger!
HI!!! So glad to "see" you!

I've been dealing with computer issues so haven't been around for a while but everything is fixed and I'm back!
Ugh! That was me back in January... it's the worst! But glad to hear it's all fixed now. :thumbsup2

I'm all caught up on your family trip, which looks amazing!!
It was a very different trip for me :laughing:, but it was magical in a whole new way :wizard:

How cute are your niece and nephew??
Right?! I'm kinda obsessed with them ;)

Yay! This is on my bucket list for sure. We have done Marceline to Magic and Behind the Seeds. Both were excellent and well worth the money.
I'm so excited for it! I've heard amazing things about Marceline and BTS too. Also both on my bucket list!

Love Sci-Fi! I have it booked for my August trip with my niece and know she will love it too!
Yay! Someday I'd like to take my niece and nephew on a trip with me! But... I might give that a few years... they're a lot to handle solo let alone double :rotfl:

Kona is awesome even if the service can be a bit off sometimes. But Tonga Toast is always worth it. I have it booked for August too. Great minds think alike!
Great minds most definitely think alike :hug:

Love the picture of you with your sisters and niece!
Thanks! I was happy to have a sister + niece picture :goodvibes

Looking forward to hearing more details of your May trip! :)
Thanks! I'm going to get an update posted this weekend once I've ironed out a few details :thumbsup2

Hello, friends! It's been... a while... since my last update :rolleyes1 I wish I could regale you all with tales of excitement that prevented me from updating, but... nope :laughing: The good news is that I finished up my semester a couple weeks ago so I've been basking in the post-semester glow that will last another month or so before my summer semester starts :hyper:

I also haven't posted much because one of my grandfathers has had a very rough month and we were all very concerned for a while. That kind of prevented me from getting too excited about my trip because I honestly wasn't sure what his state would be as the trip approached. He seems to be better now, and I hope that'll continue with each passing day! :cutie:

I do have some exciting news about my trip... my dad will be joining me here and there as he is still in Florida and hasn't left yet for Indiana, where he spends his summers. He'll be working most of the week, but will join me for at least two days!

And now for the "Disney Excel Sheet" that so many of us live for :laughing: :hyper:

upload_2018-4-22_9-44-54.png

Is it me or is making up the spreadsheet half the fun?! :rotfl: I didn't bother with Monday, May 21 as I have a 6am flight back to NY... and you all know what that means for pick-up time... :scared1:

As I've noted before, I have a couple ADRs: Sci-Fi on Thursday and Kona Café on Friday. I was debating trying to squeeze in another but with Flower & Garden, I'll be eating a LOT in Epcot. But perhaps the two things I'm most looking forward to this trip are the Star Wars dessert party on Tuesday and Keys to the Kingdom on Saturday! Many of you have commented on both of these and I'm so grateful for your input!

You'll also note that I'm a park-hoppin' princess... I often hit up 3 parks a day because I can get restless and like the change of pace. When possible, I also try to plan my days with transportation in mind, i.e., I like to stack Epcot and MK together and Epcot and HS together because of the ease of getting between these parks. I've been known to walk between Epcot and HS even on the hottest of days because... I don't belong in NY state and fancy myself a southern girl at heart :laughing:

I believe I'll just miss many of you on your May trips and I am so bummed about that. I have an important work thing on Friday, May 11 that I can't miss and that's the reason (combined with Mother's Day!) for my May 14th departure. My goal is to someday be at Disney for May the Fourth, of course. :chewy:But this year I'll have to settle for paying tribute to Star Wars with a little more subtlety. Might have to break out my BB-8 hair bow a week or so before my trip for the occasion ;) If you will be at Disney during this time, please get in touch with me! Dismeets are some of my very happiest memories of my Disney trips and this is the first solo trip I think I've taken in many years where I don't have a Dismeet planned :sad:

Looking forward to sharing my trip with you all upon my return... and this time I'll be sure to have my photos backed up :P

Wow, looks like a great line up, we love to park hop as well. I wish we would have been able to meet up, maybe one of our trips will sync someday. I feel the same way about being out in the heat, why was I born and raised in the north?? I love the south and hot weather! That’s why August heat is okay by me.

Is it me or is making up the spreadsheet half the fun?
Totally agree!!!!
YOur trip plan looks amazing!!
I am a park hopping machine when I travel solo too. Unfortunately DH, who is accompanying me in August likes to pick a place and stay there-so we'll see.

If you will be at Disney during this time, please get in touch with me! Dismeets are some of my very happiest memories of my Disney trips and this is the first solo trip I think I've taken in many years where I don't have a Dismeet planned :sad:
I wish we would be around when you are there. Maybe one day. Our trips seem to be when no one else goes...

And now for the "Disney Excel Sheet" that so many of us live for :laughing: :hyper:
I always love a good disney excel sheet!

You are getting so close! YEAH!!!!

I wish we would have been able to meet up, maybe one of our trips will sync someday.
I sure hope so!!! :goodvibes

I feel the same way about being out in the heat, why was I born and raised in the north?? I love the south and hot weather! That’s why August heat is okay by me.
Exactly! Finally, someone who understands me :laughing:;)

Totally agree!!!!
Right?! :thumbsup2

YOur trip plan looks amazing!!
Thank you! I'm getting super excited :hyper:

I am a park hopping machine when I travel solo too. Unfortunately DH, who is accompanying me in August likes to pick a place and stay there-so we'll see.
Woohoo - someone else who also takes solo park hopping like a champ :thumbsup2

I wish we would be around when you are there. Maybe one day. Our trips seem to be when no one else goes...
I really wish that, too! Someday for sure! :thumbsup2

I always love a good disney excel sheet!
Yes! I live for these things :laughing:

You are getting so close! YEAH!!!!
It doesn't seem possible that it's this close, but that's definitely not a complaint :rotfl:

Hi Tracy! Glad to hear your grandfather is doing better and you have hopefully stress free trip right around the corner. Looks like you have some great plans and awesome to hear that your Dad will be able to join you for a couple of days. I'm sure that will be fun for you both.

Glad to hear your grandfather is doing better and you have hopefully stress free trip right around the corner.
Thanks, Kari! I'm sure hoping so! :thumbsup2

Looks like you have some great plans and awesome to hear that your Dad will be able to join you for a couple of days. I'm sure that will be fun for you both.
I'm pretty excited my dad will be able to join for a couple days... it'll be nice to break up the straight up solo tripping :laughing:

In many ways, your spreadsheet looks very similar to mine. When I get back home I try to adjust it back to what I really did. Depending upon the trip that can vary quite a bit.

When I was there in March, they had Fantasmic and Star Wars FW timed out so that you could hit both the same night (they were either 45 or 60 minutes apart...I don't remember offhand). Now it looks like its back to 30 minute spacing, which doesn't quite work.

3 MK and HEA nights? I've forgotten from your earlier reports: have you done a night at AK yet? RoL isn't my favorite nighttime show, but I'd certainly consider trading in one of the HEA nights for it. Plus the safari at night was really different and the nighttime vibe around AK is really different, especially in Pandora. Just a thought...

You're inside a month...have fun!!

Glad to hear your grandfather is doing better!

Your plans look fantastic! It will be a fun trip for you, especially having your dad join here and there!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter