Let's Talk Socks!

Smartwool PhD Run Ultralight for regular socks and Zensah compression for >15 miles and for cold days

Balega Blister Resist Quarter Socks - everything (and I mean everything) else gives me blisters. These also work for endless miles walking around Disney. No more Disney feet or bleeding through socks after a long treadmill run!

I obsess over socks. For tall compression I’ve tried Saucony, (not enough compression), pro-compression (enough compression but not long enough I wear a size 13ish) ASICS ( not enough compression), CWX better but still not enough compression and Which is what I prefer

For longer runs I prefer a thin quarter height sock. The one I like is the older ASICS Kayano quarter sock but it may be discontinued. I’ve tried other ASICS quarter, Feetures, CEP and roadrunner brand socks . I like both the Feetures elite and CEP best out of what I can find easily.

For lower, no show socks I like Feetures elite and Stances cushy socks.

Lastly I keep a pair of injiji toe socks for emergencies. I use them in the event that I start getting a blister between my toes. ( I always bring them to Dopey just in case)

Balega Blister Resist Quarter Socks - everything (and I mean everything) else gives me blisters. These also work for endless miles walking around Disney. No more Disney feet or bleeding through socks after a long treadmill run!
Seconding the Blister Resist Balegas!! I love Balega socks, but these are way better then Enduro or Hidden Comfort ones! I had to find them on Amazon- my local running store didn't carry tget!

I went to the foot doctor the other day wearing Experian powered by Thorlo and got the thumbs up, I also like Wigwam, but my go to sock for race day (or even just major park walking day) is now MySoxyFeet, great support and cushion and they stay dry. They have an online store.

I run with feetures socks. I like them a lot. I hope I don't have blisters after races.

My local running store just got these in. How do these compare to Feetures and Balega?

So I have run in Swiftwick for the last several years, and recently bought some Feetures--the Elite Ultra light and Light cushion. I find that the Swiftwick feel like they have a snugger fit, i.e. more compression. I think the Feetures are fine, and I think of the two I got, I would prefer the Light vs the UltraLight. I have yet to run a truly long run, i.e. over 10+ miles in the Feetures.

But who am I kidding.....I generally cannot discern differences in things like socks, shoes, etc, etc!

Ok I have all three features, belaga, and swifteick. I like swifteick best, though like @jmasgat not sure I can discern much. I run in the perform which is medium cushion and merino wool. The sweat is why I like them. After running in hot for long distance the sweat can be terrible and my feet still felt dry. That is what I got.

Just ordered my first pair of Injini socks! The past three marathons have resulted in the same blisters on my second toes so I’m willing to try something new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts