Let's use this thread to keep track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments?

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT, Wonder
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13 days (Monday, checked ~12:30pm)
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 10B
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? thrilled, mid-ship and connecting(booked two IGT's)
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? yes, connecting :)
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 45 days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT, Wonder
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13 days (Monday, checked ~12:30pm)
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 10B
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? thrilled, mid-ship and connecting(booked two IGT's)
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? yes, connecting :)
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 45 days
Great assignment! We are on the same cruise- leaving in 12 days!!! :cool1:

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT, Fantasy
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11 days (Tuesday)
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4A
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Thrilled! We wanted a high floor and love being aft close to cabanas.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? Around 70 days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean on 2/24/18
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 days (Monday, some time between 12:00 PM and 5:00 PM)
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 6B, Deck 7, almost all the way aft
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I would say I'm satisfied, but not overwhelmingly happy. I really did NOT want a 7A Navigator's Verandah, so this is definitely a step above that. The room is all the way aft and has the white wall verandah (not clear plexiglass) so it might be a bit of a "leftover." I checked the available rooms on the DCL website. There are definitely some Category 4 Family Verandahs and Category 5 regular Verandahs still available, so I was holding out hope for one of those. That said, I get that it's a VGT booking, so we'll roll with it and I'm sure it will still be great!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 32 days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT Wonder
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 Days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get?11c
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We are happy to be on the cruise! Deck 2 forward.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
#6. How many days before departure date did you book?19 Days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT specified as extended verandah 5E category on Fantasy
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 52 days. Room was assigned sometime in the afternoon on a Tuesday. I had checked in the morning and it wasn't assigned yet.
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5E 7190
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Deck 7 Aft. HUGE verandah. Very happy with our assignment.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? Not sure exactly but I know it was around the 200 day mark. We changed our original reservation of deluxe ocean view to VGT when I noticed they were offering it.

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? GTY/VGT special rate Fantasy
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 35
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? Booked 7A got 5A
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very pleased...different location of 5A (we prefer forward and got aft) but looks like a great location under Cabanas and not the pool deck.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 37

1) VGT Fantasy
2) 11 days before in the afternoon
3) 5A 10150
4) I’m happy! Of course would have preferred to be next to the Oceaneer Club, but for the savings, I can’t be picky. So long as we didn’t get 10th deck mid-ship. Love being next to the elevators and conveniently near Cabanas.
5) N/A
6) booked 93 days before cruise

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Magic
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 1 day
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? Booked 7a & got room 7118 5b
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Excited to get a regular verandah
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 22 days but first booked IGT. Then I switched to an OGT got a room and decided to upgrade to a VGT 7a and ended up with the 5b.

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on Dream
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13 days (Tuesday, checked ~12:30pm)
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5A
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I am happy. There are good reviews of the rooms. We have three rooms and they are 10500,10502,10504
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? yes, the two cabins for the same family are connecting and the third linked reservation is right next door
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 2 rooms 52 days out and the third was added 28 days out.

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT Magic
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 7 days (not a Tuesday for those keeping track )
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 10B 2063
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy with split bath and mid-ship location
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Booked with a 9B GTY, both are deck 2 port rooms, so fairly close
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 39

Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT Magic
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 44
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 11a 6041
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I like the location as it is close to elevators and stairs. It is also a convenient deck. I do wish we had gotten a deluxe, but beggars can't be choosers!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 48

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship?
Weirdly enough, we booked a 7A veranda then changed to a IGT a few weeks later because it was such a short 3D cruise figured we’d spend the money on art. (But we’re not inspired by what we found last week)
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? We booked Jan 2 for March 29, I got our number 7 weeks prior to boarding and discount sales were going crazy.
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5133
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Prefer second deck
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? Less than 3 months for a black out date and sales were going crazy the last month.

I know that room assignments are usually given between 14 - 1 days before departure.

However, what if the cruise is (pretty much) sold out? Do they still wait to assign room numbers?

I got two IGT staterooms for a June cruise, but saw that all inside staterooms are sold out, and there are only a dozen ocean view and veranda staterooms left. Does anyone have experience with this?

I know that room assignments are usually given between 14 - 1 days before departure.

However, what if the cruise is (pretty much) sold out? Do they still wait to assign room numbers?

I got two IGT staterooms for a June cruise, but saw that all inside staterooms are sold out, and there are only a dozen ocean view and veranda staterooms left. Does anyone have experience with this?
I recently, 11 days ago, completed an IGT. Along with many other IGt’s that purchased after us. My cabin was assigned about 30 days in advance but found from time to time the ship would show as sold out for several days, then would come back with interior rooms no IGT’s. Then later IGT’s would be back. You could look up 2 individuals for an interior room and you might find that there is still space. You’ll find extra spaces become available a few days after your paid in full day. The time-consuming factor for them is trying to figure out how many people they can put into the lifeboats according to how many are in each of the rooms for the lifeboat of that area. I tried to add a person to a room once where the lifeboat was full but there were rooms available throughout the ship.
So what I’m trying to say is check on Friday and I bet you’ll find different information.

1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? Disney Dream VGT

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? I got our cabin number 12 days before sail April
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5A 10006
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I do not want to sound like a spoilt brat, we sailed with FL resident rate few rooms away 10014 in 2017 and I did not like the overhang from upper deck. This time the overhang is even bigger since we are below concierge room forward. Also I don't care much for port side since it does not give you a view of Castaway Cay. However this room have great reviews and I should be grateful to get %A as category. So I am 99% happy.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? We booked Feb 26 for April 23 (approx. 2 months away)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter