Let's Get Back and Do It Again

FtW Mike

DIS Veteran
Well the 2018 camping season has gotten an early start for us. Last Thur. Lucille advised me that Rod Stewart had just announced his touring schedule for this year. This year he is again touring with Cyndi Lauper ( Hope I can understand her lyrics this year. Saw them at Camden Arena a semi enclosed venue that has poor acoustics) They will be in Atlantic City NJ 4 Aug in the old Atlantic City Convention Center Now The Boardwalk Hall. Rather than board the girls we decided take both the coach and one of the Prius's and make it a weekend.
We have a deal. If she gets to see Rod Stewart I get to go to see THE BEACH BOYS. Their touring schedule is out as well but I was willing to pass on them. (last time we saw them was 50 anniv. tour with all 4 of original 6 on stage and they did things that Mike Love's touring band can't. Well on Sat. she told me she had gotten tickets for them in Ocean City NJ for 21 Aug as well.
Okay now time for me to go to work. Opened up Good Sam trip planning and started looking for CG's. Thought we would try 2 different ones. For Rod and Cyndi I wanted something very close to AC as it will be a weekend in the SUMMER Thought for BB's Something closer to the shore.
The first place we liked on second look and confirming phone call was out only had 30 amp service. A few others North of AC went by the wayside as they fall inside the Pine Barren's a fire prone expanse in recent years. She liked some others till I said based on extensive experience they were in major Green Head Fly areas. Those South of AC for BB's we liked had prices that make Disney look cheap.
In the end we booked a place we hope will be okay Close to both AC and Ocean City with a nice dog park as Little Sky believes it is against the law for her to go while on her leash So Now onto next trip

Sounds like a good plan. Granted, the artists aren't my style of music, but live performances are always great experiences. We'll, the ones I can remember anyway...

Sounds like a good plan. Granted, the artists aren't my style of music, but live performances are always great experiences. We'll, the ones I can remember anyway...
Michael I wasn't too warm to going to see Him at first either but I have to say he does do one hell of a show a true performer and the wife likes him so. The fact that his violin/mandolin player Tobi is cute doesn't hurt too much either. Not ashamed to
that the song he dedicates to our men and women in uniform brings a tear to my eyes Her well all I can say is I hope she got the message and took her politics out of her show
and just sings her songs
The BEACH BOYS well I have been a fan since I first heard my cousins copy of SURFING SAFARI more than a long long long time ago. In High School I only went to 1 concert Theirs at Jones Beach Originals with Al Jardine But I did see a lot great talent on Broadway Ben Vereen in Pippin and Jesus Christ Superstar, John Cullum in Shenandoah Irene Ryan (Granny From Beverly Hillbillies) in Pippin, Robert Goulet and Julie Andrews , Danny Kaye in 2 by 2

If you go back to some of the older (90's and 2000's) Metallica, AC/DC type concerts you might could find me and my long hair (at the time) self slamming and acting a fool. Most people have a hard time trying to figure out how I'm interested in camping and squirrels with a history like that, but I tell them all that head banging can change a man.

My wife is dismayed as my two daughters actually like it when I crank up some of the old stuff loud when we're going down the road.

Now, I can still go to some other stuff, not heavy related. In the last year I actually went to a Huey Lewis and the News concert here in town. Of course I followed it up with a Five Finger Death Punch concert, but hey, I'm well rounded.

Michael you should have seen the look on peoples faces some years back when they found out I am a "DEAD HEAD" as most associate me with the " Redneck's ,White Socks, and Blue Ribbon Beer "crowd.
Like you, my taste cover a broad spectrum. The kids prefer Mom's music AC/DC Pearl Jam to mine so they get more animated come her CD time over mine. But they do really seem to enjoy "The Little Old Lady From Passedena'' and "The Anaheim Azusa Cucamonga Sewing Circle Book Review and Timing Association" as I will add some volume for them

Now, I can still go to some other stuff, not heavy related. In the last year I actually went to a Huey Lewis and the News concert here in town. Of course I followed it up with a Five Finger Death Punch concert, but hey, I'm well rounded.
Went to see RUSH on their 40th anniversary tour. Best all around concert I have ever seen, and that's dating back to seeing Judas Priest and Scorpions.

We got a phone call yesterday from one of the places we had been checking out. There was a discrepancy between the Listing on Good Sam and the CG's Website as to pets. Good Sam says no pets , website need to be on a leash So I called for clarification. Pets are okay but we have ressies for both trips now so maybe in the future.
Best show I ever saw was THE KING AND I with Yul Brunner 10 days before he passed

Called one of favorite local CG's over the weekend. Last spring then last fall they were supposed to put in a dog park but still haven't. But then the woman I spoke with had no idea what I was asking about. May have to try again midweek and hope I get one of the normal regulars. We
like to go to them for Season Finale of Walking Dead with our friends who are also fans

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!