Let Your Fantasies & Dreams SET SAIL! March 2019 Western Caribbean TR *COMPLETE 9/6

I have been there done that (being stuck in the room with a toddler) and I was very impressed that we were able to coordinate naps well enough for DD throughout the week that we didn't have to miss any of the big late night stuff. We couldn't keep that pace for the whole time so there were some events that were interesting to us, but we just couldn't justify keeping her up that late every night so we had to pick & choose which ones we got to do. But overall I think she was a great age to still be really into the magic, but old enough for the kids club and to be able to spend a couple of nights up late.

Good for your kiddos! It is our fault for being too impatient to go on a Disney cruise to wait for the kids to all be over the stage with inflexible bedtimes, but we still had a blast (I really wanted to see Beauty and the Beast so pirate night fireworks was a fair trade at the time).

And I love nerdy things, like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, etc. But I just couldn’t get in to Star Wars.

This is me exactly. I don't know if it's because I didn't watch Star Wars growing up but I want to like it and I just can't get into it.

There were some jawas out trading.

This is one Star Wars thing I liked at WDW and I'm sad it's gone!

Even though we had red velvet cake for lunch, it was on the dessert menu again for dinner, and I never turn down red velvet.

Good choice!

Apparently the kids had pushed all of the buttons on the elevator to make it stop at every deck, and the man yelled “I SAW WHAT YOU DID, LITTLE BOY!! IT WAS EXTREMELY RUDE!!” I was so taken aback, I didn’t know what to do so I hurried off with my kids to the club!!

:confused3 :confused3 Even though that sounds annoying, that's a ridiculous overreaction to the situation!

The fireworks were pretty cool! Usually there’s a special buffet after the pirate night fireworks, but they didn’t have it that night. Instead there was a Star Wars one after this fireworks show. We didn’t stop for anything because we were exhausted but it was cool to see what they had available.

Oo wow that sounds like a lot of fun but a long night for sure!

Good for your kiddos! It is our fault for being too impatient to go on a Disney cruise to wait for the kids to all be over the stage with inflexible bedtimes, but we still had a blast (I really wanted to see Beauty and the Beast so pirate night fireworks was a fair trade at the time).

I bet the Beauty & the Beast show on the cruise is amazing! If I could only do one, I'd probably pick that over fireworks too! And if I was on the Magic and it was the Tangled show, forget about it, I'm seeing Tangled. lol I was worried about how DD would do, but I was pleasantly surprised she was so flexible with her sleep schedule.

This is me exactly. I don't know if it's because I didn't watch Star Wars growing up but I want to like it and I just can't get into it.

Honestly, the ONLY reason I decided to go ahead and try them is because I love Natalie Portman, but even she couldn't save it for me. lol I stuck it out through all 6 movies (at the time I watched) but I have 0 desire to see any of the new ones since Disney took over.

Good choice!

I'm definitely a sucker for red velvet!!

:confused3 :confused3 Even though that sounds annoying, that's a ridiculous overreaction to the situation!

I completely agree! It was way too loud and way too much to scream at kids like that when you don't even know them. He could have loudly told them "Hey that's rude" instead without the screaming.

Day 8: Friday March 8th

All too soon, the last full day of our cruise had arrived! But we couldn’t be too sad because we were all excited about checking out the famed Castaway Cay today!

Unfortunately, I didn’t have the best night and woke up in the middle of the night feeling nauseated from the movement of the ship. It was the first and only time though that it was an issue, so being someone who suffers from motion sickness at times, this wasn’t too bad.

We got up for the day at 7:15 am and went to Cabanas for breakfast. After eating, we separated. I had booked all of us the earliest time that morning for the Frozen Gathering, but DH also really wanted to run the Castaway Cay 5K and also wanted to get us a spot on the family beach. DS chose to go with him (shockingly!) instead of meeting the Frozen girls with us.

Our meet was at Animator’s Palate again, and there were lots of Frozen touches as we walked into the restaurant. As soon as we walked in for our 8:30 am meeting time, DD said, “I’m so excited to meet them!”

We had a bit of a wait, but DD was so patient. She just couldn’t wait until it was her turn to meet Anna & Elsa!

The whole time they were meeting, I kept staring at Anna and it was really bugging me trying to figure out why she looked so familiar. Then I finally realized she looked STRIKINGLY SIMILAR ;) to the British CM who had helped me on embarkation day at the port adventures desk move our character breakfast. :rotfl: Cruising is so fun.

I sure did have a happy little girl after that meet!! She was walking on air, and it was really the cutest thing ever to see her so excited about that meet. She and I went back to the room to change into our swimsuits and get our sunscreen so we could go meet the boys on the beach.

While DD had been living her dream of meeting the Queen & Princess of Arendelle, DH and DS had exited the ship and gotten their first glimpse of Castaway Cay while going to claim us a couple of chairs on the family beach before their 5K.

After putting our beach stuff down, they went over to start their race. DS was too young to officially participate, but he wanted to do it anyway.

Eventually DD and I made it off the ship and we took the tram over to the family beach. DH and I were trying to communicate on the wave phones while he was racing and trying to explain where we could find our stuff, and I was getting very frustrated trying to follow his directions and not seeing anything he was trying to tell me to use as a landmark. Finally after some snippy words and quite a bit of huffing, they finished their race and were able to locate us and bring us over to the spot they had snagged on the beach.

The kids went right to work playing in the sand.

DS decided to give snorkeling a try for a bit too.

While on the beach, DD thought it was great fun to use the little watering can that came with the beach toys to water our feet.

DH got to work helping them build a sand castle.

Much to my chagrin, both kids wanted to bury themselves again. SO. MUCH. SAND. :sad2:

DD went back to watering feet and watering her brother.

Continued in next post...

Day 8 Continued: Friday March 8th

The kids played in the sand for about an hour and a half. I took some of that time to go over to the gift shop and check out some items we may want to buy. When the kids got tired of the sand, we decided to go look for the Spring a Leak splash area.

DD was excited about the splash area for about 10 seconds, then she was ready to go. We walked over by Cookies Too and saw they were open, so we decided to go get some lunch a bit early before it got too crowded.

P3070399
by disneymom1024, on Flickr

P3070401

P3070402

The food was really good! We got some burgers and hot dogs with fruit and chips. Plus, of course, some ice cream!

P3070397

P3070398

After we ate, the kids expressed interest in going to check out Scuttle’s Cove, the kids club on the island, so we walked them over there.

After dropping the kids off, we stopped to take some Mom & Dad selfies with the ship.

I was enjoying the shade and resting my eyes on one of the lounge chairs on the beach while listening to podcasts. Lol It’s not often I relax on vacation, so it was really nice.

P3080430

While I napped DH walked around the island a bit more.

P3080433

P3080435

P3080442

P3080444

P3080455

P3080458

P3080468

They had forecasted some rain possible for the afternoon, and around 2:15 we started noticing some dark clouds in the distance. Not enough to hurry back to the ship, but enough to get us moving in that direction, so we picked up all of our sand toys and said goodbye to the family beach. We stopped in the shop together this time and picked up a couple of shirts for ourselves and the sand Olaf Castaway Cay Christmas ornament I had seen earlier when I’d scoped out the merchandise by myself.

Day 8 Continued: Friday March 8th

We got to Scuttle’s Cove to pick up the kids, and they were having a blast. But they came willingly enough, so we stopped for a few more pictures.

The last thing we did was go to the post office and send a couple of postcards home. Keep in mind this is cash only, if you’re interested in doing the same. There were 2 postcards in the room that we had taken off the ship with us, so each kid had one to write a message on and mail home.

P3080482

P3080483

P3080484

P3080488

When we got back to the ship, we realized DS didn’t have his hat! He and DH went back to Scuttle’s Cove to see if they could find it while I took DD back onto the ship to get showered and ready for the evening.

Unfortunately, DH and DS joined us back in the stateroom empty handed. DS was absolutely devastated, as it’s been his favorite hat for a long time now. It’s a Spiderman one DH had gotten from a Marvel subscription box and given to him, and he’d worn it on every trip since. We contacted Lost & Found, but it never did turn back up. I’m sure another kid took it home, whether by mistake or an accident we will never know.

We tried not to let it ruin our evening, but DS was pretty upset about it.

We didn’t come across any of the character meets on the island, unfortunately, but DH and DS did spot Minnie in her bathing suit when they got back on the ship.

P3080491

After we were all cleaned up, DH brought DD some pizza to the room from Flo’s so she could eat before we brought her to the kids club. Then he, DS, and I headed to the Buena Vista Theater to see Captain Marvel! We got more food from Flo’s to eat in the theater while waiting for the movie to start. It was really exciting to be on board when a brand new Marvel movie was being released and getting to be some of the first people to see it on board! We all really enjoyed the movie, with DH and I getting a lot of laughs over the 90s references that DS didn’t get.

As soon as the movie ended, we brought DS to the kids club to meet up with DD so they could go to the second Pluto’s Pajama Party, while DH and I decided to hit up 2000’s music trivia in O’Gill’s. It was a busy night at trivia but we were there early enough to get one of the tables. I held our spot while DH ran to guest services to see if DS’s hat had shown up, and he also stopped at the stateroom for some reason which will be important later.

Two sisters came in later and asked if they could share our table, so we said sure! We had fun talking with them while waiting for the trivia to start. When our host Chris came to get started and let us know that this would encompass music from 2000 to current, I knew we were screwed. Lol I felt pretty confident with 2000-2010 or so, but beyond that…I know nothing.

BUT it ended up being so lucky that these girls came to sit with us because they knew almost all of the answers!! DH and I barely contributed to our 4 person team effort, and yet WE WON!!! Well, they won, but WE WON!!! And at the end Chris remembered that they had won a lot of trivia and gotten lots of keychains and other trinkets so he said to hold on a moment and he’d get them something special they don’t usually give out. He came back with DCL baseball caps for each of us! We thanked them for letting us mooch off their win, then had to get a move on for the nighttime show. DH went to find us some seats in the theater while I went to get the kids from the club. They were a bit annoyed with me coming to get them while they were still coloring their Pluto pillow cases, but once we got into the theater they got over it. And DS was a little less sad over his hat being gone when we showed him what we had “won” at trivia and told him one was for him.

The show that night was the 3rd Broadway style show called Believe. It was another compilation type show with lots of music and characters from a variety of Disney movies, and although I enjoyed it, I didn’t love it as much as Wishes at the beginning of the cruise. However, the kids had a blast and were smiling, singing, and clapping along the entire show. It also had Genie in it, so even though they didn’t get to see Aladdin with us, they got to experience the hilarity of Genie!

Earlier in the week when we had gone to Disney Tunes Trivia with Raf & Chelsey they had told us they were the only two CMs to put on this trivia since they had come up with it on their own, and it was on the schedule again for that night but not until 9:45 pm. We hadn’t planned on keeping the kids up late this night, but after the show they were both asking for ice cream, and we figured why not? By the time we got the ice cream, we could head down to D Lounge to not stay for the trivia, but just to get the chance to tell Raf goodbye and to thank him for all the special attention he had given our family over the course of the cruise. Just like I told him, he had won DD over eventually!

IMG_1677

Something a little strange happened. He spotted DS with the DCL cap on and said, “Oh, so you saw the bags?” Not having any clue what he was talking about, DH answered “Yes, I didn’t realize those were from you!” Apparently when he’d gone back to the state room earlier, there had been DCL backpacks on each kids bed, but he had forgotten to mention it to me. So he had no idea where they had come from, but now talking to Raf he realized they were from him! Raf said he had found our room and asked our room attendant to let him in to leave the bags.

After some hugs with Raf, we said goodbye and went back to the stateroom. We discovered there that not only had he given each kid a backpack, he had stuffed them with all kinds of DCL swag! There was a keychain, a journal, a luggage tag, and a DCL baseball cap in each one!! DH hadn’t opened the bags to know there was all that stuff inside, and it was just coincidence that we had won hats at trivia and given one to DS. So when Raf saw him with the hat on, he thought we had checked out all the goodies in the bags. So that’s how we ended up with 4 DCL hats! :rotfl2:

After changing the kids into their pajamas, DH decided to go back to Tunes Trivia to properly thank Raf now that we knew all he had left for the kid. DH asked him how he’d found out our room, and he said he basically went through the computer and tried DD’s first name with every letter of the alphabet until he found her! Lol It was so sweet, and we couldn’t be happier that we got to know him on our cruise!! We completed our survey that night when he got back to the room and made sure to give Raf lots of praise!!

Our bags were outside of the stateroom when we went to bed, and we were so sad to be leaving the ship in the morning, but luckily our vacation wasn’t over just yet!!

UP NEXT: Disembarkation Day

So cute that DD was so excited to meet Anna & Elsa!

Sounds like such a fun time on Castaway Cay!

Also sounds like an incredible evening between getting to see Captain Marvel, winning trivia, and seeing the nighttime show.

How awesome is Raf! So sweet that he left you presents!

Thank you so much for the trip report. I stumbled upon it while researching excursions and we are considering the chocolate and pinatas as we will have from 5 to 75 year olds on our trip...

Your Castaway Cay photos definitely took me back to the island. So many great shots from around the island.

There's a kids' club on CC?!? I had no idea. Oh my goodness....Alex pull out your credit card, we're going on a Disney cruise next summer! :rotfl2:

Aw, so sorry to hear about DS's hat. That's really disappointing.

Wow, Raf sounds like an exceptional person; he really went above and beyond, and I'm sure that made your first cruise experience extra memorable.

I remember our first Disney cruise wayyy back in 2002, our kids were 14 & 10 when they went to the clubs and my husband and I had adult time on a family vacation, it was so fun and surprising at the same time. We were a big theme park family before DCL, so we always were a 4 pack.
Now my daughter with a boy and girl also loves her DCL cruises, where her and her husband can have an "evening out" while on vacation.

So glad I found this trip report. Read the whole thing over two days and really enjoyed it. I think we should be friends in real life. We have so many similarities from our likes and dislikes to taking pictures of your kids when they are pouting on an amazing vacation!!!

We have cruised a few times but will be doing our first Western itinerary this May. I think you sold me on both of your excursions! Both sounded great.

Loved reliving your cruise with you. We also count ice creams, do every single midship detective case, oo and ah over those special character interactions and mini golf like crazy.

So cute that DD was so excited to meet Anna & Elsa!

Sounds like such a fun time on Castaway Cay!

Also sounds like an incredible evening between getting to see Captain Marvel, winning trivia, and seeing the nighttime show.

How awesome is Raf! So sweet that he left you presents!

I was so happy to get those M&G tickets, as DD is in a big Frozen phase right now! She was so excited to meet them, and they were so very sweet with her.

We really enjoyed Castaway, and our last night on the ship was a lot of fun! I was surprised we found time to do as much as we did.

We LOVED Raf! He is the epitome of Disney magic!!

Thank you so much for the trip report. I stumbled upon it while researching excursions and we are considering the chocolate and pinatas as we will have from 5 to 75 year olds on our trip...

It was great fun for all ages!! Especially when you have people (very young and older) who can't do some of the more intensive and active excursions. There were several families that included kids, parents and grandparents, and everyone seemed to be having a wonderful time!

Your Castaway Cay photos definitely took me back to the island. So many great shots from around the island.

There's a kids' club on CC?!? I had no idea. Oh my goodness....Alex pull out your credit card, we're going on a Disney cruise next summer! :rotfl2:

Aw, so sorry to hear about DS's hat. That's really disappointing.

Wow, Raf sounds like an exceptional person; he really went above and beyond, and I'm sure that made your first cruise experience extra memorable.

I'm not a big beach person, but CC was pretty amazing. It lived up to the hype, that's for sure!!! We should have gone to check out the adult only beach while the kids were at Scuttle's Cove. Next time, for sure!! :rotfl:

He was so sad about his hat, and we felt really terrible for him. Thank goodness for Ebay once we got home!

Raf was one of the BEST CMs we have ever interacted with in ANY Disney company! He was right up there with our ABD guides, who are the cream of the crop of Disney CMs! We were so lucky to meet him, he was absolutely wonderful to our kids!

I remember our first Disney cruise wayyy back in 2002, our kids were 14 & 10 when they went to the clubs and my husband and I had adult time on a family vacation, it was so fun and surprising at the same time. We were a big theme park family before DCL, so we always were a 4 pack.
Now my daughter with a boy and girl also loves her DCL cruises, where her and her husband can have an "evening out" while on vacation.

Yes, it is so nice to have such a great combination of family time and adult only time, and not feel guilty for sending the kids to the club because we knew they were having so much fun!

So glad I found this trip report. Read the whole thing over two days and really enjoyed it. I think we should be friends in real life. We have so many similarities from our likes and dislikes to taking pictures of your kids when they are pouting on an amazing vacation!!!

We have cruised a few times but will be doing our first Western itinerary this May. I think you sold me on both of your excursions! Both sounded great.

Loved reliving your cruise with you. We also count ice creams, do every single midship detective case, oo and ah over those special character interactions and mini golf like crazy.

Hahaha I love it!! That is so great!

I hope you enjoy it! We were a little disappointed to be "stuck with" the Western itinerary because it was the only week we could travel, as we have heard better things about the Eastern ports of call. But we really enjoyed ourselves, and would absolutely love to visit that resort in Jamaica again! It was beautiful, and a fun day for all of us. And the Cozumel chocolate & pinata one was great for the family, and we liked that it was shorter so we could enjoy some time on the ship afterwards when it wasn't so busy.

My apologies for letting it go so long before finishing this up! The month of August just got away from me! DS started 3rd grade.

Untitled

A couple days later, it was DD's turn. Her first day of Pre-K!

Then we celebrated DD's 4th birthday with a Frozen Fever themed party.

Untitled

It was probably also both equal parts not being ready to be finished reliving our Disney Cruise, and not being ready to start my Universal TR from our May trip because DH has been slacking on photo editing... But here it is, our last day!

Day 9: Saturday March 9th

Disembarkation day came waaaaaayy too soon!! We felt like we were just getting into the swing of cruising and really getting to enjoy ourselves and it was time to leave! Our day started early at 6:45 so we could get the last of our toiletries packed and get to Cabanas for breakfast. We had decided on that instead of the table service breakfast at (I think) Royal Court because since we had early dining, we’d have to be at breakfast for 6:45 and that was just too early for us.

While DS and I were up at the buffet, we heard a familiar voice behind us and turned to find Vaneza, our assistant server from the MDR! We had missed out on telling her goodbye Thursday night since we had only seen Francis before leaving to be able to let him know we wouldn’t be at dinner the last night. She gave us big, warm hugs and asked where “The Princess” was, so we brought her over to our table to say goodbye to DD. It was a very sweet moment that made us just so sad to be leaving!

While we were up there, we found where Palo and Remy were! Since we hadn’t booked a meal there, it was our first time actually seeing where it was located.

IMG_1649

IMG_1651

After breakfast, it was time to leave the ship.

IMG_1652

We located our luggage and cleared customs pretty quickly, then hit the road back towards WDW and to Kidani Village where we’d be staying one more night before heading back home. Of course, our room wasn’t ready that early, but we did go to the check in desk to let them know we had arrived and to ask for a room as early as possible. We left our luggage with bell services, then decided to take the bus over to Disney Springs for the day.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

One of the first stores we ended up in was DisneyStyle, which had a lot of really cute merchandise!! We didn’t end up buying anything but it was fun to look around.

Untitled

Untitled

I made a stop inside the Vera Bradley store to see if there were any purses that would jump out at me, and we went in a couple other stores to look around, but eventually ended up at World of Disney. I loved the whole section of Disney parks snack merchandise! It was a bit tough being in that store surrounded by so many great Disney items after being away from WDW so long and not end up buying everything in sight.

IMG_1656

IMG_1658

IMG_1661

IMG_1662

Untitled

Untitled

The last store we ended up in was the Lego Store. DS really was regretting buying the Pluto plush when we told him he didn’t have any more spending money, and especially when DD decided to get a Frozen Lego set as her trip souvenir.

IMG_1666

IMG_1667

It was getting to be close to 12 pm, and we were ready for lunch. We decided to try out Chicken Guy. There was actually a line outside before we could get in to order, so we had time to look over the menu. All of us except DS got chicken tenders. He had the macaroni & cheese. Once DH was able to go inside to order, I tried to take over finding a table. It was difficult because it’s a very small restaurant with only a handful of inside and outside seating. At first I grabbed a table outside, but it had been baking in the sun and was a metal table and chairs, so that wasn’t really going to work. DH called me and said a couple was leaving one of the high-top tables inside, so I was able to move inside and get that one. But while I was waiting for DH to come with the food, a family at one of the regular tables started packing up to leave, so I ended up poaching their table instead. Lol It was quite a lot of work, but worth it!

Untitled

Each of the tenders meals came with 2 sauces, so we were able to try a few different ones. I really enjoyed the Garlic Parmesan sauce, and their honey mustard was pretty good too.

After lunch we thought about going to bowl at Splitsville, but when we went over there, we had just missed out on the early bird pricing, and it would have been $22 per bowler! We weren’t ready to drop almost $100 on bowling, and it was getting pretty hot out, so we decided to take the bus back to AKV and just wait out our room being ready. We went back to the little activity room we had found on our pre-cruise stay, but before we had time to get too involved in anything, I got the text that our room was ready. We had discussed while planning that maybe we’d spend the day at the pool this day, but after a week at the cruise ship pool and on the beaches, we were about done with wet bathing suits and towels. Lol We ended up resting in the room before going to church in Celebration at Corpus Christi for 4 pm mass.

Day 9 Continued: Saturday March 9th

We talked about it after and decided to go visit Art of Animation for the first time and have dinner at Landscape of Flavors.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

DD fell asleep in the car on the ride over to AOA so DH carried her around for awhile while DS took advantage of the photo opportunities in the Cars section.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

While we were walking around Ornament Valley, DD woke up and wanted to look around.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

We wanted to go look at some of the other sections, but the kids were getting hungry, so we started making our way back towards the food court and checked out some of the Nemo area instead.

Untitled

Untitled

IMG_1672

The kids took a few minutes to run around the small playground area near the pool.

Untitled

We got inside and the food court was pretty busy, but we made a pass through to decide what we all wanted to eat. We decided it would be best to just find one line where we could all agree on something so we didn’t have to split up and order from different windows. We ended up at the pizza and pasta station. Both kids had pizza, DH got the chicken parmesan, and I did the build-your-own-pasta and got chicken alfredo.

IMG_1675

DH took a picture of the light fixture and that was about it because it was just too much with the kids and the trays and everything else. Lol We were worn out tired, and decided to go back to the resort after eating to get the kids to bed because we wanted to leave very early in the morning since we’d lose an hour overnight for daylight savings time. One day I will learn to check for that before vacationing!! It has affected us one too many times while traveling.

And that brought our trip to an end! The next day we just spent the whole day on the road getting back home, since we’d all have to be back at work & school Monday morning. But man, did we have an amazing time!!

Aww, your DD's cake looks wonderful. Hope she had a great birthday. And congrats on the start of pre-school! Evie has a late birthday so she missed the cutoff and has another year to wait.

That debarkation day can be rough. After a week of cruising and relaxing, you have to be off the ship at the break of dawn! (Or so it feels like.)

Looks like you all had a nice time at Disney Springs and AoA, though. Searching for a table at Disney is like an Olympic sport; it can be really tough and stressful!

Can't wait to start reading along on your May Universal trip!

I enjoyed reading about your first cruise. It makes me want to book one! Hopefully one day I’ll be able to.

Happy birthday to your DD!

Your cruise sounded fantastic and so many of the CMs especially Raf seemed phenomenal.

Hi, Kristy! I just finally had a chance to get on here tonight and read your whole report. Loved hearing about your first Disney cruise! So glad you had a great time. We were just on the Wonder (Alaska) a few weeks ago and have been talking about how it would be fun to cruise on the Fantasy next since we've done the Wonder and Dream already - this was a great look at the ship! Thanks for the wonderful trip report!

Aww, your DD's cake looks wonderful. Hope she had a great birthday. And congrats on the start of pre-school! Evie has a late birthday so she missed the cutoff and has another year to wait.

That debarkation day can be rough. After a week of cruising and relaxing, you have to be off the ship at the break of dawn! (Or so it feels like.)

Looks like you all had a nice time at Disney Springs and AoA, though. Searching for a table at Disney is like an Olympic sport; it can be really tough and stressful!

Can't wait to start reading along on your May Universal trip!

Thank you! That's how it worked out for DS with a late October birthday. DD is the complete opposite, since she turned 4 literally just days before starting Pre-K. I was a bit worried whether she was really ready for big school or not, but so far it's been going wonderfully.

Yes, it was so rough! We never wanted to leave the ship. Having another night on Disney property softened the blow a bit, but we really were sad getting off the ship.

Sounds like a fun time at both Disney Spring and Art of Animation! I'm glad you all had such a good time!!

It was a nice way to soften the blow of having to get off of the ship, for sure. And we hadn't been to Disney Springs in a long time, so it was nice to have a little time to spend there.

I enjoyed reading about your first cruise. It makes me want to book one! Hopefully one day I’ll be able to.

I hope you do! I really didn't think I would love it as much as I did. Same for the kids! They really showed more excitement and enthusiasm about that vacation than they have for any other.

Happy birthday to your DD!

Your cruise sounded fantastic and so many of the CMs especially Raf seemed phenomenal.

Thank you, she had a great one!

Raf embodies the idea of Disney Magic. He was so amazing!! I know we would have loved our cruise even without him and all the pixie dust he sprinkled on our family, but he just took it up to the max level!

Hi, Kristy! I just finally had a chance to get on here tonight and read your whole report. Loved hearing about your first Disney cruise! So glad you had a great time. We were just on the Wonder (Alaska) a few weeks ago and have been talking about how it would be fun to cruise on the Fantasy next since we've done the Wonder and Dream already - this was a great look at the ship! Thanks for the wonderful trip report!

Welcome!!!

Oh my goodness, a Disney Alaskan cruise is a dream! I bet that was incredible. I hope you do a TR and I get to read all about it!!!

The Fantasy was really great. I was equal parts excited and worried about being on one of the "big" ships, but it was really fun getting to do some of the onboard stuff that they don't offer on the Magic & Wonder like the Aqua Duck, mini golf, and Midship Detective Agency. But hopefully one day we will get to experience all of the ships.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter